Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Monkeybubbles on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:39 pm

I broke a molar a while ago and the dentist elected to extract it today "as a precaution".

What was supposed to be a routine ten minute job turned into a two hour marathon which involved grinding down the bone of my gum to retrieve shattered pieces of tooth, and indescribable pain as the dentist 'discovered' an abscess that didn't respond to anaesthetic.

I'm currently off my fanny on a hippo's dose of opioid analgesics, but when they wear of I feel I might indeed be a little irritated.
Monkeybubbles

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:54 pm

My silly old goat of a dad believing he is protecting us, somehow, by refusing to discuss a (probably serious) health matter with my sister and I. He knows we know something's up, but he appears to think it's a matter of pride that he keeps the details to himself, and that by not telling us, he's sparing us the concern. We don't even know if it's him or mum that's unwell, but since they're both in their mid-70s, it's hardly as if it comes as a massive surprise.

Bloody idiot. And now I can't stop worrying because of what I DON'T know, precisely the opposite of what he's trying to achieve by being stoic.
DasNutNock

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Suppose that’s not really a “little thing”, is it.
DasNutNock

Postby Samba on Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:45 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Suppose that’s not really a “little thing”, is it.

Not at all.
Perhaps part of him (by not talking about it), can also pretend it's not really happening.
No help to you & your sister though.
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:47 pm

^^^ sorry to hear that Dan. We're all guilty at times of burrying out heads in the sand. Maybe this is his way of coping? Like Samba says, doesn't help you and your sis.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:08 pm

I get the impression they're waiting to get all the information before they tell me, but TBH, it just underscores how emotionally backwards my dad is. Fair enough, an 8 year old doesn't need to know every detail of their parent's health matters, but I'm 43, my dad's 73, and I'm aware that people don't live forever.
DasNutNock

Postby Dover KUMB fan on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:23 pm

DNL, sorry to hear that mate, but he really needs to disclose all. Without being a harpinger of doom, it could be something you & your siblings should look out for in yourselves that is hereditary. I hope it isn't, & it all works out for you.
Dover KUMB fan

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Dover KUMB fan wrote:DNL, sorry to hear that mate, but he really needs to disclose all. Without being a harpinger of doom, it could be something you & your siblings should look out for in yourselves that is hereditary. I hope it isn't, & it all works out for you.

Yup. He's being a tit, and I'm not very impressed.
DasNutNock

Postby Samba on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Christmas songs (not hymns).
I heard The Pogues, 'Fairytale..' yesterday, for the first time, this year. Twice & once today.
Of course, it's a decent song & it's with the much missed Kirsty but, how many times do we have to hear it every year? When it's not that, it's Jonah bleedin' Lewie or any of the other tedious songs which only get played, this time of year.
If you only ever write one song, make it an Xmas one. You'll be getting royalties for life, even if it's s**t.
Poor shop workers must be on the verge of going postal by Christmas day..
Samba

Postby Burningaham on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:04 pm

I know a bloke in a pearl jam tribute band and they do a great version of fairytale
Burningaham

Postby Samba on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Samba wrote:Wait 'til we've got f**king flying drones delivering stuff. F**k knows where stuff will end up going then.
Items marked 'left on roof'.

Just heard, Google will be testing these in Finland, next year.
So, pretty soon after you click, buy, your purchase will be literally, winging it's way to you, maybe within minutes.
Get your hard-hats ready..can't see that ever going wrong..
Samba

Postby S-H on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Just unknowingly stuffed a rose flavoured chocolate in my gob.. vile!!
S-H

Postby Samba on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:04 am

Fancying a cheeky choc or ten from the xmas roses/heroes/quality st/celebrations tub, without anyone else in the house knowing, but taking the tight-fitting lid off is SO noisy, that everyone knows exactly what you're doing...
Samba

Postby claretandblue82 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:12 am

The fuss been made over O2 having network problems. You would of thought the world was ending. I would love to send all these people back to the 80s and 90s and see how they cope.
claretandblue82

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:44 am

claretandblue82 wrote:The fuss been made over O2 having network problems. You would of thought the world was ending. I would love to send all these people back to the 80s and 90s and see how they cope.

We use O2 at work, and it's kind of entirely vital that I have mobile data at all times, otherwise I can't do my c*nting job. If it's not fixed before the weekend, I'll be unable to leave the house, because I'm On Call, and won't be able to work remotely.

However, yes, for c*nts who can't get to their instagram pages, yes they can eat one.
DasNutNock

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 am

Apparently, TFL relies on O2 data network for bus stop data. That's a bit of a rubbish design dependency. One without a BCP, by the look of it. Still, the cuntsultant who designed it won't mind, because he'll already have been paid his millions.
DasNutNock

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:26 am

DasNutNock wrote: Still, the cuntsultant who designed it won't mind, because he'll already have been paid his millions.

.......... I'm not bitter... :lol:
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:46 am

Not in the slightest, but it doesn't mean I'm not aware how major IT projects are sh*tted up from start to finish.
DasNutNock

Postby Shy Ted on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:03 pm

claretandblue82 wrote: I would love to send all these people back to the 80s and 90s and see how they cope.

Have you got change for the phone box?

Well maybe more a 60's 70's thing.
Shy Ted

Postby Clacton-ammer on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:45 pm

The O2 thing isn't about coping back in time as our ****ing jobs then were not so tied into having a mobile ****ing ****y device...

Yes, I am one of those being affected, 02 = bunch of *****, well for today, I usually get on alright with them...

O2 can suck my balls today....
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug