Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by DasNutNock »

sendô wrote:Some crusty old bint telling my missus she is "disgusting" for breast feeding the baby in public.

The fact that I wasn't there also irritates me, although it's probably well that I wasn't.
Your missus did well to stop herself from stabbing the miserable cow in the eye. Assuming she did stop herself from doing that, of course.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

sendô wrote:Some crusty old bint telling my missus she is "disgusting" for breast feeding the baby in public.

The fact that I wasn't there also irritates me, although it's probably well that I wasn't.
Where exactly in public?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

I dunno, shopping centre or coffee shop or similar. I'd had a few when she told me so wasn't paying much attention. She's pretty discreet about that sort of thing, it's not likes she's strolling around bangers out holding the baby in one hand and a fag in the other. You'd see more flesh at the beach.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

sendô wrote:I dunno, shopping centre or coffee shop or similar. I'd had a few when she told me so wasn't paying much attention. She's pretty discreet about that sort of thing, it's not likes she's strolling around bangers out holding the baby in one hand and a fag in the other. You'd see more flesh at the beach.
Perfectly natural, can't understand why the old bint had an issue with it.

Unless the baby was about 15. :D
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

Post by -DL- »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Now two posters I'm very fond of are falling out . Please make up , lads .
Who?
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

This is quite a big thing as it happens but, my local utility company.

We've now been without power for thirty-six hours and they 'hope' to have it restored by Sunday evening, that is in another 72 hours. Even with US gas prices, I've now spent $60 to run my generator and counting.

You'd think that they'd have worked out by now that ice storms and high winds aren't completely unknown and we live in a place where certain types of tree grow about ten foot a year, However, they still think it's a great idea to run power lines through the ****ing trees rather than underground.

I don't think our government really understands that, given a choice between stealth bombers or some other bit of high tech military junk and being able to turn a light on, most of us would choose the latter every time.

The US is a first- world country with a third-world power grid...... and they can't build ****ing roads either.

c****.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Post by Clucking Bell »

nickkarkie wrote:No good ever comes of fighting, there are some situations where there just isn't a solution, like what happened to Dan, the guy didn't spit in your face but it's still unpleasant and he was also using his size and who he was with as a method of intimidation, now some might say that a pint glass to the face would have equalised his superior size but it wouldn't end well, probably with a beating from his buddies and time behind bars.
I've only tried this once (and got away with it, thank f***) but, a mate of mine had a really good way of dealing with these sort of incidents. He'd step really close to the bloke, wink, smile and say, "you cheeky monkey" like he was talking to a five year old. If he felt he could get away with it, he'd grab their cheek and give it a wiggle at the same time.

He claimed that the bloke only had a go at him once afterwards and even then his mates stopped the fight, apologized and bought him a beer.
Clucking Bell

Post by Clucking Bell »

And another thing ...... why is air travel so much dicking about with security and all this getting there two hours early b*llocks?

At the end of the day it's a ****ing three dimensional bus and it's no more likely to kill a few hundred people than a bendy bus going over Tower Bridge and the bridge accidentally opening.

There needs to be a 'I'm prepared to risk it' airline where you rock up ten minutes before the ****ing thing takes off, drop your bag in the hold and off it goes. Let's face it, all a pilot does these days is sticks the autopilot on and then spends a couple of hours being noshed off by one of the trolley dollies.

Oh .... and the **** who invented these ****ing stupid passport scanners needs a good hard f*** off the wrong end of a Norwegian bos'n too. Heathrow twats: it takes more ****ing people to sort out the problems with the scanners than it would have done to pay a bloke to look at the passport manually .... you useless ****ing bastards!

Rant over :D
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9650 likes

Post by S-H »

Feel better now CB? :lol:
nickkarkie
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

Clucking,

Your mates idea would defuse the situation for some types of aggressors but there are many who would see it as condescending even though they are in the wrong and I would never put myself in striking distance of an aggressive twats, it's amazing how many fights you see where it's so clear that one guy is going to hit the other but the victim just doesn't realise. There is a very recent video of a headbutt in a chicken shop circulating online where the victim didn't seem to expect it.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/1 ... estaurant/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2687 likes
Total likes: 1782 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

-DL- wrote:
Who?
On reflection they could have been mucking about , hard to tell when you're old . :)

Rars and DasNut .
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Rars and DasNut .
Not my fault he's so much of a c*nt.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Not my fault you can still taste bitter, Saffa phlegm

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

nickkarkie wrote:There is a very recent video of a headbutt in a chicken shop circulating online where the victim didn't seem to expect it.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/1 ... estaurant/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why would he, he's ordering some chicken at the counter, turns around to see what the kerfuffle is all about and gets nutted.

Fair play though he gets up and has a go back despite him and his mate both being clearly hammered.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2687 likes
Total likes: 1782 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

DasNutNock wrote:
Not my fault he's so much of a c*nt.
Is that a ' friendly - matey ' use of or is there genuine animosity going on here , or do you both enjoy confusing old folk ? :)
Estuary
Has liked: 369 likes
Total likes: 138 likes

Post by Estuary »

I receive emails from Virgin Media, todays came advising me that I might like "The Footy" this weekend. Who are these people? Doesn't anyone at Virgin know anything about football culture? While on the subject "fans", people who go to football matches are supporters, fans are things you flap in front of your face to cool you down.

Rocks by Primal Scream

As diabolical a song as you're ever likely to hear.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Rocks by Primal Scream

GET OUT.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Rocks by Primal Scream

Cockneyboy311 wrote:GET OUT.
this prompted me to listen to the song.
easily forgettable, mediocre mid-nineties tune, but it sounds like it could work in the first 15 seconds. then the singing starts.
could work on the radio i suppose.

It is truly awful.

I despair at the comment above yours, that someone can feasibly think otherwise, even to the extent of protestation. Disgusting.

Bland. As. f***.