Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WHU Independent
Has liked: 1682 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by WHU Independent »

WHU_Del wrote:Let's hope Big Sam plays all three to make it happen
Del - ftr this is the "Little things in life that make you smile" thread, not the "Miracles actually happen!" thread. :D
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

I never said that! It was ageing hammer and some dodgy quote tags.
Although, I would love to see it :D
nedgray

Post by nedgray »

It's not really a nice thing to say you're pleased about but Ill never get tired of seeing somebody running for a bus or a train when the doors close and the bus / train drives off with them fuming at it as It drives away!

Only reason I say this as that It's happened to me loads of times and happened again to me today so it evens itself out over the course of time.
I laugh now when it happens to me as no point getting upset as public transport has to run to a timetable
It's even more satisfying if your actually on the bus yourself and see it happen to the other person.
:))
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

The September weekends when the weather is beautiful! A longer summer....
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Claretdave wrote:The September weekends when the weather is beautiful! A longer summer....
Yes, definitely. Although shades of autumn are slowly creeping in. Bonfire smell, the sun going down a lot earlier and the crisp wind!

Autumn is a fantastic season anyway. Right behind summer in my opinion.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

Clocking a milf on the other side of the road pushing a buggy along, she then decides to cross the road as the lights change to red. I stop the car at the lights, she crosses then bends over to check the sprog when she's right next to my car window, I see straight down her top and get a fabulous view of everything the top half of her fit body has to offer. Superb.......
Suffolk Iron
Has liked: 128 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Suffolk Iron »

Stopped off for a pint on the way home earlier, sat in the pub garden enjoying the sunshine, Bruce Springsteen's "The River" came on the outside speakers. Transported me back to 81. Cold beer, sitting in a pub garden, great music, West Ham didn't lose this weekend, those were the days.. Made me smile. :scarfer:
Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 564 likes
Total likes: 921 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

Northern Ireland, coming from 1-0 down to win 2-1, bloody 2-1!! away from home! 88th minute winner! 1st away win in 4 years, 18 matches without a sniff, then this!

Zsa Zsa Gabor, Rubik's cube, Ferenc Puskás...Ferenc Puskás your boys took a hell of a beating!

:scarfer:
delbert

Post by delbert »

:lol:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Junco Partner wrote:Zsa Zsa Gabor, Rubik's cube, Ferenc Puskás...Ferenc Puskás your boys took a hell of a beating! :scarfer:
You forgot Bela Lugosi and Joe Bugner
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

One week left of work before a move to London, worked my b*llocks off for this. Bit of a change, but looking forward to it.
thamesmeadhammer
Location: Walking in God's Grace, Sunny North Thamesmead, BML Row G 151

Post by thamesmeadhammer »

Knowing that I have another 60 week ahead of me at work this week......Can't wait......Really can't wait
delbert

Post by delbert »

That's the price you pay for driving a Tardis, I imagine you get stung a fair bit on your road tax as well? Do they class it as a 4x4?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Junco Partner wrote:Northern Ireland, coming from 1-0 down to win 2-1, bloody 2-1!! away from home! 88th minute winner! 1st away win in 4 years, 18 matches without a sniff, then this!

Zsa Zsa Gabor, Rubik's cube, Ferenc Puskás...Ferenc Puskás your boys took a hell of a beating!

:scarfer:
Yep, was over chuffed for you boys. Did make me smile you lot winning, congrats.
Claretdave
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

Scotland losing to Germany and claiming "the win was in sight".

Good work for the NI.
Claretdave

Post by Claretdave »

Roy's Rap on the Christian O'Connell breakfast show.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Autumn is a fantastic season anyway. Right behind summer in my opinion.
No ****! Image

I do agree though. There's only one thing better than a warm, sunny cloudless day, and that's if that day starts cold, crisp, a tad misty and almost frosty.

I guess that's one of the benefits of having a young child. You get to appreciate those stunning mornings most people sleep through....
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

nedgray wrote:It's not really a nice thing to say you're pleased about but Ill never get tired of seeing somebody running for a bus or a train when the doors close and the bus / train drives off with them fuming at it as It drives away!

It's even more satisfying if your actually on the bus yourself and see it happen to the other person.
:)
A few of us stayed with my mates missus in Walthamstow a few years back, including my missus. Most of us knew our way around London, to some degree, but it was only my missus's second visit (the first being a family occasion, so weren't really out and about). Got to the station, to see we'd missed the overland train by a few minutes, and the next one was half an hour later. So we thought we'd have a pint to kill the time.

So we're sat in this pub, and suddenly it's time to go, so we all leg it out of the pub, it's a bit everyman for himself, up the stairs, and onto the platform. Two of my mates leap through the train's open doors, I follow, and look back to see my missus has lagged behind and is still to emerge from the top of the stairs. Just as she appears the doors close, with her stuck on the other side. She's obviously panicking, as she's never really been around London, never been on a tube before, and she's just about to be on her own. We're gesticulating, saying to her to get the next train, we'll get off at the next platform and wait for her, etc, etc. She doesn't look much reassured. I try to prise the doors open, but they won't budge. She's looking quite upset now....

Then some kindly East London chap, gets up calmly walks over and presses the button next to the door, and it opens......

If you'd been on that train, it would have made your day!
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Tramps in love. Just saw a couple strolling along holding hands.

Hope for us all.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

You sure they were not trying to hide the can of special brew?