Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock »

Also, one had a furry hot water bottle tucked under her arm and was whining about the temperature, whilst wearing what appeared to be a vest and a thin cotton scarf.
HalfTimePie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by HalfTimePie »

DasNutNock wrote:Also, one had a furry hot water bottle tucked under her arm and was whining about the temperature, whilst wearing what appeared to be a vest and a thin cotton scarf.
One of team members does that here too, and always has to tell everyone she is using a hot water bottle at any opportunity.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

DasNutNock wrote:Also, one had a furry hot water bottle tucked under her arm and was whining about the temperature, whilst wearing what appeared to be a vest and a thin cotton scarf.
There is this bird who works in my place ( mid thirties fit as ...) who also wears paper thin vests, she has the biggest nipples I have ever seen when it gets cold in here, needless to say I am forever opening windows and turning radiators off at every opportunity. :twisted:
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

ageing... you know the rules!
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:3. French drivers. They're dangerous. They think tailgating, pulling out without warning and generally driving aggressively is perfectly acceptable.
Yes they're pretty rotten - had one gesticulating wildly at me this morning on the autoroute as I pulled into the 'slow lane' as he was attempting to undertake me (he was still about 50 yards behind me when I moved over but approaching at about twice the speed limit). The Belgians are worse though for tailgating.....I'm overtaking at 130km/h and they're still about a yard behind me in their 7-series BMWs with their indicator on showing that they want me to get out of the way.

Indicators are definitely an optional extra here in Switzerland though, particularly where roundabout ettiquette is involved. After 8 years here it still winds me up, despite an effort by the police to educate drivers on their usage a couple of years ago - in fact a senior Swiss policeman I know told me that he rarely bothers himself.
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

Fifa 19 and having grown men talking about packs whatever they are, had a quick game the other day and the game play is so **** give me pro 5 any day of the week
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: On the other hand, Northern Spain was amazing. Breathtaking scenery, fantastic weather and the people were spot on. The roads around the Pyrenees are scary as **** though with hairpin bends having no barriers and 3-400 foot drops either side - not for the faint hearted believe me.
I was in a Ford Capri (shows you how long ago this happened) with 3 mates driving through Andorra
en route to Spain. At one point we were stuck in a convoy behind a coach - similar scenario to what you describe - when a battered Citroen C2v (I think it was) came chugging by and went past the coach on a blind bend on the wrong side of the road!

Later we went on a campsite in Spain that was on a hill. We had to drive almost to the top to find a spot
to pitch our tent. Shortly after we arrived a fully-laden Citroen crawled past us and stopped. Then the back axle collapsed! I like to think it was the same car. :)
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

I bought some timber posts a couple of months ago for a project in the garden that I never had the time to start, I looked at them earlier and found they'd all warped. I'm now looking on google for ways to unwarp them........
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1205 likes

Post by Tenbury »

If they're not treated, drop them in the bath/a stream ,for a few days then set them up in a frame.
delbert

Post by delbert »

:thup:

I was going to do soak them then coach bolt the poxy things to something straight whilst they dry out. If that works I'll treat them and get them fixed into place ASAP before they trans again.........
Algarve Hammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Algarve Hammer »

delbert wrote:I bought some timber posts a couple of months ago for a project in the garden that I never had the time to start, I looked at them earlier and found they'd all warped. I'm now looking on google for ways to unwarp them........

Maybe ask warp? :wink:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 924 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

delbert wrote:I bought some timber posts a couple of months ago for a project in the garden that I never had the time to start, I looked at them earlier and found they'd all warped. I'm now looking on google for ways to unwarp them........
Algarve Hammer wrote:Maybe ask warp? :wink:
....or Warp’s mum!!
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Use them as fire wood. Best use for them now. :wink:
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1953 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Keep them, and use them as an excuse for not doing whatever the project in the garden was.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

That is the correct answer, f*** the job off until next year at least
delbert

Post by delbert »

Well come to think of it, the nights are drawing in........ :thup:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Garage collected my wife’s car this morning, following her crashing it a few weeks back. She took mine to collect our daughter from nursery and returned with the nearside rear light smashed and the bumper scratched.
Tenbury

Post by Tenbury »

I practice 'bangernomics' primarily through lack of cash, but it does have the added bonus of it not really mattering what the kids' mother does to the car.Suffice to say that after 4 years I'm changing my 350 quid motor,not because it's done over 250K miles, but because the wings are so dented you can barely make the replacement lights fit...
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Well yes, I see little point in trying to own nice cars when:

1) we have 2 kids
2) we don't have a driveway and have to park on an extremely busy (albeit generally quiet) road
3) we live in Surrey where everyone is a c*nt

Dinks, scrapes and bangs i'm not so bothered about, but things like light clusters are a bit of a "must fix asap" thing.
Tenbury

Post by Tenbury »

The final straw was when she snapped off the drivers sunsheild.I'd have to take the roof lining off to replace it, simply not worth it( as it's a bugger). Might look for another elderly passat with SH. I hate people who can't look after motors.