Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things that irritate you

Postby FreeWheeling on Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:25 pm

I have recently pissed off a large part of the British Army by making our system more secure :D
FreeWheeling

Postby S-H on Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:40 pm

People (my wife) who put things at the front of an empty dishwasher..

****ing front loaders!!
S-H

Postby DasNutNock on Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:50 pm

The 20-somethings at work prefer to leave their soiled dishes and mugs next to it instead. Presumably they all still live at home with their parents and so havent yet learned how to operate a dishwasher.
DasNutNock

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Speaking of work, there's a bloke "hot desking" in the empty desk next to me today. He appears to be unable to concentrate unless he jiggles his leg, which is causing my desk to vibrate. I'd ask him to stop, but I suspect breaking his leg at the knee would be a more satisfactory solution.
DasNutNock

Postby Kludgehammer on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:33 pm

The 80% chance of hitting Green Park tube station in the morning to find some tuneless busker playing Streets of London
Kludgehammer

Postby sendô on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:39 pm

Beggars. Not the genuine homeless, the scourge of professional types around London now.

Like the bloke that sits on his suitcase with his feet bared like he has to survive the cold streets of London with no shoes, and yet can afford to clean his clothes, shave etc. Or the old woman with the zimmer frame on wheels that slowly walks along as if she's on her last legs and is about to keel over, but has enough strength to look up and reach out a hand asking for money whenever someone passes her.

Piss taking freeloaders. Is there not a camp somewhere we could round them all up and send them too?
sendô

Postby Johnny Byrne's Boots on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:01 pm

sendô wrote:............................

Piss taking freeloaders. Is there not a camp somewhere we could round them all up and send them too?

Westminster 8-)
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Postby delbert on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:09 pm

Opening up me annual tax summary only to find that for some bizarre reason I've been paying Scottish Income tax for the year, meaning I'm £60 worse off. That isn't the worst of it though, the bit that irritates me is that I've been funding Salmon while he was rubbing off Sturgeons knoblet.........
delbert

Postby FreeWheeling on Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:23 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Speaking of work, there's a bloke "hot desking" in the empty desk next to me today. He appears to be unable to concentrate unless he jiggles his leg, which is causing my desk to vibrate. I'd ask him to stop, but I suspect breaking his leg at the knee would be a more satisfactory solution.

Ask him if he has found a way of having a leg ****, loud enough so others hear, that will stop him
FreeWheeling

Postby WHU Independent on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:14 am

]
DasNutNock wrote:Speaking of work, there's a bloke "hot desking" in the empty desk next to me today. He appears to be unable to concentrate unless he jiggles his leg, which is causing my desk to vibrate. I'd ask him to stop, but I suspect breaking his leg at the knee would be a more satisfactory solution.

Ask him if he has found a way of having a leg ****, loud enough so others hear, that will stop him

Commonly know round here as "Joe Strummer Leg."
WHU Independent

Postby sendô on Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:25 pm

In the news today, 4 kids have died in a house fire.

As if that's bad enough, BBC news has published pictures of the kids. Why do we need to see pictures of the kids? Is it not common decency to not use dead kids pictures to get extra hits on your news website?
sendô

Postby S-H on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:41 pm

There's a VW advert on Radio X at the moment, about a February sales event..

The ****ing woman voicing the advert says Febuwwuwry and it does my nut in!!

Now, are they being clever, because I remember every ****ing word of that advert now.. or is it just me?

Just me.. ok..

S-H

Postby chigwells finest on Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:35 pm

my son was involved in a 10mph shunt last september , had no issues with admitting it was his mistake .

has a letter in from 3rd party insurers claiming nearly 19k in damages :-0 , we had about £200 of damage to our car which we paid for , he hit a audi a5 in rear quarter . i am lost for words .
chigwells finest

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:22 pm

chigwells finest wrote:my son was involved in a 10mph shunt last september , had no issues with admitting it was his mistake .

has a letter in from 3rd party insurers claiming nearly 19k in damages :-0 , we had about £200 of damage to our car which we paid for , he hit a audi a5 in rear quarter . i am lost for words .

Rental car hire costs, probably.
DasNutNock

Postby Samba on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:03 pm

chigwells finest wrote:my son was involved in a 10mph shunt last september , had no issues with admitting it was his mistake .

Car insurers: Complete & utter, pisstaking c**ts. They seemingly are allowed to get away with so much.
Samba

Location: Playing Humm Bug & trying to hum, 'Ballroom Blitz'...

Postby chigwells finest on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:21 pm

if you saw the damage to the other car 4/5 days at most . its no wonder insurance costs are so high
chigwells finest

Postby sendô on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Car insurance = government sanctioned rip off tax.
sendô

Postby Rocketron on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:37 pm

My wife had the same. She was the second stationary car at a roundabout, saw there was a good chance to get out as there was nothing on the right. Unfortunately the Mercedes in front of her hadn't moved so she tapped it.
The driver even claimed she suffered lower back pains due to my wife hitting without stopping.
my wife's insurance company took for gospel what the Merc driver said despite my wife giving a different story and photos of the Merc in which you couldn't see any actual damage.
Rocketron

Postby Samba on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:54 pm

Rocketron wrote:My wife had the same. She was the second stationary car at a roundabout, saw there was a good chance to get out as there was nothing on the right. Unfortunately the Mercedes in front of her hadn't moved so she tapped it.
The driver even claimed she suffered lower back pains due to my wife hitting without stopping.
my wife's insurance company took for gospel what the Merc driver said despite my wife giving a different story and photos of the Merc in which you couldn't see any actual damage.

You do wonder if what the Merc did was deliberate..
Samba

Location: Playing Humm Bug & trying to hum, 'Ballroom Blitz'...

Postby ereford ammer on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:06 pm

People who only put empty milk containers in the fridge :x
ereford ammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug