Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by Estuary »

RichieRiv wrote:A lone Spitfire (a Griffon engined version as all Merlin's are grounded) followed by a B-17 and then the finale of the Red Arrows (smoke on) flying over the house this afternoon.
The Spitfire flew our house a number of tiles Sat and Sunday, it absolutely hammered across our garden at a couple of hundred ft twice on Sunday as it buzzed Southend Airport. :thup:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

the celestial insect wrote:I found an old VHS of the 1991 cup game(s) vs Aldershot the other day. Really gave me a warm glow to see some of those players again, but quite shock just how much things have changed. After all these years, I couldn't get my head around the idea of seeing only two subs!
I remember the somewhat bemused looks on the faces of a group of Aldershot supporters, who got off the Tube at West Ham, only to see all us home fans still sat on the train waving at them.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Estuary wrote:The Spitfire flew our house a number of tiles Sat and Sunday, it absolutely hammered across our garden at a couple of hundred ft twice on Sunday as it buzzed Southend Airport. :thup:
I'm not sure how one of our local inbreeds managed it, but apparently they do the rounds of town's a villages after displays, whilst on route to the next one / home. The Red Arrows diverted on route back to Scampton and the B-17 to Duxford.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

A mate of mine started a new job today at a well known bank. I asked him how he got on and this was his reply ..

It was the strangest induction day of all time. I had a quiz about the company, then had write lyrics about the company and then do a conga dance around the whole ****ing office singing the winning song. And i managed to do this in front of Boris Becker that sat in one of the meeting rooms. So surreal and just ****ing strange.

:lol:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Recently back from holybobs, the resort you get allocated sun loungers for the duration of your holiday, so second day in, this beautiful gorgeous, almost photoshoped lady late 20's (Think as a young lad when you first see Kelly come out in weird science) picks the beds next to ours, and she has the tiniest bikini on.

We all get chatting, she is Romanian, but her English is superb. She mentions her husband will be down soon so she has a dip in the pool.

My lady, who has never felt a tinge of jealousy or discomfort around other women says to me "Can you put your tongue back in, bet you are happy she is next to us! I can't believe she chose the ones next to ours, no woman can compete with that!!!" My reply, apart from the usual man bollax to his partner was "don't worry, you will have eye candy soon, as can you imagine the fella she has!"

So ten minutes later, this rather large gentlemen, dripping in gold, must be 5/6 stone overweight, well hairy back (you know my issue with hairy backs!), around mid fifties waves to the sex goddess and she tells him where their beds are.

The face on my missus was priceless :D As it turns out they were a lovely couple, and him, considering he was a northerner who missed words out in every sentence, was also a very rich one at that (surprise, surprise) was a top top top fella. By the end of the holiday they invited us to come and stay at their holiday home in Jamaica with them!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Clacton-ammer wrote:The face on my missus was priceless :D As it turns out they were a lovely couple, and him, considering he was a northerner who missed words out in every sentence, was also a very rich one at that (surprise, surprise) was a top top top fella. By the end of the holiday they invited us to come and stay at their holiday home in Jamaica with them!
And when the inevitable wife-swapping suggestion is proposed, you'll almost certainly end up the winner!
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I did make a lil joke about that to her...can't post the reply due to the *** that would be involved.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Mate, ol' Mike Ashley will be absolutely steaming through your doris before you can even say 'Marian Lacatus'
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I am trying to lose that image, but can't, even the thought of me hanging out the back of the goddess can't lose that image....
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:A mate of mine started a new job today at a well known bank. I asked him how he got on and this was his reply ..

It was the strangest induction day of all time. I had a quiz about the company, then had write lyrics about the company and then do a conga dance around the whole ****ing office singing the winning song. And i managed to do this in front of Boris Becker that sat in one of the meeting rooms. So surreal and just ****ing strange.

"Conga you say? I'm afraid this isn't going to work out. Nice to meet you all, shall I hand my pass back in at reception on my way out?"
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:A mate of mine started a new job today at a well known bank. I asked him how he got on and this was his reply ..

I would be very concerned that was done because the bank expected me to appear in those crappy commercials featuring real staff dancing and singing etc.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I had an interview once where I was handed a pack of crayons and told to draw a picture of my "perfect day". They also had a straitjacket in a glass case in reception.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Hammer1972 wrote:"Conga you say? I'm afraid this isn't going to work out. Nice to meet you all, shall I hand my pass back in at reception on my way out?"
That would have been my response had the salary not been eye-wateringly high for a systems administrator.
DasNutNock wrote:I had an interview once where I was handed a pack of crayons and told to draw a picture of my "perfect day".
They do this test in the French Foreign Legion to new recruits (they asked me to draw a tree). I thought they were taking the piss until someone told me that they can analyse your personality from a drawing apparently.
Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 »

On holiday we told the kids we were going to visit my cousin and that they had a swimming pool in their garden. As we were driving over, my little one (aged 3) says "Daddy, how long will it take them to blow it up..."
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Hammer1972 wrote:On holiday we told the kids we were going to visit my cousin and that they had a swimming pool in their garden. As we were driving over, my little one (aged 3) says "Daddy, how long will it take them to blow it up..."

Sooo.. How long?
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Hammer1972 wrote:"Conga you say? I'm afraid this isn't going to work out. Nice to meet you all, shall I hand my pass back in at reception on my way out?"
It's a test they use to show just how far you're willing to go.

They'll want him to knife someone next and if he does he can have a job on the board.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ i'll take a stab at that job!
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 483 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Went to visit my dad, bless his confused arse.

"Alright boy, how's your vulva?"

Pretty sure he meant my Volvo. There's more.

"It doesn't look like a normal vulva, it's much nicer".
Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 »

Monkeybubbles wrote:
"It doesn't look like a normal vulva, it's much nicer".
"It's nicer than your Mum's. Although hers is much roomier inside..."
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

This absolute World Class bit of forumming on Hot UK Deals: