Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby djclipz on Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:17 pm

I see the CEO of O2 has dropped Ericsson as the 3rd party to blame.
djclipz

Postby jastons on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:06 pm

claretandblue82 wrote:The fuss been made over O2 having network problems. You would of thought the world was ending. I would love to send all these people back to the 80s and 90s and see how they cope.

I pay a small fortune each month to be able to use a service , surely the least I can expect is to actually use that service?
jastons

Postby mixture on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:56 pm

People demanding compensation for a network outage.

One post on the O2 twitter was complaining about being unable to complete a 7 day run on Pokemon (whatever that means). Wanted 3 months free data as compensation.

What is the world coming to.

Im sure O2 will compensate those who have had their living affected by this but Jesus Christ, get a grip.
mixture

Postby mixture on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:08 pm

jastons wrote:I pay a small fortune each month to be able to use a service , surely the least I can expect is to actually use that service?

**** happens, networks go down. Its provided as a service but I'm sure they didn't do it on purpose and believe me, when they say they are trying to fix it then they will be.

How much of a small fortune do you actually pay? Divide it by 30, then by 24. That's roughly how much you pay for that service by the hour. Now just multiply that by the amount of hours you've been without that service and there's the figure you should be asking for.

For example...

I pay O2 £11 a month on a sim only deal. 11/30 = .36p per day. .36/24 = 0.015p per hour. if it goes down for 15 hours then that 15 x .015 = about 22 and a half pence.

Dont think I'll bother.

Seriously, we are turning into Americans.
mixture

Postby Samba on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:32 pm

mixture wrote:Im sure O2 will compensate those who have had their living affected by this but Jesus Christ, get a grip.

You do realise that legions of people haven't been able to take multiple selfies today, tweet earth-shattering messages AND they've actually had to talk to other people. The poor ba*stards.
I think we should all have a minutes silence for all of their pain today.
Samba

Location: Wondering when Karren Brady's going to fuck something else up.

Postby -DL- on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:31 pm

jastons wrote:
I pay a small fortune each month to be able to use a service , surely the least I can expect is to actually use that service?

You probably pay **** all to use the service as Mixture has demonstrated below.

You're paying a small fortune for your handset most probably, which is perfectly usable, just with a slightly reduced functionality when you're out the house...
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby mixture on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:54 pm

Going back a few years we used to get the odd power cut, not that often but a few times a year. We used to light a few candles, laugh a lot and maybe get a board game out until the lights came back on. Either that or just go to bed early and sleep until the sun came up.

Basically, treated electricity as a luxury of modern life and dealt with it when it wasn't available.
mixture

Postby Samba on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:52 pm

Technology is wonderful when it works but talk about a pain in the ar*se, when it doesn't..
Samba

Postby Joyeux Marteau on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:55 am

Just minding my own business playing Pokemon Go at the end of my road and some chavs shouted at me from their car as they drove past, it scared the crap out of me. Why can't people leave me alone?
Joyeux Marteau

Postby Samba on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:33 am

Joyeux Marteau wrote:Just minding my own business playing Pokemon Go at the end of my road and some chavs shouted at me from their car as they drove past, it scared the crap out of me. Why can't people leave me alone?

Because they are stupid c**ts, JM.
A regular occurence in Essex, btw.
Samba

Postby Samba on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:54 am

Well, this was irritating.
I bought some xmas sweets from Morrisons.
Liquorice pieces coated in white chocolate. Two for £4. If you like liquorice & white chocolate, what's not to like..
Started eating them tonight. At first, what an amazing taste. I thought, I must go on kumb & extoll their virtue.
I carried on eating them & a few minutes later, a strange taste started coming through & the only thing that came to mind was, 'Joy Joys Mit Iodine'.
They can't have Iodine in them, can they?, as I looked at the ingredients.
No, they haven't, but they've got bleedin' Ammonium Chloride in them, so it's probably an Ammonia taste that I'm getting. Unless Iodine has got in somewhere else, like the molasses...
I can't believe how something can go from tasting lovely to vile, in a matter of minutes.
They'll be going straight back.
Samba

Postby S-H on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:23 am

Some **** beeping his horn at 3am!
S-H

Postby claretandblue82 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:03 am

Samba wrote:Well, this was irritating.
I bought some xmas sweets from Morrisons.
Liquorice pieces coated in white chocolate. Two for £4. If you like liquorice & white chocolate, what's not to like..

They sound rank and would of stayed on the shelf!
claretandblue82

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:15 am

We have New next door neighbours. They have a dog. They leave the dog at home all day. It barks. All day.
DasNutNock

Postby Clacton-ammer on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:21 am

DasNutNock wrote:We have New next door neighbours. They have a dog. They leave the dog at home all day. It barks. All day.

I had that in one of the first houses I ever purchased (semi detached), honestly Daniel son, I know they are new neighbours and you want to get on etc, but you have to deal with this **** now, otherwise it could turn nasty and you could end up headbutting your neighbour...
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby mushy on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:29 am

I really enjoyed yesterdays network outage, it was quite liberating not being kept in touch with the World.
They should make it an annual event.

As for the outage itself, I cant believe that a company the size of Ericsson doesnt have decent failover in place. I would guess that this is all due to some change that got put in overnight.
24 hours to fix really is unacceptable these days.
mushy

Postby Monkeybubbles on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:35 am

Samba wrote:I can't believe how something can go from tasting lovely to vile, in a matter of minutes.

Have you met Mrs Monkeybubbles?
Monkeybubbles

Postby S-H on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:37 am

^^^ Is that once the bitterness, starts to overpower the taste of rum in your mouth?
S-H

Postby Monkeybubbles on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 am

No, just minging vadge.
Monkeybubbles

Postby Clacton-ammer on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:02 am

I have a mate who loves going down on a smelly lady garden, his preferred taste :thdn:

If it's just a rampant got to have you rip your clothes off session then fair enough, otherwise, clean & fresh is my preferred choice. I do like my missus straight from the gym though, it's her in her gym clothes all sweaty that gives me the proper horn.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug