Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by wolf359 »

People who obviously don't understand the acronym they are using and say words twice,

HIV Virus
PAT Testing
PIN Number
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

The overuse of the word "Heroes", in relation to anyone in the armed forces

Don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty of heroic acts done by our armed forces, but I feel it belittles those who genuinely go beyond the call and do act truly heroically. And don't get me wrong, I have a lot of empathy for those who have had their lives changed whilst serving in Afghanistan, and feel it is our duty to make sure the right care is there for those unfortunate enough to have suffered

But at the end of the day, it's their career choice. Signing up, and getting injured doesn't automatically make you a hero in my book.
As I say, there are plenty of heroic acts, and I do feel they should be respected and celebrated, but this relentless gushing over anything to do with anyone in the armed services irritates me

Dons tin hat and ducks into bunker
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

Hambrosia Stu wrote:The overuse of the word "Heroes", in relation to anyone in the armed forces

Don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty of heroic acts done by our armed forces, but I feel it belittles those who genuinely go beyond the call and do act truly heroically. And don't get me wrong, I have a lot of empathy for those who have had their lives changed whilst serving in Afghanistan, and feel it is our duty to make sure the right care is there for those unfortunate enough to have suffered

But at the end of the day, it's their career choice. Signing up, and getting injured doesn't automatically make you a hero in my book.
As I say, there are plenty of heroic acts, and I do feel they should be respected and celebrated, but this relentless gushing over anything to do with anyone in the armed services irritates me

Dons tin hat and ducks into bunker
Vegetarians :wink:
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

Hambrosia Stu wrote: :lol:
Cracked me up that did! Spoken with true irritation!!!
Of all the annoying things in the world you could have picked... that certainly wins the award for most random.
I know where you're coming from though
it was a toss up between the tom sauce bottle and the Gillette shaving gel can that with only the slightest pressure dispences enough gel for 20 full grown beards and god forbid you miss aim because that stuff sticks to the carpet like **** to a blanket
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Heores used for anything other than proper heroic deeds. A footballer isn't a hero because he played a game after his father died, he is just like the rest of us who have to go to work after a bereavement.

People who shop in petrol stations. Petrol stations shoul have pumps and a till, the rest is bollox. I hate sitting waiting for the pump when the inconsiderate **** at the pump is in the shop buying ****ing chocolate bars, crisps, drinks, papers, hoover bags, ice cream, bread, window cleaner....this is especially bad when it is at supermarket petrol stations....there's a ****ing big shop to buy that ****, go in there!

Cyclist in general, but especially those with no consideration for pedestrians. I have less of a problem with those that jump lights etc (although they are still c****) as they will eventually die a gruesome death. Whilst we're on the subject, people who get crushed by lorries turning left. Instead of pandering to the ****ing cycling brigade, make it illegal for cyclists to stop on the left of a ****ing lorry turning left!!

Children on public transport during rush hour. Not your normal "bringing them into school/nursery" stuff but during the school holidays. You can leave London earlier or later than 5pm, try it.

People who shout abuse at football matches without good reason. Especially racist abuse. "Carlton you useless black ****" just as they kick off...no need.

Country lanes are a dislike of mine, mainly because I always encounter the local who drives through them at 70mph as they come round the bend I am approaching. I dislike driving through tunnels as well unless I can see the other end...that's more a phobia than an irritation though.
OxfordRobbo

Post by OxfordRobbo »

Drivers who insist on going over to the wrong side of the road just to make a left hand turn. Morons!
People who make your bus wait when your in a hurry and then smile at everyone when they get on. Twats!
People who scrape chairs over the floor instead of picking them up to move them. Bastards!
The little kid sat behind me at the BG insisting on shouting come on you irons every 20 seconds. Little twat!
People who don't wash their hands after going to the toilet. Dirty bastards!
Moany old gits on forums who complain about everyone else. Me!
OxfordRobbo

Post by OxfordRobbo »

Oh, and Adrian Heath.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

People who use the bus. Twats!
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

Radio advertisments that feature people with regional accents.
brookingsboots

Post by brookingsboots »

People (usually in 4x4's) who when cant find a parking space in a car park invent their own by either mounting the pavement or just sticking it at the end of a row.

Usually the same people who drive the wrong way round the car park and wont budge when you meet head on, normally due to their incompetence in reversing their battle ship of a motor.

people who cross the road diagonally.

People who moan that they have no money then tell you they just booked up their 4th holiday this year.

90% of the people in the post office who aint posting anything just withdrawing money.

Not being able to walk down a high street without being confronted by someone with a clipboard wanting 2 mins of my time.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

Hammers Dad wrote:the shop buying f***ing chocolate bars, crisps, drinks, papers, hoover bags, ice cream, bread, window cleaner
Hold on... you can get hoover bags in the petrol station? Excellent - I'm always forgetting them when I'm in Tesco.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

My bird rabbiting on about a load of old **** which I have no interest in and care nothing for.
shammy

Post by shammy »

RyanWHUFC wrote:My bird rabbiting on about a load of old sh*t which I have no interest in and care nothing for.

Is the correct answer :lol:
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Philosophical Dan wrote:People who use the bus. Twats!
Since I have been forced to get these red vechiles from hell, my hatred for my fellow bus users has increased....especially the selfish twats that can not go a 20 minute bus ride without eating the world's most nosiest food, and/or without allowing me the "pleasure" of sharing their crap music tastes.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

Public Transport, mate. The clue's in the name - "Public". I try to avoid the public where possible, with their diseases, and their unpleasant smells.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Hammers Dad wrote:the shop buying f***ing chocolate bars, crisps, drinks, papers, hoover bags, ice cream, bread, window cleaner
Philosophical Dan wrote: Hold on... you can get hoover bags in the petrol station? Excellent - I'm always forgetting them when I'm in Tesco.
Depends...you can get the Z960, Z965 & Z967 quite easily, though the Boss Z2105 are quite hard to come by
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

Sweeney Bod wrote:
Since I have been forced to get these red vechiles from hell, my hatred for my fellow bus users has increased....especially the selfish twats that can not go a 20 minute bus ride without eating the world's most nosiest food, and/or without allowing me the "pleasure" of sharing their crap music tastes.
that reminds me of my flight back from Tallinn the other month , 2hr 20 flight and the fat cow opposite me was eating when she boarded the aircraft and was still eating when we landed in London, I bet the lard arse tells all her friends that she dont eat much too and its a medical problem
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

chav slags who push their chav kids in the buggy out into the road to make you stop

old people who drive at 3mph then speed up when you try to overtake, just hurry up & die you decrepid old c**t
jimmy dean

Post by jimmy dean »

Window Cleaner !! what on earth are people doing trying to buy me in a petrol station....little shits :lol:
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1191 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Your in a line waiting to pay for petrol and the bloke in front of you feels the need to keep one foot in the queue to retain his place whilst streaching the rest of his body half way down the store for a last minute purchase of jumbo M&Ms.

Leave the queue fatso!!