Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby Samba on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Samba wrote:The other night, the stray cat I adopted last year, jumping up onto & settling down next to my pillow, for the first time.
Me then stroking her head, in the dark only to realise at some point, that it wasn't her head...

ageing hammer wrote:Wrong Pussy :D

:) The best Wallace & Gromit story, that they never made..
Samba

Location: Playing Humm Bug & trying to hum, 'Ballroom Blitz'...

Postby BARKING IRON on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:50 am

delbert wrote:Trying to plumb in an American washing machine in the UK, the inlet connectors are the same size but a different thread. The only place that specifically advertises adaptors is in South Africa, the option at the moment is to cut another thread onto the nylon connector and use UK hoses or chop the hoses in half and join the USA end to a UK hose making a hybrid......... :fsake:

If only your son was a plumber who could use his 15 years experience to get you out of said predicament
BARKING IRON

Postby delbert on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 am

See you Sunday? :thup:
delbert

Postby S-H on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 am

Aww
S-H

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:12 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby warp on Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:35 pm

friends having kids.
i know it's great for them but they become monothematic boring ****'s.
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Hummer_I_mean_Hammer on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:01 pm

delbert wrote:See you Sunday? :thup:

FFS, you're going to get proper rinsed. A plumber out on a Sunday.... ?
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer

Postby delbert on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:12 pm

delbert

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:59 am

Delberts gaff on Sunday ...

Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby DasNutNock on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:01 pm

My wife's family, who decamped to Africa and Asia some years ago, giving us (her) heat over summer and winter holiday arrangements. FFS, if you want to make a big deal about how hard it is to see each other, perhaps not f*cking off to other continents would be a start?
DasNutNock

Postby BARKING IRON on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Delberts gaff on Sunday ...

I wear dewalt work trousers with the anti anus revealing system fitted as standard
BARKING IRON

Postby sendô on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:55 pm

People who don't open the milk properly, and leave the foil half on so that when you pour, the milk comes out the side like some sort of weird white waterfall, and completely misses your cup.
sendô

Postby Samba on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:17 am

sendô wrote:People who don't open the milk properly, and leave the foil half on so that when you pour, the milk comes out the side like some sort of weird white waterfall, and completely misses your cup.

DEFINITELY, wrong 'uns...
Samba

Postby Samba on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:30 am

Realising that it's getting harder to read, as you reach that age when you really need to start wearing reading glasses. And then forgetting to always have them with you. :x Those are gripes, in themselves.
No, this is about those HEAVILY advertised, floor & table lamps/lights that really appeal because you know how much it would help said affliction, only to find out that they cost a quite ridiculous, arm & a leg.. :shock:
I suppose at least they put the prices in their brochure now, they didn't used to, which kind of, should have been, a pre-warning about the steep price...
Samba

Postby Clacton-ammer on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:25 pm

On glasses, my minces are going with age, I am getting repetitive strain injury in my right elbow on moving my glasses to top of head to my snout depending on what I am trying to read, varifocals on order... :(
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby Hammer1972 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:46 pm

Samba wrote:No, this is about those HEAVILY advertised, floor & table lamps/lights that really appeal because you know how much it would help said affliction, only to find out that they cost a quite ridiculous, arm & a leg.. :shock:

Lights to help you read? By making it less dark? Don't they all do that.... :?
Hammer1972

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:07 pm

HMRC and banks

Trying to pay my father-in-law's self assessment bill, he has dementia so is no longer capable of these things. We went on the HMRC website to pay by card, failed because apparently "The address does not match that held by your bank", we tried a few variations of address just in case it was a formatting issue then decided bugger it I'll go down the post office and pay it. Then my wife received a text warning that his account was overdrawn. Checking the account online it tells us that there are several thousand pounds in the account but the usable balance is £200 overdrawn, but there are no pending transactions. We phone his bank, their explanation is that HMRC "reserve" money, give the bank a reference number then request the money at a later date using the reference - so the money is frozen and not shown as pending. There are two transactions for the same amount, with two different references. The bank can't cancel, HMRC have to tell them they do not want one. So we phone HMRC and get passed from pillar to post, they deny my wife has power of attorney (not true and they have had a copy) they then tell us we have his address wrong - despite the fact they write to him at this address - basically the person from "payments" is rude and hangs up. We eventually speak to someone who is at least sympathetic but they can't help and insist it is for the bank to cancel. They refuse to acknowledge that it is HMRC at fault as it is their system that said the payment had failed repeatedly, when in fact it worked twice. So we have to wait for the payments to go through then request repayment of one of them.

I don't normally have an issue paying my tax bill, but there again I generally do it by direct bank transfer not using their dated website.
Hampshire Hammer

Postby FreeWheeling on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:54 pm

HMRC are a bunch of ***** full stop.
Bastards sent me some serious threats about not returning my forms, when I informed them that I had sent them fully recorded and had the name and department of the signee , I was told yet again that they had not received them
My next statement was 'So I have proof of receipt, So you are therefore telling me you have lost my personal information and data'
They went quiet after that
FreeWheeling

Postby Samba on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:00 pm

Samba wrote:No, this is about those HEAVILY advertised, floor & table lamps/lights that really appeal because you know how much it would help said affliction, only to find out that they cost a quite ridiculous, arm & a leg.. :shock:

Hammer1972 wrote:Lights to help you read? By making it less dark? Don't they all do that.... :?

Yes but THESE are special.
In that they cost a months wages (for many), to buy. Or half a months.
Samba

Postby davids cross on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Having a giant pet crocodile and getting eaten by it.
davids cross

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug