Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Monkeybubbles on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:00 pm

delbert wrote:I bought some timber posts a couple of months ago for a project in the garden that I never had the time to start, I looked at them earlier and found they'd all warped. I'm now looking on google for ways to unwarp them........

Keep them, and use them as an excuse for not doing whatever the project in the garden was.
Monkeybubbles

Postby FreeWheeling on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:17 pm

That is the correct answer, **** the job off until next year at least
FreeWheeling

Postby delbert on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:53 pm

Well come to think of it, the nights are drawing in........ :thup:
delbert

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Garage collected my wife’s car this morning, following her crashing it a few weeks back. She took mine to collect our daughter from nursery and returned with the nearside rear light smashed and the bumper scratched.
DasNutNock

Postby Tenbury on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:00 pm

I practice 'bangernomics' primarily through lack of cash, but it does have the added bonus of it not really mattering what the kids' mother does to the car.Suffice to say that after 4 years I'm changing my 350 quid motor,not because it's done over 250K miles, but because the wings are so dented you can barely make the replacement lights fit...
Tenbury

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:07 pm

Well yes, I see little point in trying to own nice cars when:

1) we have 2 kids
2) we don't have a driveway and have to park on an extremely busy (albeit generally quiet) road
3) we live in Surrey where everyone is a c*nt

Dinks, scrapes and bangs i'm not so bothered about, but things like light clusters are a bit of a "must fix asap" thing.
DasNutNock

Postby Tenbury on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:59 pm

The final straw was when she snapped off the drivers sunsheild.I'd have to take the roof lining off to replace it, simply not worth it( as it's a bugger). Might look for another elderly passat with SH. I hate people who can't look after motors.
Tenbury

Postby southbrishammer on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:24 pm

Checking into a Travelodge and hearing over the PA one of those awful female acoustic cover versions so beloved of ad agencies. This one? The American by Simple Minds.
southbrishammer

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:15 pm

southbrishammer wrote:Checking into a Travelodge and hearing over the PA one of those awful female acoustic cover versions so beloved of ad agencies. This one? The American by Simple Minds.

Sure it wasn’t The Heat Is On by Kenny Loggins?

DasNutNock

Postby sendô on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:54 pm

Tenbury wrote:I hate people who can't look after motors.

I hear you tenners, it's a pet hate of mine.

I don't consider myself the tidiest of people generally, around the house etc, but one thing I will always have is a tidy car. It irks me whenever I get into our car having not driven it for a while and find it strewn with parking receipts or empty bottles or worse still, sweet wrappers. I normally have to stop and tidy the whole car before I will go anywhere.
sendô

Postby The Collector on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:37 pm

southbrishammer wrote:Checking into a Travelodge.

There. I fixed that for you.
The Collector

Postby vietnammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:34 am

Having to complete security checks for a mickey mouse agency (I already have DBS) who first cocked up by wanting details from countries I'd never been to (Mexico, Thailand) and, having corrected this now want to go back 12+ years to the last time I was in China. Also, though Saudi was very recent I'd be surprised if they got any reply at all from the police there. All this has delayed starting a job at Sheff Uni, where I have worked before. I mean I've had to do ACROW before to go abroad but at least they knew what they're doing.

Thinking of writing on a grubby piece of paper I have not dealt drugs to minors for 5 years signed X and see what they make of that. They'd probably approve it.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby Monkeybubbles on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:30 am

vietnammer wrote: I have not dealt drugs to minors for 5 years

You'll get nowhere with an attitude like that. Not in Sheffield.
Monkeybubbles

Postby BARKING IRON on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 am

Family members or friends who expect you to drop everything because there boiler has packed up. Its really ****ing irritating, me on the other hand wouldn’t want to mix friends and business in case it goes sour plus I like to pay the going rate and don’t expect it done on the cheap because let’s face it that’s the only reason they’re asking me in the first place.
BARKING IRON

Postby BARKING IRON on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:42 am

By the way Delbert, not a dig at you your the complete opposite where you’d rather do it all yourself and not take my advice
BARKING IRON

Postby sendô on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:12 am

The metro this morning, describing Kate Middleton as "thrifty" because she's worn a £1350 dress TWICE.

That's not my definition of thrifty.
sendô

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:34 am

DasNutNock wrote:3) we live in Surrey where everyone is a c*nt

Yep - it still astounds me that my sister has lived in Addlestone for as long as she has. My nephew (24) absolutely hates the place as (rightly so) he says it's boring and the people are complete twats. I can also relate to the snobbishness you mention as I've often got the funny looks and snidey comments in a couple of pubs I've had the misfortune to drink in.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby sendô on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:35 am

Yeah but to be fair GCRO you'd probably soiled yourself or wasn't wearing any trousers at the time.
sendô

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:21 am

sendô wrote:Yeah but to be fair GCRO you'd probably soiled yourself or wasn't wearing any trousers at the time.

I've only ever worn flowery dresses or sparkly hot pants when I've been to Surrey. Protocol and all that, dear boy ... 8-)
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby vietnammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:10 pm

This mickey mouse security company are taking the serious piss now. I've had to repeat all the information I've given them before, but with the addition that I supply a document with my name in Chinese characters from when I was last there in 2006. They never asked for this when I worked in exactly the same job I'm applying for now just two years ago. I've just given up using all my phone data waiting on hold to their message which sounds like it's underwater. If this is some zealot in Sheff Uni's HR dept I'm going to tell them what an incompetent bunch of ***** they are and go and work online or something. This has been going on since 4th September. ****ing had enough I have.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug