Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby FreeWheeling on Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:28 pm

whilst i am in the rants section

Those ****ing dirty b*stard Russian cyber *****,,, causing me more work
FreeWheeling

Postby view from the shires on Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:58 pm

JerseyHammer wrote:While we're on the subject of driving, hopping over the border, Italians driving:

Roundabouts - no idea. I read that until the mid 90's, whoever was entering the roundabout had priority, most people still seem to think this is the case

Are you sure you don't mean Wiltshire? The concept of roundabouts is beyond most of the people driving here. Most approach them covering 2 lanes just to make sure part of the car is in the right one, and white lines appear to have been put there for no apparent reason.
view from the shires

Postby Samba on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:10 pm

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Sully's rotting ballbag. Rat infested, smelly and being attacked by thousands of flies. :thdn:
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:18 pm

Tenbury wrote:Fully concur with the Frenc h motorways, but next time stick to the RNs, they're free, quiet, and great on a bike.

Actually did a few RNs but there were times when it was just quicker to do the motorways. French motorways have to be the most boring thing on earth. Just farmland and nothing else really and I could feel myself dropping off at times it was so boring.

We did a few WWI graveyards which made the whole thing worthwhile but I'll be hard pushed to ever ride on a French motorway again.

On the other hand, Northern Spain was amazing. Breathtaking scenery, fantastic weather and the people were spot on. The roads around the Pyrenees are scary as **** though with hairpin bends having no barriers and 3-400 foot drops either side - not for the faint hearted believe me.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby djclipz on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Staying in an air bnb for the last few days. There is no colander and only double handle pans. So, was draining some pasta, very awkwardly, and dropped the lot in the sink :lol: ffs
djclipz

Postby Collison Theory on Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Corporate speak when dealing with controversy. With the Ronaldo rape accusation,

"EA Sports told the AP: "We have seen the concerning report that details allegations against Cristiano Ronaldo.
"We are closely monitoring the situation, as we expect cover athletes and ambassadors to conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with EA's values.".

What values are those? Not raping people? That's ****ing idiotic, those aren't "EA's values" those are every normal person's values. How does it help a company to talk in such a bizarre way, and not just how normal people speak?
Collison Theory

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:19 am

A pair of the office Marketing snowflakes in the kitchen, microwaving their "paleo" breakfasts (eggs and fish, of course), screeching with laughter about how white their trainers are, and calling each other "bro".

They're both women, although I suppose they may identify as men or something.
DasNutNock

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:23 am

Also, one had a furry hot water bottle tucked under her arm and was whining about the temperature, whilst wearing what appeared to be a vest and a thin cotton scarf.
DasNutNock

Postby HalfTimePie on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:25 am

DasNutNock wrote:Also, one had a furry hot water bottle tucked under her arm and was whining about the temperature, whilst wearing what appeared to be a vest and a thin cotton scarf.

One of team members does that here too, and always has to tell everyone she is using a hot water bottle at any opportunity.
HalfTimePie

Postby ageing hammer on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:51 am

DasNutNock wrote:Also, one had a furry hot water bottle tucked under her arm and was whining about the temperature, whilst wearing what appeared to be a vest and a thin cotton scarf.

There is this bird who works in my place ( mid thirties fit as ...) who also wears paper thin vests, she has the biggest nipples I have ever seen when it gets cold in here, needless to say I am forever opening windows and turning radiators off at every opportunity. :twisted:
ageing hammer

Postby somerset-hammer on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:56 am

ageing... you know the rules!
somerset-hammer

Postby Whitters on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:56 am

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:3. French drivers. They're dangerous. They think tailgating, pulling out without warning and generally driving aggressively is perfectly acceptable.

Yes they're pretty rotten - had one gesticulating wildly at me this morning on the autoroute as I pulled into the 'slow lane' as he was attempting to undertake me (he was still about 50 yards behind me when I moved over but approaching at about twice the speed limit). The Belgians are worse though for tailgating.....I'm overtaking at 130km/h and they're still about a yard behind me in their 7-series BMWs with their indicator on showing that they want me to get out of the way.

Indicators are definitely an optional extra here in Switzerland though, particularly where roundabout ettiquette is involved. After 8 years here it still winds me up, despite an effort by the police to educate drivers on their usage a couple of years ago - in fact a senior Swiss policeman I know told me that he rarely bothers himself.
Whitters

Postby BARKING IRON on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:31 am

Fifa 19 and having grown men talking about packs whatever they are, had a quick game the other day and the game play is so **** give me pro 5 any day of the week
BARKING IRON

Postby uptonparkhurst on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:51 am

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:On the other hand, Northern Spain was amazing. Breathtaking scenery, fantastic weather and the people were spot on. The roads around the Pyrenees are scary as **** though with hairpin bends having no barriers and 3-400 foot drops either side - not for the faint hearted believe me.

I was in a Ford Capri (shows you how long ago this happened) with 3 mates driving through Andorra
en route to Spain. At one point we were stuck in a convoy behind a coach - similar scenario to what you describe - when a battered Citroen C2v (I think it was) came chugging by and went past the coach on a blind bend on the wrong side of the road!

Later we went on a campsite in Spain that was on a hill. We had to drive almost to the top to find a spot
to pitch our tent. Shortly after we arrived a fully-laden Citroen crawled past us and stopped. Then the back axle collapsed! I like to think it was the same car. :)
uptonparkhurst

Location: On the ground floor, thinking that the "next level" could be the basement

Postby delbert on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:03 am

I bought some timber posts a couple of months ago for a project in the garden that I never had the time to start, I looked at them earlier and found they'd all warped. I'm now looking on google for ways to unwarp them........
delbert

Postby Tenbury on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:40 pm

If they're not treated, drop them in the bath/a stream ,for a few days then set them up in a frame.
Tenbury

Postby delbert on Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:42 pm

:thup:

I was going to do soak them then coach bolt the poxy things to something straight whilst they dry out. If that works I'll treat them and get them fixed into place ASAP before they trans again.........
delbert

Postby Algarve Hammer on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:19 pm

delbert wrote:I bought some timber posts a couple of months ago for a project in the garden that I never had the time to start, I looked at them earlier and found they'd all warped. I'm now looking on google for ways to unwarp them........

Maybe ask warp? :wink:
Algarve Hammer

Postby pablo jaye on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:53 pm

delbert wrote:I bought some timber posts a couple of months ago for a project in the garden that I never had the time to start, I looked at them earlier and found they'd all warped. I'm now looking on google for ways to unwarp them........

Algarve Hammer wrote:Maybe ask warp? :wink:

....or Warp’s mum!!
pablo jaye

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:49 am

Use them as fire wood. Best use for them now. :wink:
westham,eggyandchips

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug