Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Moxy on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:52 am

WHU Independent wrote:Complete narcissists. I sat down on the train next to a woman, and like some of the people on this forum have experienced she opened her phone and started looking at pictures - of herself. She didn't have 10 or 50 or even 100 - she had literally 1000's. I was watching her scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll through a massive amount of selfies that she had obviously taken of herself.

I doubt if I have even 1 picture of myself on my phone, but her phone was rammed to the gills with pictures of herself. And then she had some pictures of herself with other people and then started to play with software that edited these people out so the pic was only of her.

And looking at her, she was absolutely nothing to look at. Bland, plain, no stranger to a piece of cake, yet 1000's of pics of herself on her phone. Grrrr.

So no dirty ones then I take it?
Moxy

Postby S-H on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:54 am

His post would be in the 'Little things that make you smile' thread, if there were, Moxy.
S-H

Postby FrankieMacsPerm on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Horsefly bites - got 4 around my ankles - bleeding sore and itchy as hell, blistered as well!! Aaargh!
FrankieMacsPerm

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Busting for a **** and starving hungry at the same time. :fsake:
westham,eggyandchips

Postby djclipz on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Sat in a boiling hot walk-in barbers waiting for the bi monthly chop and some melt walks in, looks at the queue and then asks the barbers to book him a place in the queue so he can come back.

Yeah fella that is absolutely fine, you **** off with your missus for an hour and just waltz back in while everyone else has to sit and wait...

Tbf the 2 barbers met the request with a polite no you can't do that.
djclipz

Postby fmgod on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:11 pm

I think that's getting more common, suppose it does make sense if everyone turns up at an allotted time but it just seems ungentlemanly to me
fmgod

Postby sendô on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:29 pm

People would do similar at my local chippy - see the queue, phone up an order, waltz in straight to the front, thanks for the cod and chips twice, steak and ale pie curry sauce 4 saveloys 2 buttered rolls and large chips Doreen, here's my money tarra. No you wait for half hour like the rest of us cock chops.
sendô

Postby ageing hammer on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:06 pm

This young female who comes to the far side of a zebra crossing and throws a shape that she is stepping off the footpath. I am very close to the crossing but stop anyway.

Then she stays there and slowly turns around with her back to the road and doesn't cross just stays there motionless. :x
ageing hammer

Postby Samba on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:57 pm

ageing hammer wrote:This young female who comes to the far side of a zebra crossing and throws a shape that she is stepping off the footpath. I am very close to the crossing but stop anyway.
Then she stays there and slowly turns around with her back to the road and doesn't cross just stays there motionless. :x

Likewise the c***s who have decided that it's quite a good idea to step off before they get to the crossing so that by the time you're driving over the crossing, they are nearly on it & get all arsey about you nearly hitting them.
I'll stop for you if you're on a crossing or waiting at a crossing but I don't see why I should stop if you're jaywalking on your way to the crossing. You're just taking the p**s.
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Czech Hammer on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:15 pm

Tesco Express, with their staff wheeling the restocking cages about in the already narrow aisles mid afternoon.

4 aisles in my local one. Im stood there having a think about what bread to buy, and I have to move out of the way. Go to the next aisle and there is one there too. Every aisle.

Restock before opening?
Czech Hammer

Postby Clacton-ammer on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:26 am

^^ They do Czech, but people buy stuff during the day so needs refilling, the rotten scoundrels... :D
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby S-H on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:36 am

The heat wave is causing them all to panic buy..

I almost ran out of beer the other day.

:shock:
S-H

Postby woodford on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:01 am

persistent flies or wasps.

Not any old fly or wasp , but the ones that pester you when you're holding a beer or food, the ones you try to swat 10 times but the flash little ****s still come back for more
woodford

Postby S-H on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:02 am

woodford wrote:persistent flies or wasps.

Not any old fly or wasp , but the ones that pester you when you're holding a beer or food, the ones you try to swat 10 times but the flash little ****s still come back for more

Infuriating, little *****
S-H

Postby ageing hammer on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:10 am

A wasp flew into my beer at the weekend, the fecker drowned and I couldn't get it out so I took the half full glass back into the pub and told the barman what happened. He filled me another fresh pint and then charged me for it. I have been drinking in there 17 flipping years ffs.
ageing hammer

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:18 am

The company whining over my refusal to take anything lower than a business class flight back from Texas. I'm prepared to fly Premium on the outbound (daytime) leg, but I'm f*cked if I'm going to accept trying to sleep sitting up on the overnight return.

Facts are a) I don't want to go anyway, and consider business travel to be a fundamental pain in the scrotum and b) the travel policy says we can go Business for flights over 8 hours. They're just being cheap, and I can't be f*cking doing with it.
DasNutNock

Postby EvilC on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:28 am

DasNutNock wrote:The company whining over my refusal to take anything lower than a business class flight back from Texas. I'm prepared to fly Premium on the outbound (daytime) leg, but I'm f*cked if I'm going to accept trying to sleep sitting up on the overnight return.

Facts are a) I don't want to go anyway, and consider business travel to be a fundamental pain in the scrotum and b) the travel policy says we can go Business for flights over 8 hours. They're just being cheap, and I can't be f*cking doing with it.

The tight-fisted *****. IIRC Houston is about 9 hours away. It is unreasonable to ask you to do that.

FWIW I think my company lets you go business on anything over five hours. You also have the choice to go PE or economy on those longer flights and they will give you 50% of the difference between the cost of business class and PE/economy, whichever you choose.
EvilC

Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...

Postby ageing hammer on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:54 am

DasNutNock wrote:The company whining over my refusal to take anything lower than a business class flight back from Texas. I'm prepared to fly Premium on the outbound (daytime) leg, but I'm f*cked if I'm going to accept trying to sleep sitting up on the overnight return.

It's fair to say Dan you won't take it lying down...or will you :lol:
ageing hammer

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:08 pm

EvilC wrote:You also have the choice to go PE or economy on those longer flights and they will give you 50% of the difference between the cost of business class and PE/economy, whichever you choose.

I think they're meant to offer similar terms here, but for the £500 or so I'd be collecting (which I suspect is subject to income tax), I think I'd rather have a proper kip.
DasNutNock

Postby chigwells finest on Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:14 pm

we bought one of those tennis racket zappers on ebay for 4/5 quid , does a proper job too ,

Caterpillars have eaten half my plants in the garden as well , proper ruined a couple of topiary bushes
chigwells finest

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug