Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by FreeWheeling »

FreeWheeling wrote:Royal Artillery sending down some high end poundage this weekend, Mrs is on facebook and some of the local residents are complaining,
You moved next to the Royal School of Artillery , Larkhill, what the **** did you expect, cap guns

I Love hearing it , along with the high performance test jets at Boscombe and the low flying Apaches from Wallop,
Loving living on Salisbury Plain
delbert wrote: Try blagging yourself onto a firepower demo mate, you get to see first hand (from a safe distance) what happens at the impact end, it's awesome.........
Larkhill is one of my sites , so was fortunate enough a couple of years ago to watch a demo with full on Apache air support coming in too with all guns blazing , made the hair on the back of my neck stand up
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

DasNutNock wrote:Been invited to a death metal show in a couple months. Noticed the listing includes such acts as "Sodomised Corpse" and "Goblin Clit". Might give that one a miss.
'Friday Night is Music Night' on BBC2 has certainly changed recently.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Was dialed into a call earlier with about 30 people in locations all over US & EMEA. Some guy in the call became aware that there was a "Brit" on the line, and then launched into a bizarre tirade about how funny it is that "you guys call cigarettes fags, right! fags!!! hahahaha" <adopts Dick Van Dyke-quality accent> "Blimey, guv'nor, can I get (sic) a fag?" before bursting into laughter and repeating "fag!" several times. Like every other person on the call, I said nothing - I'm used to dealing with American cretins, and the smart thing to do is ignore them.

Anyway, order was eventually restored, nobody else made any reference to his hilarious joke, or the fact that he mentioned it, although I wouldn't be surprised to discover he'll get some sort of disciplinary, because the call was being recorded. But once the call was over, my boss rang me direct, to apologise for the guy's "misguided attempts at humour". I assured him I wasn't remotely bothered and to consider the matter closed, at which point he said "okay cool, I'll suggest to Les he keeps his jokes to himself next time".

You read that right - someone called Les thinks the word "fag" is funny.
FreeWheeling

Post by FreeWheeling »

Les sounds like a right ****
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Don't know why this has made me smile, but it has. Just gone into my e-mails to discover one e-mail in junk; it's from West ham United!
FreeWheeling

Post by FreeWheeling »

last couple of nights been given a free airshow of an F-15 Strike Eagle
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

DasNutNock wrote:
You read that right - someone called Les thinks the word "fag" is funny.
Word has it that he's a Sodomised Corpse fan.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Think he might be the drummer in Goblin Clit.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Cooler/cold nights, always sleep with the window open, even when it's -5, so had a p about 4am this morning, got back to into bed and the room was freezing, but allowed me to fully wrap the duvet around me, was a lovely feeling.

Missus got the hump as I pulled some of the duvet off her, but I was all good.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

All-time NBA great, and all-round awesome bloke, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's monthly columns in the Guardian. He's a wonderful writer, up there with Mike Atherton as my favourite players-turned-writer. But the best thing about his is that the comments section, without fail, features people quoting his marvellous rant in Airplane! when accused by the kid of "not really trying".
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Richard Branson, the twitter backlash he is receiving regarding his comment on being on time is :lol:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Clacton-ammer wrote:Cooler/cold nights, always sleep with the window open, even when it's -5, so had a p about 4am this morning, got back to into bed and the room was freezing, but allowed me to fully wrap the duvet around me, was a lovely feeling.

Missus got the hump as I pulled some of the duvet off her, but I was all good.
March to the end of May

and

Sept to November is the best time of year for my sleep patterns. :thup:
Burningaham

Post by Burningaham »

Bought a new motorbike today
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Burningaham wrote:Bought a new motorbike today
Nice one mate, what did you get?
Burningaham

Post by Burningaham »

I’ve gone naked. Yamaha mt09. pick it up mid afternoon- currently at little burns birthday bowling with 12 x 8 year olds.
I’m going to need a burn in the countryside after this. I’m sure the noise here is louder than the new bike
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

WHU_Del wrote:It's being estimated that once she's paid Monroe's costs and her own, Hopkins could be in the hole for half a million quid.
WHU_Del wrote:
Hopkins' request for an appeal was heard today, and dismissed.
Not quite half a mil, but she now owes Monroe the original £24,000 plus £107,000 in costs.
Just to follow up, this from Jack Monroe on Twitter today:
I can confirm today that following that landmark libel case, Katie Hopkins has entered into an IVA to avoid bankruptcy. I knew for a while but could not say anything for legal reasons. The arbitrary defender of free speech didn't want anyone to know, ironically...
...I have been paid in full, but many of her creditors, including my lawyer, will not be paid what they are owed. For the want of an apology, a house, a job, a column, a radio show, and now financial solvency, were lost. It's all very sad, actually.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Burningaham wrote:I’ve gone naked. Yamaha mt09. pick it up mid afternoon- currently at little burns birthday bowling with 12 x 8 year olds.
I’m going to need a burn in the countryside after this. I’m sure the noise here is louder than the new bike
Nice one mate, they look like great fun.
Burningaham

Post by Burningaham »

The triple makes a nice noise- and putting it in ‘a’ mode makes it a bit lively. Suspension is a little soft,but what I need for the pot hole filled roads around here. And it’s nicer to ride than my lambretta- never thought I’d say that!

We should start a Kumb MC the snug chapter
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

I live in a downstairs flat and share a garden with my upstairs neighbours. They constantly leave the gate open even though they know we have a toddler and a dog.

Twice in the last 24 hours I've taken a spider out of the bath, put it down next to their door and it's crawled underneath and into their flat.