Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by White Goodman »

Yep. Most of her weird pronouncements are directly related to being a god botherer.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

White Goodman wrote:Yep. Most of her weird pronouncements are directly related to being a god botherer.
Did none of this stuff come up before you decided to get married?
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

White Goodman wrote: Pretty sure that guarantees heterosexuality 100%. Or so Martina Navratilova tells me anyway.
I can confirm this is true. For the entire duration of every tennis match I've ever played, I've found myself being heterosexual. The problems only started when I couldn't maintain the 24x7 tennis because of exhaustion.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Hammer1972 wrote:
Did none of this stuff come up before you decided to get married?
Didn't particularly seem an issue then, as I was 100% dead set against having children.

As such I thought that what she believes is her own business I don't care too much.

Problem now being that with logic such as this displayed on a seemingly increasing basis, I can't just stand by and not call bull**** when it affects the kids.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

That's a tricky one. Fortunately my wife and I are similarly uninterested in religion - not particularly against it, just have no real interest. Can't imagine how it would work if my wife wanted them to be raised religiously.

How are you raising them, do they go to church, get baptised etc?
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Hammer1972 wrote:That's a tricky one. Fortunately my wife and I are similarly uninterested in religion - not particularly against it, just have no real interest. Can't imagine how it would work if my wife wanted them to be raised religiously.

How are you raising them, do they go to church, get baptised etc?
They've been baptised. They were babies so I thought if I needed to choose my battles, this one is probably one I can let go.

Fortunately my wife can't attend her church that often as we now live quite a long way from it but when they go she makes them go to Sunday School.

I just tend to ask them what they've learnt when they get back and give them an alternative view. Noah's Ark was a fun chat. I asked their mum to sit in and answer various questions etc she hasn't agreed to do that since :)

I've already managed to make the 7 year old doubt what she has been told, I don't particularly want to confuse them but I'd rather a bit of confusion than them blindly accepting complete horsepiss.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

Sarney10 wrote:Standing on a empty tube platform and someone comes and stands right next to me
This is something I loath.
I am a fairly introverted person who likes to share time and space with people of my choosing...But I love my space.
I go beach fishing. Summer/winter .....anytime of the year. I respect there will be people about in the nice weather....but even in the depths of winter, I'll find myself a nice secluded spot on the beach, nobody about for a mile left and right.....and some bunch of tools will enter my space and throw stones, shout, ask me questions, blah,blah ****ing blah...........

I'm queuing up in a shop and some feel the need to stand so close behind me I can hear them breathing.
I hate this. Back off...it actually stresses me. Supermarket time....people right behind with their trolley. I'm not in the way. I try to avoid any unnecessary interaction with others, but some feel the need to invade my personal space....Why..?

I would be so happy on a remote Western Isle. People, please, just f*** off...!!!
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

White Goodman wrote:They've been baptised. They were babies so I thought if I needed to choose my battles, this one is probably one I can let go.

Fortunately my wife can't attend her church that often as we now live quite a long way from it but when they go she makes them go to Sunday School.

I just tend to ask them what they've learnt when they get back and give them an alternative view. Noah's Ark was a fun chat. I asked their mum to sit in and answer various questions etc she hasn't agreed to do that since :)

I've already managed to make the 7 year old doubt what she has been told, I don't particularly want to confuse them but I'd rather a bit of confusion than them blindly accepting complete horsepiss.
You need to start making a few human sacrifices to Satan. That'll tell her what you're all about. You could start with a few Arsenal fans.

Just saying...
hammerddh
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by hammerddh »

getting "honest" on here lately.
I like it.
I often feel like you as well Robbie. The whole world can do one
E7Iron

Post by E7Iron »

The kids knocking one of them toilet rim things and flushing it down the bog. 100 quid for a plumber to come and get the buggering thing out!
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

E7Iron wrote:The kids knocking one of them toilet rim things and flushing it down the bog. 100 quid for a plumber to come and get the buggering thing out!
well he probably gave your missus a good shag along the way so you can't really complain about the price!
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

White Goodman wrote:
This will give her a greater chance of being a lesbian when she grows up. I've asked her to document a causal link between the two things.
:lol:

Absolute gold WG.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:
Absolute gold WG.
Yep for someone with a 1st class maths degree, she is often stupendously thick as ****.
WoodfordJnr

Post by WoodfordJnr »

Leicester fans getting away with what they done last night, imagine if that was our lot.
Jameslegend
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Jameslegend »

Sarney10 wrote:Standing on a empty tube platform and someone comes and stands right next to me
Robbie wrote:This is something I loath.
I am a fairly introverted person who likes to share time and space with people of my choosing...But I love my space.
I go beach fishing. Summer/winter .....anytime of the year. I respect there will be people about in the nice weather....but even in the depths of winter, I'll find myself a nice secluded spot on the beach, nobody about for a mile left and right.....and some bunch of tools will enter my space and throw stones, shout, ask me questions, blah,blah ****ing blah...........

I'm queuing up in a shop and some feel the need to stand so close behind me I can hear them breathing.
I hate this. Back off...it actually stresses me. Supermarket time....people right behind with their trolley. I'm not in the way. I try to avoid any unnecessary interaction with others, but some feel the need to invade my personal space....Why..?

I would be so happy on a remote Western Isle. People, please, just **** off...!!!
Haha this sort of stuff really annoys me too. Even things like when I am in the toilet and there are a number or free urinals/cubicles around, but people feel the need to go to the one right next to me. WHY?!!!
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Worse was a mate and I went Froch vs Groves in Manchester, next morning on the train back, hanging out our arses, tons of free seats some blokes sat next to us for god know what reason, even after farting profusely after a night of alcohol and curry, they still didn't move, comments like "it smells like someone is eating egg sandwiches"
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Was queuing up for the London aquarium a few years back, & a couple of foreign tourists were in my bubble so I could feel / hear them breathing. They backed off when I pretended to go for something in my back pocket, but elbowing the prick in the ribs as I did. Obviously I sarcastically apologized as if it was an accident. People in my bubble really do wind me up..
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

White Goodman wrote:................................

This will give her a greater chance of being a lesbian when she grows up. I've asked her to document a causal link between the two things.

With pictures please :)
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Plugged in my new tv over an hour ago. b*stard thing is still downloading updates ffs.
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

^ get a faster internet connection :wink: