Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Monkeybubbles wrote:Cheers chief. I could knock up something Diezel or Engl or whatever inspired if you ever want something. Even at extreme mates rates, though, it wouldn't be much cheaper than the real thing.
I could wel believe it mate. Some of the prices of the Engl and Diezel stuff is eyewatering to the point where I'd actually question if I'd ever gig with it in case something happened to it.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Well I'm certainly enjoying pissing money up the wall today. I just bought an inflatable Kayak:

http://www.charliesdirect.co.uk/intex-explorer-k2-kayak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Splashing out for a (admittedly used) Scotty Cameron putter.

No excuses now...
East Sussex Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by East Sussex Hammer »

DasNutNock wrote:Well I'm certainly enjoying pissing money up the wall today. I just bought an inflatable Kayak:

http://www.charliesdirect.co.uk/intex-explorer-k2-kayak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have today https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offe ... cleId=3858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 580 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Splashing out for a (admittedly used) Scotty Cameron putter.

No excuses now...
Once you've had a few rounds with it can you drop me a pm mate. A friend of mine gets loads of golf gear from a schoolmate who is a tour player and was going to sell me one on the cheap, well better than the £250 odd they cost new.

How much was it may I ask
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

East Sussex Hammer wrote:You have today https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offe ... cleId=3858" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fair play, but I'm not sure I'd trust a budget brand kayak. Can't find many positive reviews for the Lidl one, but the one I bought has been reviewed by all sorts of major magazines. Also got the thumbs up from a colleague who has one, and who's competed for Ireland in a number of different canoe events.
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 580 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

Even at 80 quid that seems a bargain mate. I know sod all about kayaks, was expecting them to be hundreds.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

My canoe man reckons that £39 job would be perfectly okay for a bit of river paddling. I'm just a bit of a safety dad, and wanted to see some independent reviews before I bought anything. The seats look a better design on the one I got as well, though I doubt that makes a significant difference.
East Sussex Hammer

I was only joking don't worry. Your post coincided with me seeing it in an advert this morning.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

East Sussex Hammer wrote:I was only joking don't worry. Your post coincided with me seeing it in an advert this morning.
Nah, definitely seems like that £39 Lidl job's a good price and nothing to suggest it won't be as good as the one I got. Gonna pick one up?
Johnny Byrne's Boots

Chelmsford, it's a Studio Select Laguna 2.

This one in fact

£142 if they take it down before you see it.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

DasNutNock wrote:I've just read the specs - it's designed for offices and rooms up to 400 sq ft, and weighs 40Kg. Get the impression that it might not be designed for silent operation as such.
Yep. Extremely noisy. But I don't care because the room is already nice and chilly. Back of the net!
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

DasNutNock wrote:Picking up a brand new 15k BTU air conditioner for £50.
From where?
East Sussex Hammer

Nah, definitely seems like that £39 Lidl job's a good price and nothing to suggest it won't be as good as the one I got. Gonna pick one up?[/quote]

No nearest water is Eastbourne and I swim like a brick don't fancy getting the Eastbourne lifeboat out thanks .

But the air conditioning on the other hand is cheap where is it from ?
East Sussex Hammer

Double post
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Gumtree. Kid in Putney. His dad seemed a bit upset to see it go, but it was unopened and at least 2 years old, so not like they were using it. Couldn't find anything much for under £200 anywhere for new, and everywhere had sold out.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

1.6 kW. I shalln't be using this a great deal...
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Dropped the temp in our room from about 28/29C to more like 22/23C. Smart meter reckons that cost me about £2.50, maybe a bit more. I'd have to make that money well spent.
Johnny Byrne's Boots

freelander

Post by freelander »

Whenever I see conflicting headlines like these

It reminds me of my sister-in-law

When it comes to weather forecasts, be it a summer beach holiday or a week on the piste ! ....

..she will search and search, and search until she finds the best forecast most suited to her and her family at the time!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40340360" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... y-13210033" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I reminded her that she was Donald Trump, before Donald Trump was Donald Trump, years ago!

And just in case she needed any further assurance, I sent her a tweet from the President

Jess is a great forecaster folks, great forecaster, there has never been anyone in forecasting history who has been better than her, let me tell ya

She said only last week when I asked her to become my personal weather forecaster she talked about how honoured and blessed she was to serve me.

That's when I realised that she was even better than Michael Fish!

Incredible woman, incredible
- Donald Trump

Anyway, happy hols, Jess. I'm sure it will be everything you wish it to be and no one will tell you otherwise!

Sleep tight, and don't have nightmares!

Let's hope your cabinet salary kicks in soon, so next year you may be able to go a bit further afield than Talacre!