Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby mushy on Tue May 15, 2018 12:12 pm

chigwells finest wrote:
agreed , when they have it held below the window line by their thigh , i cant believe more people arent being banned , its an epidemic

White Range Rover (its always white Range Rovers) going at same speed as me on A406 yesterday but drifting across into my lane, got so close it could have caused a collision, gave a toot of indignation, looked across and the driver had head down looking at phone.
And the reason they dont get nicked? There is nobody about to nick them as far as I can tell, you rarely see a road traffic police car on that stretch of road anymore. It wasnt so long ago you used to see them all the time, stopped up on those lay byes. I get the feeling they only come out now as a response to 999 calls.
That stretch of the A406 between Beckton and Ilford is a complete nightmare at weekend evenings, with what appear to be regular races up and down the road, round the Beckton roundabout (dont worry about the lights being red) and then back again.
Its also normal now to be in the fast (overtaking lane), cut right across to the slow lane, undertake as many cars as possible this way, and then cut right across to the first lane again, at speeds I would guess around the 70-80 mph mark.
They have made hay while the sun shines since they switched all the cameras off , that road is a death trap now.
mushy

Postby DasNutNock on Tue May 15, 2018 3:55 pm

5-0 too busy nicking people selling hooky DVDs.
DasNutNock

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Tue May 15, 2018 4:17 pm

The A406 between Edmonton and Beckton is possibly the worst stretch of road for bad driving in the South East of England.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby Hammer1972 on Tue May 15, 2018 4:29 pm

Bought a pair of grey Adidas shorts from Sports Direct at lunchtime. Looked at the receipt this afternoon to check the price and it said "Adidas 3 stripe Chelsea short'

Had a minor panic as I thought I had bought some rent boys kit and thoroughly inspected them for a Chelsea badge. Turns out its just the name of that range of shorts, how bloody daft is that.
Hammer1972

Postby somerset-hammer on Tue May 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Hammer1972 wrote:Bought a pair of grey Adidas shorts from Sports Direct at lunchtime. Looked at the receipt this afternoon to check the price and it said "Adidas 3 stripe Chelsea short'

Had a minor panic as I thought I had bought some rent boys kit and thoroughly inspected them for a Chelsea badge. Turns out its just the name of that range of shorts, how bloody daft is that.

Take them back!
somerset-hammer

Postby Hemel Iron on Tue May 15, 2018 5:34 pm

It really annoys me when someone dies and people say 'xx is no age'

Firstly, sometimes I wonder what this really suggests. I saw it said when Dale Winton died at 62.

Now I guess most of us would consider that too soon to go, but at the same time it's a decent lifespan.

It still irritates me when it is said of someone in their 30's, while still true, it just seems needless to say as usually someone dying young will be in tragic, unexpected circumstances (not that any other death isn't tragic) so it almost seems pointless pointing out age when the real tragedy is the manner of death, be it an accident, terminal illness or whatever else.
Hemel Iron

Postby Harry Hound on Tue May 15, 2018 7:30 pm

sendô wrote:Almost as annoying as people who have their phones out at the dinner table.

Or whilst being ignored at supermarket checkouts :wink:
Harry Hound

Location: "just a came from nowhere and going straight back there!"

Postby Monkeybubbles on Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 am

Hammer1972 wrote:"Adidas 3 stripe Chelsea short'

Very poor quality for what they cost.
Monkeybubbles

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Wed May 16, 2018 8:02 am

Hemel Iron wrote:It really annoys me when someone dies and people say 'xx is no age'

Firstly, sometimes I wonder what this really suggests. I saw it said when Dale Winton died at 62.

Now I guess most of us would consider that too soon to go, but at the same time it's a decent lifespan.

It still irritates me when it is said of someone in their 30's, while still true, it just seems needless to say as usually someone dying young will be in tragic, unexpected circumstances (not that any other death isn't tragic) so it almost seems pointless pointing out age when the real tragedy is the manner of death, be it an accident, terminal illness or whatever else.

I asked the same question a couple of weeks back.

There is no set age to death as far as I'm aware, so to suggest its "no age" is a stupid comment.

Along the same line as ....... " He lost his dad last year"

He didn't, he died. He isn't lost at all.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby Hammer1972 on Wed May 16, 2018 8:29 am

Monkeybubbles wrote:Very poor quality for what they cost.

I bought them from Sports Direct, I obviously wasn't expecting quality!! :D

Paid £20, looked ok for that money. Oh well...

Edit: Whoosh, I think I missed the joke...!
Hammer1972

Postby claretandblue82 on Wed May 16, 2018 9:02 am

Hammer1972 wrote:
I bought them from Sports Direct, I obviously wasn't expecting quality!! :D

Paid £20, looked ok for that money. Oh well...

They won't refund you if you did take them back. You can exchange it though, once they got your money you have to something from their shop of crap!!
claretandblue82

Postby DasNutNock on Wed May 16, 2018 9:07 am

Very odd experience this morning.

Cycled in as usual, then went to the gym changing room for a shower. One other bloke there, he's normally there round the same time as me. I finished up first and went to stick my gear in the airing room they have there, only to realise I'd left my wallet in my bag. Went back into the changing room and discovered an unspecified white cream had been smeared all over my locker combination keypad (roughly the size of a pack of cards). I just looked at him in astonishment and said "Did you do that?". He just mumbled "no" and walked off.

WTF?
DasNutNock

Postby Monkeybubbles on Wed May 16, 2018 9:09 am

DasNutNock wrote:Very odd experience this morning.

Cycled in as usual, then went to the gym changing room for a shower. One other bloke there, he's normally there round the same time as me. I finished up first and went to stick my gear in the airing room they have there, only to realise I'd left my wallet in my bag. Went back into the changing room and discovered an unspecified white cream had been smeared all over my locker combination keypad (roughly the size of a pack of cards). I just looked at him in astonishment and said "Did you do that?". He just mumbled "no" and walked off.

WTF?

Did it taste like spunk?
Monkeybubbles

Postby DasNutNock on Wed May 16, 2018 9:10 am

More like Nivea, if I'm honest.
DasNutNock

Postby Monkeybubbles on Wed May 16, 2018 9:13 am

Still, I'm impressed you can tell the difference.
Monkeybubbles

Postby DasNutNock on Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 am

:thup:
DasNutNock

Postby somerset-hammer on Wed May 16, 2018 9:26 am

DasNutNock wrote:Very odd experience this morning.

WTF?

Locker envy?
somerset-hammer

Postby sendô on Wed May 16, 2018 9:29 am

Probably either

a) so that when the cream dries and you enter your combination, your thumb prints will be left telling him which numbers are in the combo and helping him to break into your locker and steal your sweaty undercrackers, or

b) he's just spaffed on your padlock.

It's probably both.
sendô

Postby -DL- on Thu May 17, 2018 6:41 pm

When people ring you from a **** reception area, and despite telling them you can't make out what they are saying, and them still in the same place, they keep phoning you back.

The amount of emails I keep getting regarding this GDPR thingy.
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby Mega Ron on Thu May 17, 2018 8:53 pm

-DL- wrote:When people ring you from a **** reception area, and despite telling them you can't make out what they are saying, and them still in the same place, they keep phoning you back.

The amount of emails I keep getting regarding this GDPR thingy.

The GDPR emails make me happy.

Every one I get is from a company that soon I won't be hearing from again.
Mega Ron

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug