Things you've always wanted to know......

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Re: Things you've always wanted to know......

Post by Samba »

DasNutNock wrote:Cats are awesome and all that (except mine - he's a right little c*nt), but you have GOT to put a collar and bell on them if you have any respect for the local bird population.
Actually, I'd be quite pleased if he saw off those f*cking pigeons that keep sh*tting on my BBQ patio.
Poor little pussy cats. There they are, stealthily going about their business, finding it strange that ever since that pesky human hung that shiny thing round their neck, they've not been nearly as successful, at little bird massacring.
Actually, far from blaming furry monsters, perhaps the bigger culprits are b*stard magpies (or any in the crow family), who like to happily feast on baby songbirds, all the while, making their horrid, clacking sound.
Stangely enough, despite enjoying that behaviour, they get rather upset, if a cat manages to eat their own young. The hypocrisy!
And pigeons are Satan's messengers; no good to man nor beast, except perhaps, fast food takeaways, when the supply chains gone down...
Samba

Post by Samba »

sendô wrote:I keep getting dry skin above my eyes, on the bit of skin above my eye lids but below the eye brow. It's on both eyes. I don't get dry skin anywhere else on my body (friction burn on my cock notwithstanding). It's getting on my nerves now. It's a bit sore today.
What's with that?
Have you changed your shampoo lately? Do you wash your face with soap/shower gel?
Samba

Post by Samba »

Is Philosophical Dan any relation to DasNutNock?
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Samba wrote:Is Philosophical Dan any relation to DasNutNock?
Yes same person
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 938 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

sendô wrote:I keep getting dry skin above my eyes, on the bit of skin above my eye lids but below the eye brow.

It's on both eyes. I don't get dry skin anywhere else on my body (friction burn on my cock notwithstanding).

It's getting on my nerves now. It's a bit sore today.

What's with that?
Maybe that's the problem?

You should try to use tissue or other means of catching your love syrup when knocking one out?
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Does anyone know if copper bracelets actually help with arthritis?

The internet says no but I was just wondering if anyone has any experience?

Thanks in advance!
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Samba wrote:Is Philosophical Dan any relation to DasNutNock?
White Goodman wrote:Yes same person
Sub question: Are you related to yourself?
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Why is swinging a pick-axe so ****ing knackering? I like to think I'm a pretty fit bloke but, 15/20 minutes or so of swinging axes/pick-axes and I'm absolutely ****ed.

There must be some sort of f***-off circular saw on a cart job like they have for cutting concrete that would make mincemeat of tree roots .....
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

sendô wrote:I keep getting dry skin above my eyes, on the bit of skin above my eye lids but below the eye brow.

It's on both eyes. I don't get dry skin anywhere else on my body (friction burn on my cock notwithstanding).

It's getting on my nerves now. It's a bit sore today.

What's with that?
I remember when I was a kid, about 8 or 9, one of my cousins came over from New Zealand and he had the same thing on his eyes (he was the same age as me). The Turkish kids up the road from me who I used to knock about with saw him and just plain asked "what the f*** is wrong with your eyes" and he told them and for the life of me I can't remember. Weird looking though.
Clucking Bell wrote:Why is swinging a pick-axe so ****ing knackering? I like to think I'm a pretty fit bloke but, 15/20 minutes or so of swinging axes/pick-axes and I'm absolutely ****ed.

There must be some sort of ****-off circular saw on a cart job like they have for cutting concrete that would make mincemeat of tree roots .....
They have, it's called an angle grinder.

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mdvPOQmQhfg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Honda

Why do their cars have "H" as its emblem. But their motorcycles have "wings"?
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Honda

"H" stands for Hermes?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:I remember when I was a kid, about 8 or 9, one of my cousins came over from New Zealand and he had the same thing on his eyes (he was the same age as me). The Turkish kids up the road from me who I used to knock about with saw him and just plain asked "what the **** is wrong with your eyes" and he told them and for the life of me I can't remember. Weird looking though.
Thanks for your help GCRO. :lol:
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Honda

Honda’s first logo was inspired by the Roman god of Victory (Greek god - Nike) which had wings and the first logo actually had this god depicted on it. This is where the wings appeared from and remain to this day in various forms, for their motorcycle manufacturing branch.
The car branch of Honda came decades later and adopted a different logo to distinguish itself from the motorcycle manufacturing branch.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

When painting a a garden fence, are you just responsible for the side that looks onto your garden? or both sides?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Better than the above, there's a tree that straddles the boundary between me and my rear neighbour. It seems to grow out of their side, but from about 2ft up is entirely in my side.

If I chop it down and the bint over the back gives it biggun, can I just tell her to foxtrot oscar with no comeuppance?
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ As long as its not got a Tree Preservation Order on it, then you're free to chop whatever's on your side. Even better to really annoy her is that you can also chuck everything you've hacked off back over the fence as legally it belongs to her!
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

sendô wrote:Thanks for your help GCRO. :lol:
Don't mention it. Happy to help! :D
Samba

Post by Samba »

somerset-hammer wrote:When painting a a garden fence, are you just responsible for the side that looks onto your garden? or both sides?
Only your side.
Mind you, if the posts (if any) are on their side, then technically it's their fence & I wonder if you'd have the right, to paint any of it?
Samba

Post by Samba »

Heard the other week that the average cost to complete this years Panini? World Cup sticker album is estimated to be £700. Not sure a completed album would ever be worth that. Just taking advantage of the 'human collecting bug'.
That's the average cost; it could cost you more if you were unlucky. Obvs if you didn't get any doubles, it would cost less.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Samba wrote:Heard the other week that the average cost to complete this years Panini? World Cup sticker album is estimated to be £700. Not sure a completed album would ever be worth that. Just taking advantage of the 'human collecting bug'.
That's the average cost; it could cost you more if you were unlucky. Obvs if you didn't get any doubles, it would cost less.
I done the WC 2010 book. There are a few swap sites about that save you a fortune. :wink: