Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by prophet:marginal »

Christ? Coming back?!

Batten down the hatches!
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Needed some new boots for work. I knew exactly what I wanted, but I tend to find that that means I'm very fussy when I'm searching.
I was resigned to a long slog around Ashford Designer Outlet, where there's a good choice of shops.
Headed into Clarks, picked up a pair of boots that were just the ticket. Tried them on and they fitted perfectly. Price? A pony!
Looked them up on the Clarks website, they were originally eighty quid 8-)
Job done.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Just about to book a weekend away in Prague on Expedia when Mrs Eggs informs me BA have a sale on at the moment.

Managed to get the flight/hotel package £150 cheaper through B.A. Thanks Mrs Eggs and an even bigger thanks to BA. :scarfer:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Suggs, seemingly rat arsed on Sunday morning TV. Image
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

bubbles1966 wrote:Suggs, seemingly rat arsed on Sunday morning TV. Image
West to see them last year in at the Kent Showground and he was absolutely out of it. What made it even more hilarious was that they'd been told under no circumstances should they swear on stage as there was kids in the audience. He proceeded to use expletives at every opportunity and had to apologise every time and just had another sip of wine.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

ESM's first match report in 6 years appearing on the GD board.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Listening to Radio 4 today in the car and they were talking about Mad Jack Churchill. For anyone who's not heard of him, he's the last person to ever kill someone in battle in World War Two. He also played the bagpipes and used to pipe his men into battle. Two stories they told about him had me in stitches.

Story One:
After the war, he got a job in the Ministry of Defence in London. He lived in Surrey and he used to get the train to and from work. Regularly on the way home from work, he could be seen throwing his brief case out of the window a few minutes just before the train arrived at his station. The reason for this? His back garden backed onto the railway tracks and he would throw his case into his back garden because he didn't want to carry it home with him

Story two
He is often quoted as saying "If it wasn't for them bloody yanks, we could have carried the war on for another ten years!".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Noble grabbing Arnies arse when celebrating his goal on Saturday :D

FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Listening to Radio 4 today in the car and they were talking about Mad Jack Churchill. .......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers for that chap :thup:
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Apparently Everton haven't had a shot on target for 2 games, and Big Sam has said, perhaps they need to be MORE boring.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

prophet:marginal wrote:Christ? Coming back?!
is he?
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Listening to Radio 4 today in the car and they were talking about Mad Jack Churchill. For anyone who's not heard of him, he's the last person to ever kill someone in battle in World War Two. He also played the bagpipes and used to pipe his men into battle. Two stories they told about him had me in stitches.

Story One:
After the war, he got a job in the Ministry of Defence in London. He lived in Surrey and he used to get the train to and from work. Regularly on the way home from work, he could be seen throwing his brief case out of the window a few minutes just before the train arrived at his station. The reason for this? His back garden backed onto the railway tracks and he would throw his case into his back garden because he didn't want to carry it home with him

Story two
He is often quoted as saying "If it wasn't for them bloody yanks, we could have carried the war on for another ten years!".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seeing this reminded me of the stories of Adrian Carton de Wiart. Reminded of him escaping a POW camp in Italy and evading capture for 8 days even though he was in northern Italy, didn't speak Italian and was missing an eye and arm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Carton_de_Wiart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S-H

Post by S-H »

Reece Burke‏Verified account @ReeceBurke

Absolutely buzzing to get my first @WestHamUtd goal! Been dreaming about this since I was a kid! To score it in injury time and take us through to the next round of the #FACup infront of the home fans, made it a moment I will never forget!!
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

The numerous u-turns about David Moyes' appointment. :)
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Mad Jack Churchill.
Just read the wiki link. Seems he initiated an attack on a German unit in the early days of the war by shooting a commander with a bow and arrow. Can't help imagining what went through the victim's mind WTF????
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

An arrow by the sounds of it...

Never knew about mad Jack Churchill, thanks for the heads up :thup:
S-H

Post by S-H »

Logging into your betting account, and realizing a bet you forgot you had placed had come in!

8-)
Patito

Post by Patito »

You just reminded me as well, somerset!
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Listening to Radio 4 today in the car and they were talking about Mad Jack Churchill. For anyone who's not heard of him, he's the last person to ever kill someone in battle in World War Two. He also played the bagpipes and used to pipe his men into battle. Two stories they told about him had me in stitches.

Story One:

Story two

i listened to this too and thought what a good film it would make - loved the fact that as he got off the plane he threw his cigarette back in and burnt the plane down too
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Clacton-ammer wrote:An arrow by the sounds of it...

Never knew about mad Jack Churchill, thanks for the heads up :thup:
Just read his Wiki page. What a geezer!