Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

DasNutNock wrote:To be fair, listening to cretinous DJs wittering on about what they watched on TV last night can be an acutely annoying distraction when you're trying to concentrate on navigating and parking.
You don't just have to be concentrating or parking to find that acutely annoying Dan.
stevieboy
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by stevieboy »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:I'd love to see an Iain Dowie one!
Your dream has come true

https://badly-drawn-footballers.myshopi ... ch?q=dowie

Reminds me of the legendary 'Who can draw the best West Ham player on paint' thread.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Two foxes (must be from same family) who now make it their business to come to our back door every night for a snack.

We are suckers in this house; we're even feeding a different one with mange this year, with a medicine that you can get free off the web.

He seems to be improving too.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Your dream has come true

https://badly-drawn-footballers.myshopi ... ch?q=dowie

Reminds me of the legendary 'Who can draw the best West Ham player on paint' thread.[/quote]

stevieboy. I meant a badly drawn footballer, not a f**king selfie! :D
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4920 likes

Post by -DL- »

Getting a 6 month secondment to a new venture at work driving for http://www.megasightseeing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and keeping my current rate of pay, and returning to my current role just as the weather starts to turn crap.

Being paid handsomely driving an open topper in the summer - it's going to be a minge-fest!
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9652 likes

Post by S-H »

-DL- wrote:
Being paid handsomely driving an open topper in the summer - it's going to be a minge-fest!
Happy for you DL

:D
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

-DL- wrote:Getting a 6 month secondment to a new venture at work driving for http://www.megasightseeing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and keeping my current rate of pay, and returning to my current role just as the weather starts to turn crap.

Top bombing, DL :thup:
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 891 likes

Post by Samba »

"Mmm, minge-fest"
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1669 likes
Total likes: 518 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Going to a court tribunal with my sister who was appealing a traffic violation. She defended herself, won the case and had all fines, costs etc dropped and the Judge summed up saying "I will ring the relevant people right now, get everything waived and to advise them where they went wrong."

The People 1 - The Man 0
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1669 likes
Total likes: 518 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Telling my old man that I bumped into David Moyes in Canary Wharf the other day.

"Didn't he used to play for West Ham?" was his reply.

Massive WHU fan, my dad :)
Tenbury
Has liked: 728 likes
Total likes: 1226 likes

Post by Tenbury »

prophet:marginal wrote:Two foxes (must be from same family) who now make it their business to come to our back door every night for a snack.

We are suckers in this house; we're even feeding a different one with mange this year, with a medicine that you can get free off the web.

He seems to be improving too.
Good on you.
Although I once kept free range poultry,and have had big probs with the old Reynard, I've seen fox mange at it's worst, and it's a disgusting affliction for any creature, probably the worst.
Plus,of course ,your dog can pick it up on it's paws where an afflicted animal's been.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Yeah, my older sister lives out in Shenfield - right near the school of same name - and has had untold battles with Reynard and family, with respects to their 'natural instincts'. In a way, its hard to really blame the raiders. That's some tasty snacking just a little dig the wrong side of that wire, after all.

Thanks for the tip about pets and mange, too. We'd read up that it was a form of mite or similar parasite. Am I to understand that it waits in long grass, for some warm-blooded host to wander past?
Burningaham

Post by Burningaham »

This morning I waved mrs burn and little burn off on a trip to Sydney for 10 days to see her best mate who moved out there some years ago, whilst I’m home fitting the new kitchen.

Little does she know that for the last few weeks I have been teaching little burn to repeat the following words when he gets there to everyone he meets:-

“G’day mate Mick Dundee, I’m in town for a few days so I’ll probably see you around”.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Getting ourselves a 50m2 allotment in town. Used to be held by a couple that lived on a house boat, so it was their garden. Lawn, great shed, little pond in one corner. Needs a bit of a tidy and a couple of runs to the tip and it’ll be a nice little place for me to disappear to of a sunny Sunday to listen to the radio and maybe have a bit of a snooze.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 891 likes

Post by Samba »

DasNutNock wrote:Getting ourselves a 50m2 allotment in town. Used to be held by a couple that lived on a house boat, so it was their garden. Lawn, great shed, little pond in one corner. Needs a bit of a tidy and a couple of runs to the tip and it’ll be a nice little place for me to disappear to of a sunny Sunday to listen to the radio and maybe have a bit of a snooze.
I've recently caught myself fantasizing about sheds, gazebos & log cabins for me to spend a lot of enjoyable time in..must have got to that funny age..
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Got a new shed/workshop last year. I f*cking cannot get enough sheds in my life.

Got a 4 day weekend next week so will be getting the allotment cleared and prepped. I fear Jevs may be getting one or two or fifty PMs coming his way soon.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Mrs Viet going into work on Good Friday morning and wondering where everyone was. I mean it must feel great when you realise.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

DasNutNock wrote:Got a new shed/workshop last year. I f*cking cannot get enough sheds in my life.

Got a 4 day weekend next week so will be getting the allotment cleared and prepped. I fear Jevs may be getting one or two or fifty PMs coming his way soon.
Got to order a 6x6 and an 8x6 this week :D
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Back of the net! I have an old 6x4 for bike storage (also pram storage, as I discovered this weekend), and an 8x8 I put up last summer before the baby arrived, so we’d have somewhere for the gardening and decorating stuff as well as a small workshop for me to glue bits of wood together. Was absolutely brilliant when I got my mate (Phil Parkes Jr) to help me refit the bathroom. By which I mean that he did all the difficult stuff (plastering, tiling etc) and I did the plumbing.

And now, technically, I have a third one at the allotment, presumably will be used for storing tools and planting stuff. Three sheds! What a time to be alive!
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

I was also fortunate enough to come across 11m of armoured tizzy cable this week which I 'ahem' borrowed, so thats the 6x6 sorted with power :D