Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby the celestial insect on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:03 pm

sendô wrote:Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt arguing in public about who owes what in maintenance for their children.

Honestly, it makes my mind boggle.

Yep, it got me as well.
the celestial insect

Postby delbert on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:47 am

GWR and their ridiculous ticketing system and refund policy. I booked tickets but put down the wrong date, I realised my mistake straight away and managed to contact them via web chat a few minutes later. I was then informed that it would be impossible to amend the tickets and that I would have to apply for a refund and order new tickets.
So I ordered new tickets and was warned that any refund may take up to 28 days to come through, suppose I needed that money to buy the new tickets? What shoddy customer service, so they get to keep peoples money for a weeks but how much do they lose in custom?
delbert

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Trying to get music onto an old iphone to plug into the car stereo for a long drive to the south of France. I'd forgotten what a filthy, crap-ridden piece of arse iTunes is.
DasNutNock

Postby Hammers Dad on Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Motorways.
Not necessarily the roads themselves but some of the drivers. Tootling down the M5 in the inside lane, passing people in the middle lane despite me only doing 60-65mph.
Pissed down on the M25 and people doing 80 or more in the outside lane (when it was moving)...I was doing about 50 cos of the conditions.
Hammers Dad

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:18 pm

I didn't get the memo that the outside lane is now the slow, cruising lane. When'd that happen?
DasNutNock

Postby Hammers Dad on Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:21 pm

DasNutNock wrote:I didn't get the memo that the outside lane is now the slow, cruising lane. When'd that happen?

Well, it was shedding it down..
I thought they had brought in new laws re middle lane hoggers, didn't stop the ****ers though
Hammers Dad

Postby jastons on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:52 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Trying to get music onto an old iphone to plug into the car stereo for a long drive to the south of France. I'd forgotten what a filthy, crap-ridden piece of arse iTunes is.

Do you have Spotify premium? Download songs / albums to the phone via WiFi, set Spotify to 'offline' and then you can listen to your music without needing a network connection and definitely no ITunes.
jastons

Postby WHU_Del on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:14 pm

My stepdaughter bought me the big Lego campervan set for my birthday.
Brilliant!
Except it's not Lego, it's a Chinese knock-off, with no box and parts missing.
I'm hoping that it'll be compatible and I can buy Lego bits to complete it, but it is VERY irritating.
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby somerset-hammer on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:27 pm

WHU_Del wrote:My stepdaughter bought me the big Lego campervan set for my birthday.
Brilliant!
I'm hoping that it'll be compatible and I can buy Lego bits to complete it, but it is VERY irritating.

Bin it and buy a Lego one.
somerset-hammer

Postby WHU_Del on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:19 pm

WHU_Del wrote:My stepdaughter bought me the big Lego campervan set for my birthday.
Brilliant!

somerset-hammer wrote:Bin it and buy a Lego one.

Have you seen how much they cost?!
I'm about halfway through, and I reckon there's two dozen pieces missing so far. But expert opinion is that compatibility is very good, so I'll just get proper bits.
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Every Lego brick ever made will fit every other Lego brick ever made. I doubt the same can be said of the Chinese knockoff.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby ageing hammer on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:59 pm

Fruit flies.......... the bastards :thdn:
ageing hammer

Postby WHU_Del on Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Every Lego brick ever made will fit every other Lego brick ever made. I doubt the same can be said of the Chinese knockoff.

Took some of the bricks to the Lego store in Bluewater, and tested some genuine bricks with them. All fitted properly, so have now ordered the missing bits on the Lego website.
WHU_Del

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:39 pm

I'm pleasantly surprised! I assumed one of the reasons Lego was so expensive was the accuracy and consistency of its tooling, looks like the Chinese are getting there too.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby WHU_Del on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised!

So was I :D
WHU_Del

Postby Puff Daddy on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:49 pm

Old folk who **** about at cash machines and at pay kiosks and seem to take ages to complete the simplest of transactions and then take an interminable amount of time putting their purses or wallets away while I'm standing behind them? Does my ****ing head in and I'm old myself
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:Old folk who **** about at cash machines and at pay kiosks and seem to take ages to complete the simplest of transactions and then take an interminable amount of time putting their purses or wallets away while I'm standing behind them? Does my ****ing head in and I'm old myself

You mean the “woman returning to her car after paying for petrol” syndrome? Bizarre, isn’t it. I’m off the forecourt before my door’s closed. What are they doing for that 5 minutes between getting in and actually driving away?
DasNutNock

Postby Samba on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 pm

DasNutNock wrote:You mean the “woman returning to her car after paying for petrol” syndrome? Bizarre, isn’t it. I’m off the forecourt before my door’s closed. What are they doing for that 5 minutes between getting in and actually driving away?

And the people (not even old) who take as long to check/do, one tyre pressure as it takes me to do four.
And, while we're at supermarkets, the person in front who has just been served but is still standing there while your goods have started going down to the packing area but you can't pack them BECAUSE THAT C**T IS STILL STANDING THERE...
Move away first if you must f*** about for five minutes, after getting your receipt..
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Puff Daddy on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 pm

Samba wrote:And the people (not even old) who take as long to check/do, one tyre pressure as it takes me to do four.
And, while we're at supermarkets, the person in front who has just been served but is still standing there while your goods have started going down to the packing area but you can't pack them BECAUSE THAT C**T IS STILL STANDING THERE...
Move away first if you must f*** about for five minutes, after getting your receipt..

I know precisely what 'Dasnutnock' means, that too irritates the **** out of me and yeah, I understand exactly what you mean. *****, all of them and I bet, like me, under your breath you say to yourself, Come on for ****'s sake, you've got your ****ing goods, now **** off
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby Tenbury on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:45 pm

Well I'm quite old, and it does take me a long time at the checkout with all the new fangled computers and stuff. None of us like holding up young 'uns, I know you all lead busy and stressful lives.
So I'd like to apologise on behalf of all us elderly people.

But I can't , because you're all c@nts.
Tenbury

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug