Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Monkey Mike
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by Monkey Mike »

Watching my kids achieve anything or getting recognition for their endeavours.

The odd occassion when my wife has to work an evening, much as I love her company, it is nice to be able to sit with a homemade curry, crack a couple of cold beers open, and watch a war film or western which would normally be vetoed by Mrs MM.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

fjthegrey wrote:An ever so slightly protracted exchange of eye contact with someone of the opposite sex. Usually it's preferable than talking to that same person.
Is absolutely champion.

You both just know.

Leaves you feeling great for hours.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

fjthegrey wrote:An ever so slightly protracted exchange of eye contact with someone of the opposite sex. Usually it's preferable than talking to that same person.
rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Is absolutely champion.

You both just know.

Leaves you feeling great for hours.
Have to concur here. Happened to me on a tube train one summer, went on for about 20 mins, little smiles etc. The clincher was when she got a nipple on after our eyes met.

I used to wonder what would have happened if I had asked for her number, but simply, I never had the bottle to.
Monkey Mike
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Monkey Mike »

Dyer's Leg wrote:The clincher was when she got a nipple on after our eyes met.
Protracted eye contact Dyers, not staring at her thruppnies!
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

:lol: It was!! And to notice her nips start to show through her top was the icing on the cake, because it certainly wasn't cold on that train!

Either that or I have the ability to make nips stand up just by thinking about them.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Seeing someone fall over. Saw a waiter fall over with two plates of food a while ago, I could have walked out that place and died and I would have died a happy man.

Seeing Spurs / Millwall lose / fail. I am not one (especially at the moment) who gloats at a teams failure, like them, who are doing quite well in their eyes (spurs not Millwall), but I have a little smile to myself when they f**k up.

When the waitress brings me my order in Bodeans.

Meals with the family.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Seeing my boys faces when I pick them up on a Friday, though I've not quite worked out if they are pleased to see me, or just happy to get away from their mother for a couple of days.

Watching Mrs Leg reverse/parallel park

Making a profit on stuff I have bought, fixed and sold. Nice sense of achievementm, made evn better when I get positive comments from the customer.

Farts. I can never keep a straight face, no matter who has done it, or where.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

The first sip of the first pint of the evening.

When the shuffle on you IPod just nails it.

Watching my 5yr old nephew kick a ball about in the garden.
jimmy dean

Post by jimmy dean »

When my Nephew joins me for a pint occasionally and doesnt feel the need to rush off cos he enjoys his old Uncles company and this is a bit gay...if im cooking or doing anything round the house and the Doris comes up behind me and puts her arms round me and kisses my back :thup:
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

Denzil wrote:Seeing someone fall over. Saw a waiter fall over with two plates of food a while ago, I could have walked out that place and died and I would have died a happy man.

When the waitress brings me my order in Bodeans.

:lol:
You should post more Denzil
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

On my way to away games I cant help but feel happy :lol:
Bearing in mind the last couple of years this is, of course, utter madness as well.

Cooking something that isn't of an atrocious bog standard, preparing it properly whilst getting a tv program to watch or a paper to read all ready for the meal, then tucking in.

Playing a song I like on guitar.

...but yeah, the look on the tube is best.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

jimmy dean wrote:if im cooking or doing anything round the house and the Doris comes up behind me and puts her arms round me and kisses my back
Fat chance of that in my house. If I'm cooking, she comes in from work, opens her mail & stands right in the middle of the kitchen & reads it. Basically becoming one hell of a inconvenient roundabout while I am trying to cook Headbanger
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Denzil wrote:Seeing someone fall over. Saw a waiter fall over with two plates of food a while ago, I could have walked out that place and died and I would have died a happy man.

He probably fell over some stupid unsupervised kid running around :lol:
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

ageing hammer wrote:
He probably fell over some stupid unsupervised kid running around :lol:
An incident that could of been easily avoided had someone floored the little ****
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Coming in from the cold into somewhere warm.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

When you switch on the radio, and it's playing Survivor - Eye of the Tiger - and within nanoseconds, you're shadow-boxing in the kitchen, and explaining to the wife that you "used to do a bit of boxing", whilst she looks at you like you're an escaped mental patient.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Philosophical Dan wrote:When you switch on the radio, and it's playing Survivor - Eye of the Tiger - and within nanoseconds, you're shadow-boxing in the kitchen, and explaining to the wife that you "used to do a bit of boxing", whilst she looks at you like you're an escaped mental patient.
:thup:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

That first moment you wake up in the morning, it's even more difficult to judge at this time of year as it's dark at most hours, but the seconds immediately after the moment of awakening panic, when you realise you've got 30 minutes, who knows, maybe even an hour till you even have to contemplate getting up properly. You pull that blanket a little tighter, perhaps even let out a little shiver and then fall back into what is easily the best kind of sleep in my eyes. The sleep where you can feel time slowing down, where you are semi-conscious and can feel your body entering into a state of hibernation and consequently all the minutes and seconds doubling in length.
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Watching someone else, floor someones kids (as mentioned)
Looking at something that you've put a good while in creating/building and going "i built that"
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Have to disagree with that one, FJ... it's torturous to know that I am enjoying something so much, but am absolutely forced to give it up within the next 20mins or so.
You sit and hope that there's been a major paradigm shift in the universe, that somewhere, for some reason, somehow, you just don't have to get out of bed that morning... maybe even some heavy snow will do.
But no. You HAVE to resign yourself to the fact and you have to succumb to the realisation.
I think it's bloody horrible.

Then again, I do go asleep far too late, so maybe I feel more ropey in the morning that I should do.

Strangely - and quite sadly - I remember it being one of the very, very best moments of comfort and relief I've ever had.
About 13 years old. Woke up one morning, around 7:25am, dark outside, rain smattering against window. I could already picture the walk to school, sitting in lessons for hours, waiting for the home time bell to ring.
Before that I had to get out of my bed, into the cold bathroom, shower, get ready etc. Cue horrible feeling of despondency.

But, what's this? Dad is coming up the stairs... he's usually left by now.
Then, it dawns on me... it's a Saturday. Oh my cock, it's a Saturday!!
*If I could bottle the feeling of this precise moment*

It's sleeping for a few more hours, it's Saturday morning TV, it's football training, it's West Ham, it's A-Team, Baywatch, Match of the Day!!
Dad comes into room; "want a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich"

Oh my cock, it's a Saturday!

I sank and sank into a my bed as I dozed on and off for a couple of hours after the sandwich and tea. I swear that bed has never been as comfortable as it was for those few hours!