Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9648 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by S-H »

Sounds like you're living the dream, Daniel.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

S-H wrote:Sounds like you're living the dream, Daniel.
Modest ambitions, I grant you, but a bit of housework is good for the soul, I find. I’ve also eaten 4 biscuits and feel superb.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

What an absolutely fantastic morning, eh. In a brilliant mood, and I'm determined not to allow work to dent that today.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

DasNutNock wrote:- Aldi "All Butter" oat & fruit and stem ginger biscuits with a cup of Earl Gray to celebrate the above.
You vile human being. You can tell you're from Surrey.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:You vile human being. You can tell you're from Surrey.
Aldi in Surrey?
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Yes, we have Aldi in Surrey. Also Lidl.

Anyway, WTF is wrong with Earl Grey? Lovely stuff.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

My Gym Freak, in Strood Town Centre, in his vest and baseball cap the wrong way round and fake tan and shades, driving an 05 plate (though good nick) Audi, thinking he's the bees knees, oggling some females with his window open and music thumping, going splat up the arse of the brand new black BMW in front of him.

If that wasn't funny in itself, the two coppers then getting out topped it off :lol:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

My four year old on Sunday in the Turkish, upon seeing the waiter who had a pony tail, blurting out at the top of his voice "WHY DOES THAT MAN HAVE GIRL HAIR?"

Marginally better was a couple of weeks ago in the supermarket with the missus, upon seeing some old woman with some, errm, hormone problems, asking loudly "MUMMY WHY DOES THAT LADY HAVE A BEARD LIKE DADDY?"

:lol:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Another one in a shop the other day, he asked me why I don't sleep in pyjamas like him and his brothers and mummy does, and then announced in a loud voice "DADDY YOU NEED TO WEAR PYJAMAS TO BED OR YOUR BIG HAIRY BELLY WILL STICK TO THE BED AND LEAVE HAIR EVERYWHERE!"
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

sendô wrote:My four year old on Sunday in the Turkish, upon seeing the waiter who had a pony tail, blurting out at the top of his voice "WHY DOES THAT MAN HAVE GIRL HAIR?"

Marginally better was a couple of weeks ago in the supermarket with the missus, upon seeing some old woman with some, errm, hormone problems, asking loudly "MUMMY WHY DOES THAT LADY HAVE A BEARD LIKE DADDY?"

:lol:
I'm sure the police will be round shortly to arrest your son for his hate crimes.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

DasNutNock wrote:Anyway, WTF is wrong with Earl Grey? Lovely stuff.
It tasted like the kids have been ****ing around and poured your nan's perfume into the tea. I bet you put milk in it too ?
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

DasNutNock wrote:- Cleaning and re-arranging the bathrooms to an extremely high spec finish.
- Sorting out the cupboard under the stairs.
- Making use of the fact our neighbours are out for the week, so we can use their bins incl. his garden waste bin.
- Aldi "All Butter" oat & fruit and stem ginger biscuits with a cup of Earl Gray to celebrate the above.
I don't wish I had your life, but I wish I had your ability to feel replete, content and fulfilled by completing such menial tasks.

The tedium of everything weighs heavy, imagine turning that tedium into a strength. What a superpower that'd be.

You might be a Superhero mate.
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Post by Samba »

It was still light at 9pm tonight! :scarfer:
Can't wait for gnat bites...
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I have no idea if you’re taking the piss or not, FJ, but as it goes, I’m stressed with work, working too hard, and concerned about my health, so a bit of a banal on Sunday was just the ticket. Pretty much my entire life revolves around working and trying to make a nicer life for my family, and even small stuff like cleaning and sorting the house makes me feel like I’m helping more directly than just being a wallet, chef and taxi.

Parenthood has made me (more) boring, but I mostly feel in control and secure, and that’s more than good enough for me. The way i see it is that I’ve already had my chance to express myself in life and now it’s my turn to give my family a platform so they can do the same.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

And, by the way, all that lot above makes me smile, too, but it’s not a little thing. I love my family and they love me, and I’m lucky and, as I now understand, that is all I ever wanted.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Defo not taking the piss.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

:thup:

Then I thank you, sir, I shall take what you said as a compliment, intended or not. There’s no question I’m lucky to have this much to feel good about, and I wish I could share my luck with everybody, because I don’t deserve it any more than anyone else.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1677 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Being the only man in a workplace full of 20 women, the woman to the left of me baring a more than passing resemblance to Pam Grier and the other looks a lot like Leah Remmy. Both fit too. Sorry I know the rules but taking pictures in this overly PC workplace would lead to my dismissal. They fly in the ointment is the woman that reeks of BO. See TLTTIM thread for details.
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

DNK - parenthood doesn't make you boring, but it does severely alter your expectations and change what you previously considered to be 'fun', from going out, eating, drinking, dancing, trying to pull etc to staying in and playing menial games with littl'uns, then using 'free' time to escape into basically anything, including organising sheds.

Looking back they were some very happy years. I miss them now, so make the most of the time when your children are little. Remember that we only borrow them for a few years and then they're gone.

This month is the first one for twenty-five years when I haven't had to pay anything to, or for my two kids. I can't wait for the pay to come in, and not have to go out the same day. I may even celebrate with a small fondant fancy . . . . . living the dream!!
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

DasNutNock wrote: Parenthood has made me (more) boring, but I mostly feel in control and secure, and that’s more than good enough for me. The way i see it is that I’ve already had my chance to express myself in life and now it’s my turn to give my family a platform so they can do the same.
Don't Worry chap, once you become a grandfather you can go back to being a ****ing idiot and get away with it :thup: , its great