Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

And two girls?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

My current pet peev is colleagues who turn every little issue, even the simplest of activities, into a full blown drama and who create more problems than they resolve. All with non-stop verbal diarrhoea as an accompaniment. Image

Personnel File label "Place runs better when they are absent".
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

bubbles1966 wrote:My current pet peev is colleagues who turn every little issue, even the simplest of activities, into a full blown drama and who create more problems than they resolve. All with non-stop verbal diarrhoea as an accompaniment. Image

Yep, we have one of those too.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:My current pet peev is colleagues who turn every little issue, even the simplest of activities, into a full blown drama and who create more problems than they resolve. All with non-stop verbal diarrhoea as an accompaniment. Image

Don't really need to ask but middle aged women I assume?
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

We're in Cornwall for a few days visiting my wife's family and friends. As her brother lost his wife in May and he hasn't been in years we thought we'd invite him, the trouble is he invited his 86 year old mother in law. She isn't too bad but can't walk far and doesn't like being left for long which has kinda messed up our break.

On Sunday we met up for a carvery with most of the family down here. After the meal most of them were settled in for a session, plus the pub was going to show the game. My wife and her brother we're quite happy his mil insisted on going and they didn't want to upset her. So we ended up driving from place to place, she didn't want to walk and didn't really want to get out and look at views. All with my wife trying to placate a pissed off husband.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Use of the term "deep dive" at the workplace. A classic bullshitters' phrase.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2635 likes

Post by sendô »

Two things, interrelated.

1. Some knuckledragger stealing the mrs purse from on top of the car at the local supermarche while she was getting the kids out. £100 cash gone, cards to now cancel and replace, a driving license to pay for etc.

2. The mrs thinking the roof of the car in plain view of everyone whilst she was in the back unstrapping a toddler was a good place to leave her purse.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Expensive lesson for the Sendo clan! But f*** me, what a total **** for nicking it!!!

Outlook/Calendar - brilliant piece of kit for looking at who is off site and when, only though when they fill the poxy thing in, had to arrange a meeting 3 times as the ****ing numpties can't be bothered to fill it in properly. So I was very unprofessional and just sent an e-mail to all three sites with ** in to cover up my swearing at them, never done that, but f*** them, useless c**** :D
sendô

Post by sendô »

Passwords.

New policy at work, now needs to be 12 characters, have upper & lowercase, a number and a non-alphanumeric character. To be changed every 60 days.

Ridiculous.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Being given a £100 fine for the “criminal offence” I just committed in Sainsbury’s car park. Apparently when I got out the car, the wind blew a receipt out of my car and it flitted across the car park. Hats off to the eagle-eyed officer for spotting it and ensuring I was fairly punished for my crime. I’ve really been taught a lesson today.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

sendô wrote:Passwords.

New policy at work, now needs to be 12 characters, have upper & lowercase, a number and a non-alphanumeric character. To be changed every 60 days.

Ridiculous.
Were you also told not to write it down?
sendô

Post by sendô »

DasNutNock wrote:Being given a £100 fine for the “criminal offence” I just committed in Sainsbury’s car park. Apparently when I got out the car, the wind blew a receipt out of my car and it flitted across the car park. Hats off to the eagle-eyed officer for spotting it and ensuring I was fairly punished for my crime. I’ve really been taught a lesson today.
^ By a copper? Surely you can appeal, or else go down to the police station and complain?
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

sendô wrote:
Ridiculous.
That's only 11 characters, and there's no number
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

sendô wrote:By a copper? Surely you can appeal, or else go down to the police station and complain?
By some "council officer" with a camera attached to her vest. Couldn't she have just asked me to pick it up, or is that less profitable?

I'll have a word with them, but I suspect they'll treat me with the contempt they reserve for hardened criminals such as myself.
sendô

Post by sendô »

That's akin to the "Traffic Enforcers" who like to nick people outside the clinic near my house that park with half a wheel over the dotted line in the marked bays at the side of the road.

They're not keeping the road or the pavement clear or doing any sort of service to the public, but will of course get some commission out of your misery.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Aye, they weren't able to empty our bins much of the summer, but they were able to fine my neighbour for parking his car slightly over a dropped kerb - one that's adjacent to a "driveway" that was built over at least 30 years previously.

I understand it's a collective responsibility to keep the country clean & tidy, but f*ck me, £100 because a bit of paper blew out of my car? I am going to make some trouble for the council over this - completely legally, of course, because I learned my lesson that crime doesn't pay. But I'm going to waste a pile of their time and resources, and I'm going to enjoy doing it.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

'A person is guilty of an offence if he throws down, drops or otherwise deposits any litter in any place to which this section applies and leaves it.

That's the actual law there (if your legal notice relates to s87 of the Environmental Protection Act).

Have you 'otherwise deposited' and 'left' a piece of paper, if it is taken by the wind from your vehicle?

£100 for a single piece of paper seems totally disproportionate...ridiculous even.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

DasNutNock wrote:Being given a £100 fine for the “criminal offence” I just committed in Sainsbury’s car park. Apparently when I got out the car, the wind blew a receipt out of my car and it flitted across the car park. Hats off to the eagle-eyed officer for spotting it and ensuring I was fairly punished for my crime. I’ve really been taught a lesson today.
I'm thinking what is needed here is a 'sad face' story in the Daily Mail...
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

sendô wrote:That's akin to the "Traffic Enforcers" who like to nick people outside the clinic near my house that park with half a wheel over the dotted line in the marked bays at the side of the road.

They're not keeping the road or the pavement clear or doing any sort of service to the public, but will of course get some commission out of your misery.
The same c***s who hide behind trees and fences taking pictures and alleged video evidence of you supposedly parked illegally rather than come and explain to and ask you to move your vehicle, resulting in a parking ticket in the post couple of days later.

Mind you, I went up to the Sutton civic offices to request a viewing of the video, to which they told me I had to arrange a date and time. I did and by the time I got home (about 30 minutes), I received a phone call from someone at the parking fine department telling me to save time, she had reviewed the footage. It clearly showed me loading my car and therefore they would take no further action.

Although she was right about me loading the car, I've always believed I called their bluff. There was never any footage, they just asked the c**t who took the photo.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Winds me up that they do that “pay within 10 days and save 20%!!!” nonsense, too. Bad enough when it’s private clampers, utterly shameless when it’s the council. So petty and opportunistic.

Also, where’s the line drawn? I’ve got a pile of stuff I need to get shot of out of the shed - decorating crud, sacks of old tiles, all sorts. If I take it to the tip, they’ll charge me for it (per bag, a nice fair way of calculating the price). So I might as well just take it to Sainsbury’s and dump it in their car park - if I get a fine, I’ll probably break even anyway, or I might just get away with it and they can pay to take it away.