Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock »

prophet:marginal wrote:Aforementioned parents failed to see the funny side.
She got nicked for chucking water over trick or treaters? F*cking hell. I'd have given her a community award of some nature.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

There might have been a bit of tear up, when the OB attended, but that's why (I heard) they got called in.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Windows 10 Creators Fall update (1709). Three bloody hours!!
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Ticket inspectors on the district line at 5:30 am this morning, surely these staff would be placed at stations or somewhere else, the poor girl doing it looked she definitely didn't want to be there and some jobsworth boss had told that's her job for the day, then my contactless card wouldn't show up on her machine, like how's that my fault, it tapped in fine
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

fmgod wrote:Ticket inspectors on the district line at 5:30 am this morning, surely these staff would be placed at stations or somewhere else, the poor girl doing it looked she definitely didn't want to be there and some jobsworth boss had told that's her job for the day, then my contactless card wouldn't show up on her machine, like how's that my fault, it tapped in fine
And you know full well that he's spending the day tucked up in the office with a coffee and the heating on full whack.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

To be fair to the lass, she was good as gold really polite, friendly etc but obviously didn't care in that anyone without a ticket, she just said next time make sure you have one. I mean the carriage is sparse and half of it is asleep
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Windows 10 Creators Fall update (1709). Three bloody hours!!
It won't even install on my system. Goes to a black screen and freezes up. I have tried everything to get it to work. The only way it is probably going to work is if I do a full install and I'm not doing that.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

EastBrisHammer wrote: It won't even install on my system. Goes to a black screen and freezes up. I have tried everything to get it to work. The only way it is probably going to work is if I do a full install and I'm not doing that.
Sounds like you may have a dodgy RAM module there...
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

I've switched out the RAM. I suspect it is a driver issue either with the motherboard or graphics card. I had the same problem with the Anniversary update but managed to get it to work by removing all drivers. Doesn't seem to do the trick this time. I plan to change graphics card at some point and give it a go again. Unfortunately no on board graphics on the motherboard.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

The other big update six months or so back removed a few .dll's and caused a problem with a few applications not loading as obviously the .dll's it required were missing.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Getting a 45 Euro speeding ticket for doing <GASP> 96kmh in a 90 limit.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

Chatty strangers in supermarkets.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

EuropCar - Seem to be trying to charge me for all sorts right now
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

sendô wrote:Chatty strangers in supermarkets.
We're just lonely..
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

my internet download speed , at my new home , a staggering 0.7 megs, thank you bt/talk talk etc ., ps btw , talk talk have to have the worst customer service dept , anywhere in the civilised world
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1862 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

somerset-hammer wrote:When did it become a thing to 'decorate' the front of your house with tacky crap and cotton wool for halloween?
Seems to be loads of houses doing it this year.

Bah Humbug!
Mega Ron wrote: It's so parents (and children) know which houses to knock on. If there are no pumpkins or decorations then those inside will not be bothered.
Someone needs educating about these rules around these parts then.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

We escaped the Trick or treaters yet again. It's one of the few advantages of living in a small block of flats with a communal door!
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Halloween used to really annoy me a few years ago, random bunches of teenagers banging on the door all evening. Used to turn off all the lights and just ignore it.

But I have to say it seems to have self regulated very nicely (round our way at least)

We put a pumpkin outside and the porch light on. We had about 20-30 groups of small children in about an hour, all had made the effort to dress up and all were polite and took a single sweet from the bowl and said thank you. All were accompanied by parents who also said thank you.

At 7pm we took the pumpkins in and turned off the light, never had another knock. And I've heard parents outside say 'The light is off at that house, don't knock there ...'

As long is it stays like that, I am fine with it.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Hammer1972 wrote:Halloween used to really annoy me a few years ago, random bunches of teenagers banging on the door all evening. Used to turn off all the lights and just ignore it.

But I have to say it seems to have self regulated very nicely (round our way at least)

We put a pumpkin outside and the porch light on. We had about 20-30 groups of small children in about an hour, all had made the effort to dress up and all were polite and took a single sweet from the bowl and said thank you. All were accompanied by parents who also said thank you.

At 7pm we took the pumpkins in and turned off the light, never had another knock. And I've heard parents outside say 'The light is off at that house, don't knock there ...'

As long is it stays like that, I am fine with it.
That's actually how it worked out here, too, with the exception of a group of local "tough girls" attempting to block my passage as I walked to collect my daughter from Brownies. Given that I haven't eaten properly in 3 days nor experienced central heating since the weekend, my hissed "F*CK... OFF" appeared to sap their collective confidence quickly enough.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

DasNutNock wrote:.... a group of local "tough girls" attempting to block my passage
I think I've seen that film.