Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by WHU_Del »

Having a wander around Southend, when we come across three kids busking.
They were doing a pretty decent version of 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' and I noticed that they had a little chalkboard with their name and social media accounts.
They're called 'baVard', and it turns out that they're two brothers, 15 and 13, and their mate.

But what struck me was how 'together' they are. They've got a logo, they've got their social media sorted, they've got a pretty good website, they've done a video and recorded an EP (that you can download and stream) and they've played at some well-known venues such as Chinnery's.

It's great to see kids getting themselves sorted out, making music and having fun doing it.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

FreeWheeling wrote:Bought myself an Evolution Rage 3 saw a couple of years ago , didn't really need it , I just wanted it
i got one and used it once for my decking and its been in the loft since, but an awesome tool
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Having spent the week refitting the bathroom, I have a newfound respect for plumbers, decorators and other tradesmen. Coming along nicely, though, with just the vanity unit to fit and plumb in, the walls to paint, the splashback tiling, and vinyl flooring to fit.

Bit of an expert with a circular saw now.
FreeWheeling
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

I have used the Evolution Rage ore for cutting up crap so it will fit in the wheely bin than anything useful
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

I was crossing a residential road when a BMW came speeding around the corner (40mph in 20mph zone) so I rushed across the road and leapt onto the pavement. He slammed on his brakes and wound his window down. I thought here goes, dickhead is going to give me some abuse. Instead he smiled and said "I'm just trying to keep you fit by getting you running." He then waited for my wife to cross and waved merrily to us both before going on his way.
Upminster Hammer
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

I love that you left your wife stranded for dead in the middle of the road!
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

Upminster Hammer wrote:I love that you left your wife stranded for dead in the middle of the road!
I didn't strand her. I pushed her towards the car first hoping the impact would slow it down.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

WHU_Del wrote:Having a wander around Southend, when we come across three kids busking.
They were doing a pretty decent version of 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go?' and I noticed that they had a little chalkboard with their name and social media accounts.
They're called 'baVard', and it turns out that they're two brothers, 15 and 13, and their mate.

But what struck me was how 'together' they are. They've got a logo, they've got their social media sorted, they've got a pretty good website, they've done a video and recorded an EP (that you can download and stream) and they've played at some well-known venues such as Chinnery's.

It's great to see kids getting themselves sorted out, making music and having fun doing it.
Love that Del :thup:
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Sitting down having a coffee with a female friend when this young woman walks past the cafe in over Knee high black patent boots, sheer black tights and a thigh length bright red coat. She then proceed to walk in the cafe, order a coffee, moves to sit down opposite us, takes off her coat to reveal and all in one leather micro mini dress.

Female friend to me: " Put your eyes back in your head and shut your mouth as your tongue is hanging out and you are drooling. Oh and she's about 20 years to young for you too."

I know the rules of the snug but there was no way I could even take a sneaky pic without her seeing the flash (of the camera!)

Made me smile though. Someone somewhere is a very lucky person!
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Going by your description, her pimp I should imagine..,, :)
southbrishammer
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 340 likes

Post by southbrishammer »

In the gym, and the waft of strong BO hits me. Is it me? No, it's the ginger bloke on the crosstrainer next to me. Hurrah!
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

Making pancakes when you feel like it :D
Etonhammer
Location: Laid on the floor seeing 'Jesus saves' painted by an atheist nutter
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Etonhammer »

Gormalysis wrote:Making pancakes when you feel like it :D
When I was back home in the summer we had a load of Mrs EH's nieces and nephews around.

Made tons of pancakes and they loved it.

They all have them with Nutella ? Mainly I think because it's so expensive there so a bit of a treat.

Tried to convince them of the Lemmon juice and sugar trip but they were not having any of it.

Seeing 8 kids (oldest 10) happy was fun.

And yes.....I was an expert tosser.
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

Driving home from Europa Park in Germany today and hitting an unrestricted section of the autobahn for the first time.

Was quite a fun and pretty safe experience, respected by the road users who moved over with no fuss when a faster car was coming up behind, not least when a Lamborghini flew past doing god knows how much.

Europa Park was great too, the best range of rollercoasters I've been on and loads for kids of all ages, but maybe not one for Brexiteers.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Timber-F ... m/p/540054

Scroll down to the most liked negative review :D
badabing
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by badabing »

A couple of times a month I have to come through Hammersmith station, and for the last few months on a Friday lunchtime there is this fella outside with a boombox playing techno music and dancing. I say dancing in the loosest terms, he`s kind of like Red Dwarfs Kryten having been given dancing lessons by C3PO, he really is awful. I admire his front having a box for people to leave money, although having said that I am very tempted to give him a fiver for the comedy value alone. As soon as I exit the station and hear that godawful techno beat it brings a smile to my face. How he hasn`t been moved on , or sectioned I have no idea.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

"Meet your 40+ match" advert at the bottom of Kumb

Looks well tidy for her age. :scarfer:
Last edited by westham,eggyandchips on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

On Ebay there's a joblot of 1300 vinyl records for sale for about £100 starting bid.....

In the detail - "belonged to ex-husband" Image

There was one about dad's record collection a while back that said, "because he is going in a nursing home"

Some people have got no shame....Image
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Trying to keep a straight face, after discretely dropping my guts in the queue, to pay for my fuel this morning, it was so bad even I had to hold my breath!

Very childish I know!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Dogsh*t. All over the f*cking pavement, hidden under piles of fallen leaves.

I'd birch dog owners that don't clear up after their walking sh*t machines.