Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by Mega Ron »

That's a nice looking car.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2615 likes
Total likes: 938 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Mega Ron wrote:That's a nice looking car.
Not a car nerd by any means but I didn't think that I'd ever say/think/see the words 'nice', 'looking' and 'Volvo' all in the same sentence. Very impressed and it even looks good in brown.

Excellent photobombing by Steve Ovett too!
Burningaham

Post by Burningaham »

Chiltern classic car rally today. I think the Volvo classic club are there.
I'll be taking my 1963 Lamberetta LI 125, if it will start. If not I'll take the Vespa.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

pablo jaye wrote:
Not a car nerd by any means but I didn't think that I'd ever say/think/see the words 'nice', 'looking' and 'Volvo' all in the same sentence. Very impressed and it even looks good in brown.
Volvo have made some nice looking cars over the years, and that is one of them.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

the transfers thread being temporary locked in the first day after the season is over :lol:
Hampshire Hammer

Yesterday afternoon we went to the Alresford watercress festival, basically a nice little village fair with stalls and music. Top down on the MG, drove down and did the park and ride by train. A lovely day walking round and met a few people I know, tried out different foods. Then drove to a nice country pub and sat by a river, enjoying the sun and eating outside. Before driving home through the country lanes. So steam trains, relaxing day and driving round lanes with the top down in the sun - my sort of Sunday. 8-)
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

Burningaham wrote:Chiltern classic car rally today. I think the Volvo classic club are there.
I'll be taking my 1963 Lamberetta LI 125, if it will start. If not I'll take the Vespa.
I was over near Waddesdon & Bicester yesterday, nearly died from the exhaust fumes coming out the back of a TVR and whatever was in front of it. Now i know where they were coming from.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

Had a go at my own philly cheesesteak over the weekend... my word it was a thing of beauty, that smile after the first bite. :)

Thinly cut rib eye, didn't know it could taste so good!
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2615 likes
Total likes: 938 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:Yesterday afternoon we went to the Alresford watercress festival, basically a nice little village fair with stalls and music. Top down on the MG, drove down and did the park and ride by train. A lovely day walking round and met a few people I know, tried out different foods. Then drove to a nice country pub and sat by a river, enjoying the sun and eating outside. Before driving home through the country lanes. So steam trains, relaxing day and driving round lanes with the top down in the sun - my sort of Sunday. 8-)
A wander around Alresford always brings a smile to my face. A wonderful place - along the river, up through the centre and ending up at The Globe.
Last edited by pablo jaye on Wed May 24, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

On a bike forum I frequent, a disscussion about Nicky Hayden's death went as follows:

Post 1
"Probably the wrong time for this debate, but I'd rather be dead than left like Schumacher."
Post 2
What, German?
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1677 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Going to visit my mates down the Bethnal Green Working Man's Club for a beer with my "Working Class and Proud of it" T shirt on replete with Crossed Hammers ( comes from a Eastern European international Union group with the hammers being a symbol of iron working) and finding some of the floors are section off for private functions.

Being a member I am allowed into these functions for free so I popped in only to find I was attending this ... words fail me but abortion comes near.

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/2017/ ... m-roberts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So standing there with my crossed crossed Irons t shirt on I felt a tad uncomfortable, but despite there being about 90 spuds there I had no need to worry. They were so up their own asses and they didn't even notice me. So I stayed for a while and this was the general overview - and I paraphrase:

Title race: really unlucky, WHU result was a shocker, WHU were crap, but we have to be better.

Harry Kane: Is gonna be a world class player, he's going nowhere.
Delli Ali: Is gonna be a world class player, he's going nowhere.
Kyle Walker: need I go on.

Generally: Lots of glory, glory reminiscing,

Next season: Premiership champs, nailed on.

Overall: Graham Roberts come over as a top bloke, telling very honest stories of his run in with Spuds managers, directors and her does a hell of a lot of work for disabled and under privileged kids and has raised a **** load of money for them. Hazzard comes over as a bit loud-mouth "meh" kinda guy.

As I left the aluminium limited print of Roberts lifting some kind of cup in the past was being auctioned off by Hazzard, the latest bid being £1300 by a Glasgow Rangers supporter.

I laughed all the way home :)
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Not being able to sleep tonight after the newest batch of my prescribed meds seem to be duds. Subsequently ****ing through the TV channels more in hope than expectation... then Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times is on Sky Arts.

Genuinely saved my mind tonight... greatly so because the very end of it is worth the admission alone (the bit where Charlie and Paulette Goddard wander up the road to the strains of 'Smile While Your Heart Is Breaking.

Daft I know, but yeah, little things. :)

NB: edited word was 'flick' with 'ing' , not an expletive!
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

I'm currently looking over a the trustees report for something at work, and this company has appointed a trustee called...

...Buzz Hornett.
mushy
Has liked: 651 likes
Total likes: 874 likes

Post by mushy »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:Not being able to sleep tonight after the newest batch of my prescribed meds seem to be duds. Subsequently ****ing through the TV channels more in hope than expectation... then Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times is on Sky Arts.

Genuinely saved my mind tonight... greatly so because the very end of it is worth the admission alone (the bit where Charlie and Paulette Goddard wander up the road to the strains of 'Smile While Your Heart Is Breaking.

Daft I know, but yeah, little things. :)

NB: edited word was 'flick' with 'ing' , not an expletive!
Written by Chaplin himself I believe.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Not having to go to the ****ing office tomorrow. Few days eating, drinking, cycling and bbqing just what the doctor ordered after a brutal week.

Also, the kind words and offers of help when I mentioned my job "issues" the other day reminded me how lucky I am to have you lot. I take KUMB for granted, but I need you like an Ostler needs his... ostle.
Hampshire Hammer

pablo jaye wrote: A wander around Alresford always brings a smile to my face. A wonderful place - along the river, up through the centre and ending up at The Globe.
And me, since I moved out of Alton I don't go enough. We will be back again soon when it isn't so busy.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The horses in the New Forest.
WoodfordJnr

Post by WoodfordJnr »

Pub
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

DasNutNock wrote:The horses in the New Forest.
And the donkeys
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

WoodfordJnr wrote:Pub
I second this, Their great ain't they