Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby sendô on Tue May 22, 2018 1:06 pm

Mega Ron wrote:I picked my daughter up from.school yesterday at 4.20. she has a football club so pick up is an hour later than usual.

I get there and there's a car with a puncture and the mum trying to change the wheel. She had 4 kids with her and she said she'd been there since 2.45 and not only had no one offered to help her but that she had asked plenty of people who had said no.

Her attempts were valiant but awful. She had used the jack upside down and so couldn't turn it very much and wasn't able to loosen any of the nuts.

Oi, you lot out there. Start being helpful to people for ****'s sake.

Bloody women, they say they want gender equality - well they should start by learning how to change a tyre. It isn't hard.
sendô

Postby Mega Ron on Tue May 22, 2018 1:55 pm

This one had been gunned in too hard at the garage. I had to jump onto the wrench a few times to get the nuts to loosen and I'm 14 stones.
Mega Ron

Postby CMNinja on Tue May 22, 2018 8:57 pm

You ask someone how much something is going to cost - in this case getting an EPC done - and are given a price. We're selling our house and it's obviously not a business venture. The invoice comes out and it's the price, plus the VAT. Just tell us the whole price from the ****ing start. Same with the garage and various other places - I'm not VAT exempt, I'm paying for a service, give me the full cost.
CMNinja

Postby chigwells finest on Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 pm

sitting in A&E last night with my missus , surveying the scene around me , akin to some post nuclear fall out or a scene from the walking dead .
chigwells finest

Postby the celestial insect on Wed May 23, 2018 2:06 pm

chigwells finest wrote:sitting in A&E last night with my missus , surveying the scene around me , akin to some post nuclear fall out or a scene from the walking dead .

Imagine working there :shock:
the celestial insect

Postby Hammer1972 on Wed May 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Trying to find an old thread on here about kids football/coaching and can't for the life of me remember what it was called or come up with the right keywords!!
Hammer1972

Postby Mega Ron on Wed May 23, 2018 2:36 pm

The Barry Bennell thread
Mega Ron

Postby Hammer1972 on Wed May 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Should have predicted that.....!!
Hammer1972

Postby Happyhammer52 on Wed May 23, 2018 2:52 pm

Clacton-ammer wrote:As I have got older my OCD has kicked in, I'm so tidy, everything must have it's place, e-mails must be written the right way, even my shed looks good. I like to think it's a strength, but I think I am only days away from turning the light on and off 22 times before I leave a room...

One of my mates has it incredibly bad, has been to the quacks to try and make it more bearable.

We were going to go and watch the Rifles last December, left his house before he told me he just wanted to make sure he turned the bathroom light off. Fifteen minutes later and he was still in there going round every single switch.

Seems to be a bit better now, but found it incredible how bad it can effect some.
Happyhammer52

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Thu May 24, 2018 7:28 am

Mouth Ulcers.

Spiteful ***** they are.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby swash on Thu May 24, 2018 8:06 am

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Mouth Ulcers.

Spiteful ***** they are.

Put salt on it, jobs a good 'un
swash

Postby 1875Hammer on Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 am

chigwells finest wrote:sitting in A&E last night with my missus , surveying the scene around me , akin to some post nuclear fall out or a scene from the walking dead .

I was in the fractures clinic a couple of months ago and the sights in there made me think of the Darwin Awards. How these people haven't been deselected by evolution is beyond me.
1875Hammer

Postby WestHamByTheSea on Thu May 24, 2018 11:36 pm

Moths. Never encountered a moth that wasn't a twat. It's that time of year that requires opening a window or two, and there we are. And they never knacker your crappy clothes either, only the nice stuff.

Attention-seeking narcissists; 'oh I'm nocturnal but will head for something lit-up'.

My overly vivid and admittedly odd mind-set can easily perceive a bunch of butterflies discussing them and calling them hipsters.
WestHamByTheSea

Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Postby Samba on Fri May 25, 2018 12:59 am

WestHamByTheSea wrote:Moths. Never encountered a moth that wasn't a twat. It's that time of year that requires opening a window or two, and there we are. And they never knacker your crappy clothes either, only the nice stuff.
Attention-seeking narcissists; 'oh I'm nocturnal but will head for something lit-up'.
My overly vivid and admittedly odd mind-set can easily perceive a bunch of butterflies discussing them and calling them hipsters.

Time to get the old electric tennis racket out..
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Monkeybubbles on Fri May 25, 2018 11:48 am

WestHamByTheSea wrote:Moths. Never encountered a moth that wasn't a twat. It's that time of year that requires opening a window or two, and there we are. And they never knacker your crappy clothes either, only the nice stuff.

On a vaguely related note, and I may have posted this before: Slugs.

Slugs totally have me over, to the point at which I'd describe it as a phobia. I can't knowingly go within five yards of one without feeling a bit light headed and panicky. I would honestly rather wrestle a rottweiler than handle a slug. And a bit of warm weather, a bit of rain, and now suddenly our garden is heaving with the little qunts.

If anyone wants me, I'll be up in the loft. In the middle of a circle of salt. With a flamethrower.
Monkeybubbles

Postby sendô on Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 am

^ I've got a bit of an issue with them in my house, they keep coming in under the floorboards/through gaps into the kitchen and hallway.

Finding and blocking up all holes that they get through is difficult.

They only come out at night, the disgusting slimy things.
sendô

Postby S-H on Fri May 25, 2018 12:08 pm

I learned this morning that my Labrador has an irrational fear of the slimy ****ers, the idiot was barking at them, such a brave boy though.

There were hundreds of them down the lane where we were walking!
S-H

Postby warp on Fri May 25, 2018 12:16 pm

Monkeybubbles wrote:On a vaguely related note, and I may have posted this before: Slugs.

not half as bad if you deep-fry them
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Toulouse_Iron on Fri May 25, 2018 6:19 pm

Mega Ron wrote: I had to jump onto the wrench a few times to get the nuts to loosen and I'm 14 stones.

A warm bath usually does the trick
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form

Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on

Postby Burningaham on Fri May 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Jo ****ing brand
Burningaham

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug