Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

stuboy wrote:Wow GCRO, what was that?? Glad you got it sorted.
Well it's been called a quack remedy but it's worked for me (twice) so I'm saying that's a little more than a coincidence. The "cure" was a magnetic bracelet made by Bioflow. I had a really bad flare up once in Spain and my ex's dad wore one and swore by it. He leant it to me to try and within an hour I was pain free. I couldn't believe it as I was in pain for days, to the point where I could hardly walk.
The second time, I'd persevered for almost a year. I was off work, bent up at a very strange anlgle and couldn't walk without the aid of crutches and was in immense pain. I was all set to have the op as the MRI scan proved I had a disc pushing on my sciatic nerve. I tried all the treatments but nothing had worked (physio, osteopath etc.) and then my ex's dad advised me to buy a magnetic bracelet like his. I did and it worked within the week. Utterly pain free, after a year of hell.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 940 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

mushy wrote: Is love in the air Indie?
Nah, her being ginger, just the smell of wee.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:I was all set to have the op as the MRI scan proved I had a disc pushing on my sciatic nerve. I tried all the treatments but nothing had worked (physio, osteopath etc.) and then my ex's dad advised me to buy a magnetic bracelet like his. I did and it worked within the week. Utterly pain free, after a year of hell.
is the disc back in its place??
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Possible hottest weekend ever for February coming up.

Tit Monday is coming. :scarfer:
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:The "cure" was a magnetic bracelet made by Bioflow.
Ah, I remember buying one of those at the start to try and help me while cycling or playing golf. Didn't seem to do much - I too was told about the 'quackness' of it from my previous boss who was also a trained sports masseur. But, it seems you were in more pain than I ever was I certainly didn't anywhere near needing crutches. :shock:

As long as you find a cure that works what's the harm? The last massage I had in November was from a guy who does natural body building and has 3 slipped discs - he preferred the train through the pain method. He's a better man than me (until they all completely pop at the same time I guess)
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

ageing hammer wrote:Possible hottest weekend ever for February coming up.

Tit Monday is coming. :scarfer:

Blue tit Monday in the photography thread.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

warp wrote:is the disc back in its place??
I've not had an MRI on it since, but I know it's not pressing on the sciatic nerve any more so it must have moved. Believe me, you know exactly when it's moved and pressing on the sciatic nerve.
stuboy wrote:Ah, I remember buying one of those at the start to try and help me while cycling or playing golf. Didn't seem to do much - I too was told about the 'quackness' of it from my previous boss who was also a trained sports masseur. But, it seems you were in more pain than I ever was I certainly didn't anywhere near needing crutches. :shock:
I didn't get out much at all as I couldn't walk unaided as I couldn't put any weight at all on my leg, the pain was so bad. More or less stopped drinking alcohol and lost a **** load of weight (might have been down to the painkillers too). I remember I had to do a gig with the band I was in. Was in agony throughout and saw a photo of myself and only then did it dawn on me how bent out of shape I was. It was like I was leaning to one side. I never understood how anybody could get addictied to prescription drugs until I got the problems with my disc. Tramadol and Diazapam are a neat combination when you're in agony. I also had six codeine injections in A&E on the night when my back went. Didn't have a crap for thirteen days :shock:
As long as you find a cure that works what's the harm? The last massage I had in November was from a guy who does natural body building and has 3 slipped discs - he preferred the train through the pain method. He's a better man than me (until they all completely pop at the same time I guess)
Wow, there's no way I could even think about doing any physical exercise with the condition I was in. That would definitely finish me off if I did.
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

It's friday afternoon

The sun is shining

West Ham play this evening

England play tomorrow

It's Mrs BB's birthday so we'll have a posh dinner together

AND we have no other plans at all!!!

Perfect weekend looming, and it's making me smile to myself (lucky no-one is here to see me and think I'm losing it).
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

The last 2 lunchtimes have been spent eating outside in the sun and thinking I might get sunburn.
In February.
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

Completed a 40 min outdoor swim without issues on my back post discectomy.

Walked back from the gym in the sunshine, listening to some Young MC, now sitting in the garden sun replying to work emails listening to the flock of waxings going mental in the hedge. 8-)

This will all no doubt be disturbed at 4pm when the kid next door but one gets home from school and goes on his drum kit in their garage.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Double post
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote:Is love in the air Indie?
No mate, she bats for the other team ;)

What happened at the end of the night?

I left the pub with my mate, whilst my boss stayed behind to chat with the drag.

My mate decided he wanted to go back inside the pub and chat to the drag too. I advised him not to do this as he could regret it a little later.

I went to the bus stop and waited for the bus. 10 mins later my mate comes back and says "Yeah, I went back in and realised I shouldn't have done that, so I turn round and walked out."

He said he saw something that perturbed him.

Cue much drunken laughing and taking the mickey out of him all the way home.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1954 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Puma are reissuing the Para Mexico :scarfer:

S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

^^ Beautiful.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Clacton-ammer wrote:My friends sons girlfriend, she is a red head, tasty & 20, been helping her with her CV, she just offered me sex. I will of course decline, but made me feel about 20 foot tall :lol:
Tell her I'll stand in for you if you can't make it .
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

With your ailments TOMOS she would kill you, but would be a GREAT way to go :D

I had to tell her to f*** off as she is a ****ing fruitloop (for many reasons before you say wanting to jump me :lol: ) had to tell my missus as this has the potential to go very wrong for me, honesty in a relationship, learning that it can actually work....
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Clacton-ammer wrote:With your ailments TOMOS she would kill you, but would be a GREAT way to go :D

I had to tell her to **** off as she is a ****ing fruitloop (for many reasons before you say wanting to jump me :lol: ) had to tell my missus as this has the potential to go very wrong for me, honesty in a relationship, learning that it can actually work....
The plot thickens! Nutty redhead surely not!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Getting a new shower off Ebay for £70 less than the best price I'd seen anywhere else for months.
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

I was in Milton Keynes at the weekend and spotted 2 of those autonomous delivery vehicles going about their business. No one else seemed to bat an eyelid but I did find it kind of odd/amusing. Not sure if they are actually delivering stuff yet or just mapping the area. Despite all the cameras on them, I wonder how long it is until people start tipping them over, nicking them etc etc?

Here is a video of one. Not my video obviously. I didn't want to look like a tourist and get my phone out. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeXlTnv5MLA