Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DasNutNock

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by DasNutNock »

Corporate schadenfreude. Your fault, not mine. Must really hurt that you lost and I won on all fronts.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Actually being well enough to have a short drive in my car for the first time in a fortnight.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

-DL- wrote:Actually being well enough to have a short drive in my car for the first time in a fortnight.
:thup: Top news boss
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

-DL- wrote:Actually being well enough to have a short drive in my car for the first time in a fortnight.
Chuffed for you mate, good work.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Great news!

The local doggers will be pleased.
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:taking my daughter to her first west ham game last weekend, its always been a father son experience in the past (but he was at an all day rave) and shes never been interested before but she wanted to go last weekend when she was down from Uni, she loved singing bubbles with me - she loved eating at the ribman, she loved the stadium but thought the wine on offer was piss poor and she thought the know all bloke behind us was a dick

im actually smiling now thinking about it
I took my daughter for her first game last weekend as well. She was expecting a pie, a pint and a punch up!

We had a pint in the King Edward VII on Broadway, two girls were smacking each other and swearing (a lot) in the old shopping centre, and we walked past Greggs, so it was a good 2.5 / 3!

Very quiet where we were up in 202, apart from the rousing rendition of Bubbles at the beginning and of course when the goals went in.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

I took my (grown up) daughter to the F A Cup game at The Boleyn 3 or 4 years ago.
she had never shown much interest in football, but a few months previously commentated in an aside in company !'d love to go to a football match at some point."
I had a ST in the BMU so couldn't take her to a league game so the Cup game we spent in the lofty heights of the Rio stand.
She was happy to go to The Black Lion pre-match and asked to return post-match where she met a guy who used to work for her.
Certainly made me smile.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

1:1 Scale Lego model of my favourite, yet very out of reach car.

pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Sitting here now in the garden - the sun is gently warming me as it peers through the leaves of an apple tree and all I can hear is birdsong and a very distant hum of traffic which almost sounds like the sea. A robin has just landed 6 get away from me. Not bad for living in the middle of a town.

Just enjoying the moment before I have to get ready for work.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

My ten year old Step son shouting YEAHHSSSSS!! in the cinema during the battle scene towards the end of End Game. If you've seen it you'll know what i mean. Brilliant :)
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

There's a 30MPH speed camera about 100 yards from my house. Typically, people slow down for it and then proper speed up after it. Not everyone, the traffic usually stays at 30 even when past it - but I forever hear the sound of hard acceleration from bikes, boy racers and those in German cars.

About 100 yards away in the opposite direction to the speed camera this morning, is a traffic cop on a bike with a hand-held speed gun.

He's having a field day this morning. About bloody time too, because it's one of those where 30 IS most appropriate and trying to get off my drive at times when cars come bombing past is like running the gauntlet.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Probably been posted before, but DL's avatar always makes me smile. Looks like he's doing the angry shaky fist "why, I oughta...." thing while the little feller does a proper crossed arms.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

He's getting ready to make his piss.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

-DL- wrote:There's a 30MPH speed camera about 100 yards from my house. Typically, people slow down for it and then proper speed up after it. Not everyone, the traffic usually stays at 30 even when past it - but I forever hear the sound of hard acceleration from bikes, boy racers and those in German cars.

About 100 yards away in the opposite direction to the speed camera this morning, is a traffic cop on a bike with a hand-held speed gun.

He's having a field day this morning. About bloody time too, because it's one of those where 30 IS most appropriate and trying to get off my drive at times when cars come bombing past is like running the gauntlet.
Good - this is a strong topic for me too -

Nearest town [ well , more of a community really ] is Broadford [ 10 miles from our house ] - the 30mph area stretches for quite a way , probably a mile + or a mile anyway - I always keep my speed down to exactly 30mph all the way through and the amount of drivers who overtake me or tail-gate me all the way is quite high and I always get angry . :)

When I was last down in Hatfield Peverel where Jennie's sister lives there were a couple of volunteers out dressed in those bright yellow coats pointing ' guns ' at drivers as they sped through the village - I'm not sure whether the speed guns were real or not - but ' Good on them ' I say .
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:taking my daughter to her first west ham game last weekend, its always been a father son experience in the past (but he was at an all day rave) and shes never been interested before but she wanted to go last weekend when she was down from Uni, she loved singing bubbles with me - ........
I remember my daughter's first time at The Boleyn when she was 8. Went in the Boleyn pub beforehand and went in the back room briefly as she didn't believe me that grown-ups would throw drinks around! At the beginning of the match she proudly sang Bubbles as I'd taught her all the words - only problem was that she was with the rest of the family with the Watford supporters whilst I was up in the Rio! Apparently those around her weren't amused, but she did get a cheer from the Chicken Run.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

absolute plumb this morning, I was doing the 60 mph on the A360, this not quick enough for said plumb, he overtakes me with around 300 yrds to go before the A303 roundabout
Then gets stuck there as all the traffic from the A303 is turning right blocking his progress, meanwhile I toodle off to the left turn giving the bird as i make my merry way :D
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Crisps.
Deepster
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Deepster »

My boys u15 team completing the treble last of: division 1 league title, knockout cup and today the league cup. Can’t tell you how much I had emotionally invested in this all season ... and relax / get pissed tonight.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

We have local and european elections coming up here and there's posters up everywhere.

I saw a great poster today it's a picture of Kermit the frog and the caption said,

"Vote Muppet, you will end up with one anyway" :lol:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Getting the whistles sorted for my wedding. 3 full suits for under half a bag.