Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by WHU_Del »

This brilliant flouncing off on Robot Wars, having just been beaten by a team with three kids:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/39256234
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

claretandblue82 wrote:Walking along the street and seeing a lady walking towards me with a bra that didn't seem to support her that well so the things were bouncing around a fair bit. As she walks passed the electronic ad board the next ad that comes up is for Sainsbury's and in big orange letters are the words Jiggle!
Wrong thread - this belongs in BIG THINGS THAT MAKE YOU SMILE :wink:
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:My step-daughter not knowing how to make boiled eggs. I kid you not. I almost ended up going all Gordon Ramsey on her at one. I ****ing despair sometimes.

*edit* - I've just had to show her how to take the top off the egg. :lol:

She's nearly 17.
Shouldn't you be ranting at her mother?
djclipz
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

WHU_Del wrote:This brilliant flouncing off on Robot Wars, having just been beaten by a team with three kids:
By chance I happened to see that 1 'battle', not being a robot war connoisseur why did he actually lose? His one put theirs through the wall? lol
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

A couple from my last supermarket visit:

1. A woman in the vegetable aisle, holding a large courgette in her hand with a very pensive look on her face. Caused me to smirk, she caught my look and blushed red, rapidly put the courgette down. Dunno whether she was embarrassed by the context and what she had found herself doing, or if she was really having the same naughty thoughts and was caught red-handed :)

2. Parked up in the car park, front to front with another car. When I returned, the other car had gone and the space opposite was empty, allowing me to drive out forwards. Definitely a (very) little thing, but every little victory adds to the day!
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 531 likes
Total likes: 405 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Although i don't condone violence, i did grin quite widely when i saw a video of a couple of Spurs fans goading some Millwall fans the other day. One bloke just walks straight up to one of them and puts him on his arse. That'll learn ya!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1470 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Kludgehammer wrote:A couple from my last supermarket visit:

1. A woman in the vegetable aisle, holding a large courgette in her hand with a very pensive look on her face. Caused me to smirk, she caught my look and blushed red, rapidly put the courgette down. Dunno whether she was embarrassed by the context and what she had found herself doing, or if she was really having the same naughty thoughts and was caught red-handed

2. Parked up in the car park, front to front with another car. When I returned, the other car had gone and the space opposite was empty, allowing me to drive out forwards. Definitely a (very) little thing, but every little victory adds to the day!

Bet No.2 was the same woman with the courgette, she seems to like reversing up on to things :wink:
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

WHU_Del wrote:This brilliant flouncing off on Robot Wars, having just been beaten by a team with three kids:
djclipz wrote: By chance I happened to see that 1 'battle', not being a robot war connoisseur why did he actually lose? His one put theirs through the wall? lol
You're slightly confused, I think. That was the final, but it was a different robot that launched the kids one out.
This one was the 'semi-final', but there was no knockout, so it was a judges decision.
djclipz

Post by djclipz »

^ ah my bad. Whatever I saw was a big spinning wheel make the other robot go flying, thought it was that one!
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Just hired a Merc C63 AMG Coupe for a 3 day blast on my own (of course at 70mph or under )in the Scottish Highlands next week.
Estuary
Has liked: 249 likes
Total likes: 110 likes

Post by Estuary »

Little asian fella tried to make his own queue in Pret TCR earlier while the rest of us queued up the other side of the partition. He won't do that again any time soon. :wink:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

After nearly 10 years discovering the Friends & Foes option :scarfer:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:This post was made by westham,eggyandchips who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
westham,eggyandchips

DasNutNock wrote:This post was made by westham,eggyandchips who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
Ah bless. X
westham,eggyandchips

The new Sports Bar

:thup:
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 344 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

This mother/son conversation, copied from a friend's Facebook page today (and she wouldn't make this up):

Probably the best start to a day ever!!
me: "Jack, (Name changed to protect the lad's identity) have you cleaned your teeth?!"
him: "Yeah and we ran out of the normal toothpaste so I used the new one"
me: "what new one?" .....
him "the one beginning with 'A'....Anosol"
CRYING!!!!!

:lol:
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 132 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

White Goodman wrote:Just hired a Merc C63 AMG Coupe for a 3 day blast on my own (of course at 70mph or under )in the Scottish Highlands next week.
Went home (Inverness) last weekend, and took the Mrs. Only the second time she has ever been up. If the weather holds out for you, you will have some cracking scenery.

We drove round Loch Ness (well worth doing and not at all time consuming) and stopped off for photos when we saw four Stags roaming around. I would have driven by without thinking, but as it was so unusual for her, she made me stop.

Falls of Foyers are also worth stopping off at on that drive. Just take some spare shoes.

If you really want a good blast though, if you start off in Inverness and drive down to Fort Augustus, turn off and start driving towards Kyle Of Lochalsh, you will go past Eilean Dolan Castle, some incredible roads which are pretty much deserted. Hope you have a brilliant time

LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Going on a date with a bird that actually gets her round in!

Too rare these days, where's the equality in that?!
djclipz

Post by djclipz »

^ talking of dates. I was in the pub last week watching the footy and enjoying a burger then, i'm assuming, a first date walked in and sat behind me. The first thing I overheard:

Him - "I can't believe you don't like football"
Her - "Yeah I hate it, haha"
Him - "Well you sit there then and I will sit here so I can watch the football"

:lol:
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

immature I know but
re-imaged a combat simulation classroom
and in order to test the smart board I drew a big cock and balls on it