Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by peter49uk »

FreeWheeling wrote:Going to be representing and laying a wreath for Basingstoke Town FC at the Menin Gate this October
So proud for you Free :thup:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

FreeWheeling wrote:Going to be representing and laying a wreath for Basingstoke Town FC at the Menin Gate this October
Excellent stuff FW!!

In terms of things that make me smile ‘The holiday beard’, or more specifically the holiday goatee - blokes that don’t shave when they are on their holibobs ...
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Grand old age of 57 today. The lovely Ms. Eggs treated me to afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason. Back home in leafy North Cheam, sitting in the garden having a couple of beers smoking a nice Cuban cigar.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Happy Birthday mate :scarfer:
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:Grand old age of 57 today. The lovely Ms. Eggs treated me to afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason. Back home in leafy North Cheam, sitting in the garden having a couple of beers smoking a nice Cuban cigar.
Happy Birthday
What does a tea at F&M comprise?
It may be an idea for my Mrs.
Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:Grand old age of 57 today. The lovely Ms. Eggs treated me to afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason. Back home in leafy North Cheam, sitting in the garden having a couple of beers smoking a nice Cuban cigar.
Rocketron wrote:Happy Birthday
What does a tea at F&M comprise?
It may be an idea for my Mrs.
I had the afternoon tea. That comprised of 5 finger sandwiches of different breads and fillings, 2 scones (one ordinary and one fruit) with clothed cream and jam and 5 mini sweets/pastries, plus a choice of teas. That came to about £50 a head, but as it was my birthday, the lovely Ms. Eggs treated us to a glass of bubbly each. The final bill came to around £139 (including service).

The other thing is, when you've eaten your sandwiches and scones, you're offered more and as far as I'm aware, at no extra cost; so it's a bit like a posh all you can eat.

They also do a "high tea" (can't remember what the difference is) for about a fiver more, plus they look after you if you have any dietary requirements.

All in all, a lovely afternoon that I would recommend, but you may need a few quid more if you're going to look round the rest of the place!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2427 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

So basically you paid a ton for a couple of cups of tea, a few sarnies and some biscuits?

Bugger me, I'm in the wrong game.
Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

sendô wrote:So basically you paid a ton for a couple of cups of tea, a few sarnies and some biscuits?

Bugger me, I'm in the wrong game.
If you look at it like that, then yes. I looked at it as a nice afternoon out that I certainly wouldn't do week in, week out.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Good for you EggnNuts, all about the ambience as well innit

Don't worry about Sendo, he has the hump as he has to put a proper shift in at work in a week or so time :)
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2427 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

Yeah I'm sure it was enjoyable, but I'm just commenting on the prices we are willing to pay for things that are often quite basic so long as it is marketed or dress up the right way.

Oh and do one clacton. 8-)
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Travelling home on the train the night before last, the woman next to me was using her phone - nothing unusual you would think. I happened to glance over and saw that she was looking at a picture of a topless woman, watching whilst trying to not make it obvious I realised that she was scrolling through a Whatsapp conversation. I couldn't read the text, well not without leaning right over and making it obvious lol, She was scrolling through and enlarging most of the pictures, from what I could see it was her and a bloke undressing and sending pictures to each other so we can probably guess at the text. The last ones I saw were of her and him playing with themselves. Made my train trip pass a bit better than normal, but perhaps better not to look at things like that in public. :wink:
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

^^^^ has something similar a few weeks back on the central line into work one morning, standing up there was a bird in front of me scrolling through her pics and deleting some of them when I noticed some lovely topless shots. She caught me looking but what could she say? It was just one of life’s little victories.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Your average football fan forum talk

Thank you Everton.

buededw1 said:
BREAKING NEWS
Everton are weighing up a £3m bid for West Ham defender Reece Oxford, SSN understands.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can’t remember which one he is. He’s not the crap one that played loads last season is he?

BainesontoastNEW said:
No.
----------------------------------------------------
What’s his name again?

ijjysmith said:
------------------------------------------------------
I think you're on about Damien Rice.

Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

I dropped the ever fragrant Mrs Monkeybubbles at work at lunchtime and had to go to a shop across the other side of town, so I drove along the seafront.

Ah, the sights, sounds and smells of Brighton on a sunny Pride weekend.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Moxy wrote:a few weeks back on the central line into work one morning, standing up there was a bird in front of me scrolling through her pics and deleting some of them when I noticed some lovely topless shots. She caught me looking but what could she say?
'What's your number, I'll send them to you.' :wink:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

There's a bird on reception where I work who has all sorts of glamour shots & videos on the internet, and she competes in various "fitness" competitions. I'd be inclined to share, but then you'd all find out where I work, and that can't happen.
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote: I had the afternoon tea. That comprised of 5 finger sandwiches of different breads and fillings, 2 scones (one ordinary and one fruit) with clothed cream and jam and 5 mini sweets/pastries, plus a choice of teas. That came to about £50 a head, but as it was my birthday, the lovely Ms. Eggs treated us to a glass of bubbly each. The final bill came to around £139 (including service).

The other thing is, when you've eaten your sandwiches and scones, you're offered more and as far as I'm aware, at no extra cost; so it's a bit like a posh all you can eat.

They also do a "high tea" (can't remember what the difference is) for about a fiver more, plus they look after you if you have any dietary requirements.

All in all, a lovely afternoon that I would recommend, but you may need a few quid more if you're going to look round the rest of the place!
Took my old girl there for her birthday last year, cracking bit of grub.

The difference between the high tea and afternoon tea is a high tea you get to select a dish from the menu provided and forgo the sandwiches (you still get the scones and cakes). I had the beef Wellington and it was top notch.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Quite Interesting
Verified account

@qikipedia

In 1674, the Women's Petition Against Coffee was filed on the grounds that coffee made men impotent, gossipy & 'Frenchified'.
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

One of my cats keeps bringing me their cat toys as presents.

Usually to try to stop me going to work.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I was in the garden yesterday when I heard a sort of plaintive "keeee, keeee" bird call. I looked up and saw a buzzard thermalling overhead. Wonderful.

Not bad for the outskirts of London.