Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by djclipz »

Bought something online, order is still not fully processed as it still says 'pending'.. They have missed my next day delivery, however have still taken the money!

Now I appreciate the time of year etc etc, the order is obviously delayed but there was no warning, there has been no contact to me etc. Taking the piss a bit i think.
rigoberts song
Has liked: 81 likes
Total likes: 334 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Put half a carrier bag full of rubbish in a skip outside my works .
Last week get a court summons from my local council for fly tipping and failing to have a waste carriers licence!
Tuns out the skip was under cctv so some council jobsworth has printed off an image of my car
got a piece of paper out the carrier bag taken a copy of it and sent it to me as evidence.
so off to court on the 4th Jan ,
Would you go to go to court and plead guily to putting half a bag in the skip or tell them what a load of nonsense it is ?
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

The Mrs being a drunken mouthy mess and acting like a complete ****... I swear, I love her but sometimes when she drinks she doesn’t know when to stop and if she was a bloke mate I would probably clock her! Headbanger
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

People who don't make any attempt to cover their mouths when they have a cold and are coughing and spluttering everywhere.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2699 likes

Post by sendô »

Specsavers ineptitude. Despite me telling them at my eye test that I struggle to read small text up close, especially late in the day, they only do tests for long distance vision and told me my eye sight is fine. Another test at Vision Express confirmed I need reading glasses.

Having to pay for parking at the hospital. £18 for a day.

The midwife converting the baby's weight wrong from metric to imperial.

Having to go back to work after 3 lovely weeks off. :(
chigwells finest wrote:YODEL couriers, possibly the most inept firm ever.
"Couldn't find my house" the other day, despite me living on a main road. Neither could the idiot midwife, who for some reason thought that we lived at the clinic down the road.
jastons
Has liked: 893 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by jastons »

sendô wrote:Specsavers ineptitude. Despite me telling them at my eye test that I struggle to read small text up close, especially late in the day, they only do tests for long distance vision and told me my eye sight is fine. Another test at Vision Express confirmed I need reading glasses.
Obviously your eyesight is so bad that you didn't see the small print at Specsavers :arry:
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 334 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

No milk in the fridge at work. No tea for me.

Disaster.

Sat here supping black coffee. f*** me it's vile stuff. How do people drink this crap?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2699 likes

Post by sendô »

They buy decent quality coffee.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

sendô wrote:They buy decent quality coffee.
Or buy some milk
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

I can assure you they don't.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 593 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Can't stand black coffee either, so I make sure I pick up a litre of milk on the way in. People have noticed and said thanks, but so far no-one has thought to reciprocate. I remain the 'milk fairy' (go on, fill yer boots). Going to ask if I can start billing cos it costs me a fiver a week.

That's it. No more. I just went to make coffee and all the milk I brought in this morning has gone. Didn't even get a sniff at it. Going to bring a tiny amount and keep it to myself out of the fridge. I'm going to love it, LOVE IT tomorrow when they're all bolloxed and wondering what's happened.

****s
woodgreenspur
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by woodgreenspur »

vietnammer wrote:Can't stand black coffee either, so I make sure I pick up a litre of milk on the way in. People have noticed and said thanks, but so far no-one has thought to reciprocate. I remain the 'milk fairy' (go on, fill yer boots). Going to ask if I can start billing cos it costs me a fiver a week.

That's it. No more. I just went to make coffee and all the milk I brought in this morning has gone. Didn't even get a sniff at it. Going to bring a tiny amount and keep it to myself out of the fridge. I'm going to love it, LOVE IT tomorrow when they're all bolloxed and wondering what's happened.

****s
Buy some Marvel powdered milkand keep it in a draw.
Last edited by woodgreenspur on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

vietnammer wrote:Can't stand black coffee either, so I make sure I pick up a litre of milk on the way in. People have noticed and said thanks, but so far no-one has thought to reciprocate. I remain the 'milk fairy' (go on, fill yer boots). Going to ask if I can start billing cos it costs me a fiver a week.

****s
Quick tip, buy some green food colouring, drop it into the milk. Nobody will touch or or won't recognise it as milk. It's tasteless too so won't affect how the milk tastes.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

This. I only drink black coffee, which means I buy decent coffee and I don't drink coffee from the chains - as theirs is blended to taste "ok" when milk and tons of crap is added.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 593 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Quick tip, buy some green food colouring, drop it into the milk. Nobody will touch or or won't recognise it as milk. It's tasteless too so won't affect how the milk tastes.
Given me ideas. I'll try and find deep red and tell people it's virgin's blood. :thup:
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

sendô wrote:Specsavers ineptitude. Despite me telling them at my eye test that I struggle to read small text up close, especially late in the day, they only do tests for long distance vision and told me my eye sight is fine. Another test at Vision Express confirmed I need reading glasses.
I've just bought a pair of "adjustable" reading glasses from EYEJUSTERS.
. (You can only use them for reading, mind you)
Each lens has a dial to take it from +0.50 to +4.00 max.
The main benefit is being able to adjust according to light conditions and size of print.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 180 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Background music everywhere. I guess I've got used to it over the years in shops (though the Xmas period brings out the rage in me after hearing the same dozen songs 40 billion* times).

But.... they've now started it in my local bank branch. WTF? I confess that I rarely go into a bricks and mortar bank, but since when have banks had to have sodding background music?

(* approximately. It may have been more)
view from the shires
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by view from the shires »

vietnammer wrote:Given me ideas. I'll try and find deep red and tell people it's virgin's blood. :thup:
Carmine food colouring will do the job.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

vietnammer wrote: Given me ideas. I'll try and find deep red and tell people it's virgin's blood. :thup:
Or just prick your finger and get the real thing.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Easter eggs in shops and creme egg adverts on the telly.