Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby ageing hammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:07 pm

Ok here goes, I know I will get called a few things after this but ,.....

This international baby wearing week mullarkey. A short while ago the New Zealand PM brought her nipper into some parliament meeting, then I saw some English person doing something similar recently
( sorry I can't recall who she was ) and now today I read an american weather presenter does her forecast on TV this week with her baby strapped onto her.

Link here: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/pr ... vi-BBObymO

(and by the way her "baby" looks about 3 )

FFS when is all this tripe going to stop.

This thing about it " being normal , it's ok " to bring the baby with them is doing my head in.

If a female cop is about to tackle a hatchet wielding terrorist she will hardly have junior strapped onto her because it's bloody " ok."

A fire fighter is not going to bring her new born up a ladder of a blazing building.

Babies don't belong at work, the parents do.

Why do they have to insist on doing these silly things and try to make it sound like anyone objecting is a dinosaur.

If they are going to work leave the baby at home with dad or get a bloody babysitter.

I also get mad with these earth mothers who take out the boob in the busiest places to feed the baby because "it's only nature"

As Jim Royal said once "so's taking a shyte but you don't do that in the lounge"

The best one I saw was this woman who was getting some teeth done, and brought the baby with her lying on her chest breast feeding it while the dentist tried to do her fillings. Why didn't he tell her " look do you want to feed the baby or get your fillings done, I will stop now and rearrange your appointment for when you are free" that's what I would have done.

They are being allowed to go too far with all this stuff (imo ).

Tin hat at the ready :D

Rant over. :)
Last edited by ageing hammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ageing hammer

Postby sendô on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:19 pm

ageing hammer wrote:I also get mad with these earth mothers who take out the boob in the busiest places to feed the baby because "it's only nature"

Why? If the baby needs feeding and is breast fed then the tit needs to come out wherever they are.

Some women do seem to like to flop the whole tit out and dare people to stare though.
sendô

Postby somerset-hammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Don't see an issue with it, myself.

somerset-hammer

Postby vietnammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Ditto to what Sendo said about breast-feeding in general. Have sat in a meeting (many years ago) where a woman was breastfeeding throughout. Maybe she couldn't get day-care that day or she just thought the baby needed it, but thank goodness we had the maturity to just ignore it as 'their business' and carry on (though I was inwardly a bit surprised). Was on a flight last weekend where a woman did the same in the next seat and didn't feel any objection.

On the weather broadcast though...dunno if carrying the baby was necessary, but you don't know the situation but it might be very nascent and just 'need mummy'.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby ageing hammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Double post :oops:
Last edited by ageing hammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ageing hammer

Postby ageing hammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:59 pm

vietnammer wrote: Have sat in a meeting (many years ago) where a woman was breastfeeding throughout. Maybe she couldn't get day-care that day or she just thought the baby needed it, but thank goodness we had the maturity to just ignore it as 'their business' and carry on (though I was inwardly a bit surprised).

Not digging you out obviously but that woman knew going into the meeting that if she brought her baby into it that she would have to feed it during the meeting. Why couldn't she skip the meeting. If I was at a meeting and this happened it would be very hard for everyone to concentrate with a baby slurping and burping and possible crying too. Surely there is a time and a place. I thought that's what they invented breast pumps for.
ageing hammer

Postby Hammers Dad on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:07 pm

ageing hammer wrote:I also get mad with these earth mothers who take out the boob in the busiest places to feed the baby because "it's only nature"
sendô wrote:Why? If the baby needs feeding and is breast fed then the tit needs to come out wherever they are.

Some women do seem to like to flop the whole tit out and dare people to stare though.

Seen a few breastfeeding, mainly on the train, and never seen a full on baps out display.
Hammers Dad

Postby vietnammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:36 pm

Ageing....That was my point when I said we had the maturity to get on with things. Kids are a fact of life and we shouldn't freak out about breast feeding. Screaming and crying on planes REALLY gets to me though, but as I said you just have to accept these things.

I still suck tits though :wink:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby sendô on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:59 pm

I never thought ageing would be one to object to seeing a tit flopped out in public.
sendô

Postby WHU Independent on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:44 pm

This posts reminds me of a mate, who's wife used to breastfeed anywhere, any time and any place, who said to me: "I think you have seen my wife's tits more times than I have lately." :D
WHU Independent

Postby ageing hammer on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:17 pm

sendô wrote:I never thought ageing would be one to object to seeing a tit flopped out in public.

:thup: :D
ageing hammer

Postby Robbie on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:32 pm

I LOVE TITS
Robbie

Postby Moxy on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:17 am

Depends if the mums a sort imo, if she’s an old boiler then I completely agree with ageing if she looks like Michelle Keegan then I think that his views are wrong and out of date.
Moxy

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:53 am

sendô wrote:I never thought ageing would be one to object to seeing a tit flopped out in public.

I think he doth protest too much.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby Eggs'n'nuts on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:19 am

Trouble with breastfeeding I find, is the baby gets in the way all the time!

(don't worry, I've got my coat).
Eggs'n'nuts

Postby delbert on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:21 pm

BARKING IRON wrote:By the way Delbert, not a dig at you your the complete opposite where you’d rather do it all yourself and not take my advice

What can I say mate, I'm too tight to take your advice. Image

On the subject of being tight, my bent wood is getting the full treatment. I teased and caressed it into some semblance of straightness then banged some 10mm studding through the slags, fuckin have that............... 8-)
delbert

Postby sendô on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:41 pm

BBC News and it's "OMG ROYUL WEDDIN" coverage as Princess No-Mark Ginger Dog Jr marries Posh No-Mark Bloke.

No idea how that is the top headline when they also had this gem to run with:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45837991
sendô

Postby Monkeybubbles on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:05 pm

delbert wrote: On the subject of being tight, my bent wood is getting the full treatment. I teased and caressed it into some semblance of straightness......

Don't.
Monkeybubbles

Postby southbrishammer on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Whatever happened to Ginger John?
southbrishammer

Postby woodford on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:25 pm

The new craze of having to give everything a ******* name.

Mansplaining
Manspreading
Fat Shaming
Ferocious Friday ( that's apparently today )
Series Cheating
Body shaming
and many many more

And my personal favourite from the news yesterday "Victim Shaming". This is apparently a thing now. The police advised young women not to wear headphones late at night whilst walking on their own in a high crime area. Sounds sensible you'd think. Sounds like they've based that advice on whats happen to numerous women. But NO this is apparently scandalous. It is apparently an attempt to blame women for shootings rape and crime.

So NO to VICTIM SHAMING!!, but YES to increasing your chances of rape or getting mugged or knifed.

So its boooooo to victim shaming but yaaaaay to being a victim.

And while i think of it , slightly off topic but is it me or can anyone else varify that every time theres a wind related weather event in the USA, its apparently going to be the "worst ever"
woodford

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug