Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Tenbury »

My old place fronts on to the pavement,as do the people over the road,we've both got terriers.They hate each other,and when we're out they sit on their sofas and yell at each other through closed windows.It has most people in stitches,I'm pretty sure some local pedestrians detour just to hear them.
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

the celestial insect wrote:My cat is more popular with the neighbours than I am, that's for sure.
I know that feeling! Both my cats are more popular, everyone asks about them. . .
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Have you considered moving?[/quote]

We have but the house is great for work and getting to town! There are some nice neighbours as well!
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Tenbury wrote:My old place fronts on to the pavement,as do the people over the road,we've both got terriers.They hate each other,and when we're out they sit on their sofas and yell at each other through closed windows.It has most people in stitches,I'm pretty sure some local pedestrians detour just to hear them.
This. People with dogs who don't give a f*** that they bark all day whilst they're out.

We've even got someone local who's dog suddenly goes off on one around 11:30-midnight for at least 20 minutes an often longer. Why can't the lazy ****ers get up and tell it shut up, they must hear the bloody thing?

FWIW I love dogs
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

hammerdivone wrote:
FWIW I love dogs
So do they. That's probably why the dog is barking.

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2706 likes

Post by sendô »

Car manufacturers and the amazingly optimistic MPG figures they public for their vehicles.

I can only assume the "urban" areas they test them in are perfectly flat towns with no traffic lights, stop signs or traffic in general.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

EastBrisHammer wrote:Talking about intrusive neighbours...I used to have kids use my small gravelly bit of front garden as part as their extended football pitch using the neighbours' cars as boundaries to stop the ball traveling too far up the street and my back garden as row Z. Luckily, they only played from 4pm - 10pm each day, all day at weekends so it wasn't too bad.
I have kids who play football on the path outside my back garden. I regularly get home to all sorts of different balls scattered in my garden. I just throw them back and they come and get them. If I’m in and I hear them playing out there I normally unlock my back gate and tell them if they kick the ball over to just come into the garden to get it.

My neighbour ****ing hates them playing out there though. He came round once ranting and raving about them telling me he had called the police because they kept kicking balls over and it was ‘damaging’ his brick shed :lol:

I’ve never had a problems with it. You hardly ever see kids kicking a ball about outside these days and I was just as bad when I was growing up!
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

Hammer Laffers wrote:My neighbour ****ing hates them playing out there though. He came round once ranting and raving about them telling me he had called the police because they kept kicking balls over and it was ‘damaging’ his brick shed :lol:
He obviously hasn't given much thought to what they might be doing if they weren't outside getting exercise.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

We always had a one strike rule. If you kick the ball over to next door, you can go and ask once for it. Do it a second time and it's tough luck, find something else to do
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Trying to work from home with the wife on maternity leave.
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

Hammer Laffers wrote: I have kids who play football on the path outside my back garden. I regularly get home to all sorts of different balls scattered in my garden. I just throw them back and they come and get them. If I’m in and I hear them playing out there I normally unlock my back gate and tell them if they kick the ball over to just come into the garden to get it.

My neighbour ****ing hates them playing out there though. He came round once ranting and raving about them telling me he had called the police because they kept kicking balls over and it was ‘damaging’ his brick shed :lol:

I’ve never had a problems with it. You hardly ever see kids kicking a ball about outside these days and I was just as bad when I was growing up!
I used to play football out in the street when I was younger but back then neighbours could tell you to clear off if you were becoming a nuisance, and to be fair we often were. So we would pick up the football and walk the five minutes to the park.

The kids I had playing near my old house played pretty much all the time and there was no where in the house where you could escape it. A tiny bit of green ran down by the side of the house (about big enough for really small kids to play on). The house actually vibrated when you had about six of them running up and down. They used smash it against windows and cars and it would make you jump out of your skin when it invariably thumped against the kitchen window or door. To be honest, it's all down to the parents. As Richie said, if you keep kicking it over find something else to do for the rest of the day. I never had a problem chucking the balls back until it became a 'multi-ball' special. When we moved we found out that loads of people in the street were unhappy about the kids. Shame they never said anything to the numb nuts dad. I had a row with him in the street after I got fed up of trying to be reasonable.

People keep saying kids don't play outside anymore but everywhere I have lived they do. My current house has kids playing footie in the garden behind mine and kids play in the street outside. It's good to see and I have no problem with it. Just a little bit of consideration for neighbours is all I ask.
sendô

Post by sendô »

I spent most of my childhood playing football on a small piece of parkland up the road. The neighbours would moan like buggery about the kids kicking balls over into their garden. I guess it was annoying constantly having kids knock on the door, and having their greenhouse smashed, but then what else do you want kids to do?

The council covered the grass with big logs shortly after I discovered drugs and alcohol, so the next generation didn't get the chance to play football over there. Hopefully they spent their time spraying graffiti or egging houses.
EastBrisHammer

Post by EastBrisHammer »

sendô wrote:I spent most of my childhood playing football on a small piece of parkland up the road. The neighbours would moan like buggery about the kids kicking balls over into their garden. I guess it was annoying constantly having kids knock on the door, and having their greenhouse smashed, but then what else do you want kids to do?

The council covered the grass with big logs shortly after I discovered drugs and alcohol, so the next generation didn't get the chance to play football over there. Hopefully they spent their time spraying graffiti or egging houses.
Until you live with it then it is easy to say stuff like that. I had a flat once with someone playing hours of bassy music next door and that was easier to live with. I lived in a rough area with vandalism and crime and that was easier. As I have already said I have always lived in areas where kids play outside but there is a fine line between it being constantly intrusive to just a few kids playing. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Many people living in that street had children and they hated it as well.

There were loads of parks nearby but apparently they had paedos in them. I played up in woodlands, parks and building sites in the 70s and somehow escaped death or being molested. I think its all indicative of modern culture where we are kid-centric. You can't say anything about children without being labelled a miserable old git or killjoy. You can spot the considerate parents from the others. And strangely enough the considerate parents seem to have the happier kids.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Kids are like dogs to me though, I don't want your dog/kids anywhere near me, you look after them, keep them close to you etc couldn't care if little Timmy is being friendly or Garfield won't bite, I have no inclination to want them near me
EastBrisHammer

Post by EastBrisHammer »

I don't mind kids and dogs, apart from the bitey ones.

Talking about dogs, a woman down the pub brings hers in and it pisses everywhere and she feeds it dog treats on top of the table (where people eat). I can't work out if she or the dog is smellier.
sendô

Post by sendô »

Nothing worse than other peoples kids biting your hands and ****ting on the front lawn.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2682 likes
Total likes: 1780 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

the celestial insect wrote:My cat is more popular with the neighbours than I am, that's for sure.
We had 3 feral kittens born in our byre - I managed to tame two of them , the other went off with Mum somewhere and I never saw it again - the two that remained were brilliant cats , both were very good looking but the female was considerably so - everyone who saw her would comment on how beautiful a cat she was and as I'd been the one to befriend them they would follow me round the garden everywhere I went .

Next door [ to the right of us ] is a holiday house and one day a lady came round asking if our cat was mine [ '' she's so pretty '' ] as she was going to take it back home with her at the end of her holiday !!
'' Yes , she is mine and No you can't have her '' .

Anyway , subjects that annoy me - next door's hens - our neighbours are away just now taking their yacht back down to the Clyde - every day their hens come round pooing on my patio and my steps .
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Anyway , subjects that annoy me - next door's hens - our neighbours are away just now taking their yacht back down to the Clyde - every day their hens come round pooing on my patio and my steps .
I'd be experimenting with 11 herbs & spices :twisted:
EastBrisHammer

Post by EastBrisHammer »

sendô wrote:Nothing worse than other peoples kids biting your hands and ****ting on the front lawn.
And to make matters worse one did a white coloured turd!
sendô

Post by sendô »

Doctors surgeries cancelling appointments and "closing for training".