Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

jastons
Has liked: 893 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by jastons »

Resealable tabs on packets of food items that are not strong enough to effectively re seal said packet.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

just eat the whole packet you not-fat b*stard!
jastons
Has liked: 893 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by jastons »

warp wrote:just eat the whole packet you not-fat b*stard!
:lol:
delbert
Has liked: 719 likes
Total likes: 699 likes

Post by delbert »

Paying extra to pick your own seats on a holiday flight. You have to wait until 90 days before your return date to be able to go on line to choose and when you go to pick them find the ones you wanted have all gone.
It turns out that those only going for 7 nights have to wait the same time the same as well, meaning they get to pick their seats 7 days before us for the outward flight.
It then turns out that it's actually quite hard for me to count back 90 days and get the right date for the homeward flight. :oops:

I'm off to NUMB to blame Brexit.....
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

warp wrote:just eat the whole packet you not-fat b*stard!
Yeah. Use all that ground coffee in one go. I'm sure it will be ok.
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

delbert wrote:Paying extra to pick your own seats on a holiday flight. You have to wait until 90 days before your return date to be able to go on line to choose and when you go to pick them find the ones you wanted have all gone.
It turns out that those only going for 7 nights have to wait the same time the same as well, meaning they get to pick their seats 7 days before us for the outward flight.
It then turns out that it's actually quite hard for me to count back 90 days and get the right date for the homeward flight. :oops:

I'm off to NUMB to blame Brexit.....
Thomson is a ****er for that. Fly BA - you can do it straight away!
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

People who park on a pavement and leave the car door open whilst they faff about, thus blocking the pavement and I have to walk in the road! Not cool.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Blow Bubbles wrote:Fly BA - you can do it straight away!
No you can't. Me and Mrs hd1 got a Business Class flight booked in a few weeks and would have cost me £40 extra to pick our seats for both flights.

I think the only way you can do it immediately is if you have achieved Silver membership or upwards of their Executive Club loyalty programme.
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

Blow Bubbles wrote:Fly BA - you can do it straight away!
hammerdivone wrote:No you can't. Me and Mrs hd1 got a Business Class flight booked in a few weeks and would have cost me £40 extra to pick our seats for both flights.

I think the only way you can do it immediately is if you have achieved Silver membership or upwards of their Executive Club loyalty programme.
We booked Mexico for two weeks in November this year just after Christmas and we definitely booked our seats... Just checked and you can even change your seats or upgrade them via their app. It was no extra cost either. Is your flight short haul? I wonder if it’s only long haul that they do it for?
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Ah could be then, or maybe for a package? Yes ours is short haul, well 3.5 hours but still classed as such!

Still irritating!
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

hammerdivone wrote:Ah could be then, or maybe for a package? Yes ours is short haul, well 3.5 hours but still classed as such!

Still irritating!
Absolutely, one of the reasons we picked BA over Thomson this year... although Thomson Dreamliner (787) is much better than the 777 that BA still use... which brings me onto something else that drives me insane, sinus headaches and being deaf for the first two days of a holiday from the plane! Don’t get that on the Dreamliner cos they pump in more air... Dammit!
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Joyeux Marteau wrote:People who park on a pavement and leave the car door open whilst they faff about, thus blocking the pavement and I have to walk in the road! Not cool.
Unless they have the window fully open then jump and roll through! Ta da!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The lady who delivers fresh fruit and milk to the office was late this morning. She's had to run a gauntlet of whinging and complaints from the entitled cretins that work up here (lots of 20-somethings in expensive suits, that drive BMWs and still live with their mums). The same cretins that spent most of this morning excitedly screeching and laughing and playing with the dog that someone brought in with them.

Still, I'm able to take comfort from the fact that they'll always be in debt, and will never own a home or have any financial security.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

DasNutNock wrote:The lady who delivers fresh fruit and milk to the office was late this morning. She's had to run a gauntlet of whinging and complaints from the entitled cretins that work up here (lots of 20-somethings in expensive suits, that drive BMWs and still live with their mums). The same cretins that spent most of this morning excitedly screeching and laughing and playing with the dog that someone brought in with them.

Still, I'm able to take comfort from the fact that they'll always be in debt, and will never own a home or have any financial security.
this , a whole generation only interested in front and image , rather than substance and manners
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

DasNutNock wrote:The lady who delivers fresh fruit and milk to the office was late this morning. She's had to run a gauntlet of whinging and complaints from the entitled cretins that work up here (lots of 20-somethings in expensive suits, that drive BMWs and still live with their mums). The same cretins that spent most of this morning excitedly screeching and laughing and playing with the dog that someone brought in with them.

Are these the same sort of c***s that have to take a selfie and post it on social media every time they so much as fart Dan?
Patito

Post by Patito »

chigwells finest wrote: this , a whole generation only interested in front and image , rather than substance and manners

We're not all like that
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:Are these the same sort of c***s that have to take a selfie and post it on social media every time they so much as fart Dan?
Goes without saying.

There's a gym here, which I've been taking advantage of (because it's free). I've noticed that the younger members are more concerned about taking photos of each other lifting weights than they are lifting weights. Utter bell ends.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Are they all skinny c*nts in GymShark gear by any chance?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I heard one of them talking about being "swole" and "jacked" the other day, and had to restrain myself from bludgeoning them with a dumbbell.
Patito

Post by Patito »

DasNutNock wrote:I heard one of them talking about being "swole" and "jacked" the other day, and had to restrain myself from bludgeoning them with a dumbbell.

FFS I didn't realise this side of the pond had been infiltrated