Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by Kitt the car »

Hearing the theme tune of Baywatch.

Seeing someone go crazy because they missed the tube/bus in London, don't worry fella, don't get angry, there is another in 3-6 minutes.

Hearing us sing bubbles in the ground, or hearing other people singing/humming/whistling it whilst out and about.

When I successfully launch something from one end of the room and it ends up exactly where I want it, usually in the bin.

£5 first class weekend upgrades on South West Trains.

Arriving at my destination quicker than what my sat nav, tfl journey planner, national rail journey planner said I'd get there by.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

seeing a west ham shirt worn in faraway places
when i gave up being a youth team coach and my daughter said ' i have my dad back '
hearing about spurs fans tweeting the cyclist/pizzagate/twitchy going down/etc - (obsessed not me??)
watching my son skill a right back and get a good cross into the box
seeing my duaghters face when i have enjoyed something she has cooked (like last weeks spag bol)
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:But, what's this? Dad is coming up the stairs... he's usually left by now.
Then, it dawns on me... it's a Saturday. Oh my cock, it's a Saturday!!
*If I could bottle the feeling of this precise moment*

It's sleeping for a few more hours, it's Saturday morning TV, it's football training, it's West Ham, it's A-Team, Baywatch, Match of the Day!!
Dad comes into room; "want a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich"

Oh my cock, it's a Saturday!

I sank and sank into a my bed as I dozed on and off for a couple of hours after the sandwich and tea. I swear that bed has never been as comfortable as it was for those few hours!
At the thought of your dad coming up the stairs you immediately think "Oh my cock"?

Did you not think to phone Child Line........ :lol:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Watching the total sort on the floor above saunter across the office right next to the atrium. Oh my cock!

That first drive when you get a new car.
Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 552 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

I caught a wave today. Not a big wave, I've caught bigger, but it was a slow left with a smooth face and though my takeoff was a bit late I was able to angle down the face and stayed ahead of the whitestuff, my balance was good and I had a long ride with one major cutback. The sun was hot, the water warm, the current mild and after getting dumped a few times earlier in the sesh this one single wave made me smile inside and out. 8-)
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

Seeing someone floor someone else's kid (as mentioned)
Seeing someone fall over
New book/post-it note pad smell!
A freshly tarmac'd road
A decent steak
Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes
When an ****hole overtakes you on a 30 street and you see them further down the road being pulled over.
Fuel prices drop overnight
Cats acting stupid

Lots of things really :D
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Dad comes into room; "want a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich"
this.... anyone going to get me something, usually food.... lazy as hell but it feels good. Even something as small as sitting in a pub and getting one of ur mates to go order everything while you sit! :)
studenthammer

Post by studenthammer »

The thought of going home tonight knowing there's a nice stew waiting for me in the slow cooker.

Soppy but when hearing my Mum sing, especially this time of the year, rarely sings but she's a great singer so when she does I can't help smile a lil'.

Making that last correction that makes my program run and do everything it's supposed to do, normally only involves changing a 0 to a 1 or something like that, but boy does it make me happy. Actually it don't make me smile, makes me do this..

davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Walking along a path with a pretty young filly approaching from the opposite direction.....

and I'm just waiting for the delicate perfume smell she leaves as we pass.....Normally hits you approximately 2 metres after you've passed each other.

"And sniff"..... :lol:
prince_huggy
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by prince_huggy »

davids cross wrote:Walking along a path with a pretty young filly approaching from the opposite direction.....

and I'm just waiting for the delicate perfume smell she leaves as we pass.....Normally hits you approximately 2 metres after you've passed each other.

"And sniff"...
Then following her onto the bus and stroking and sniffing her hair as well . . . "mmmmmm I like your hair. Oh sorry, didn't realise who you was." *smack* around the face :oops:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

davids cross wrote:Walking along a path with a pretty young filly approaching from the opposite direction.....

"And sniff"..... :lol:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

The theme tune to 'Hook'.

I defy you to hear it and not smile at least just a little.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

When you are on public transport and every connection runs perfectly - get to the station , buy a ticket , grab a coffee, paper and spot the prettiest girl to stalk, jump on board, get a seat , train pulls into your interchange station and your carriage is exactly opposite where you need get your new train ......and it's there waiting ....and as soon as you step on board it departs.........you get off at the next station, the exit from the tube is right by the door you walk out of ......you get topside, and the bus driver is waving you on board like a homing pigeon , bringing you home .

When it all clicks it's just magic .
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

When I see an old motor, like a Rover, a Jag, a Cortina, being driven by an old bloke who you can tell has had it since new and followed all the advice in the handbook to the letter, so it still looks immaculate.
You can tell by the way they drive them, that they are so proud.
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

when my 6 year old son scores at football on a saturday morning

the immense pride is overwhelming.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

finding a parking spot in front of the house in a city where there are 4 cars for every parking spot in town.
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

Junco Partner wrote:I caught a wave today. Not a big wave, I've caught bigger, but it was a slow left with a smooth face and though my takeoff was a bit late I was able to angle down the face and stayed ahead of the whitestuff, my balance was good and I had a long ride with one major cutback. The sun was hot, the water warm, the current mild and after getting dumped a few times earlier in the sesh this one single wave made me smile inside and out.
best feeling in the world catching a good long wave, feels like you've conquered mother nature (up until the next wave wipes you out and leaves you gasping for air)

happy surfing :thup:
DICAN10

Post by DICAN10 »

the pink palermo wrote:When you are on public transport and every connection runs perfectly - get to the station , buy a ticket , grab a coffee, paper and spot the prettiest girl to stalk, jump on board, get a seat , train pulls into your interchange station and your carriage is exactly opposite where you need get your new train ......and it's there waiting ....and as soon as you step on board it departs.........you get off at the next station, the exit from the tube is right by the door you walk out of ......you get topside, and the bus driver is waving you on board like a homing pigeon , bringing you home .

When it all clicks it's just magic .

this made me laugh but you really need a life :lol:
OxfordRobbo

Post by OxfordRobbo »

Watching my youngest daughter dancing on stage. So proud.
6ft 2 eyes of blue telling me his lad has had a good week.
westhamunited1966

Post by westhamunited1966 »

Being in the ket hole.