Things you've always wanted to know......

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Things you've always wanted to know......

Postby sendô on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:53 pm

Not a lot, few kilo max and can easily be handballed.
sendô

Postby FreeWheeling on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 pm

DasNutNock wrote:
The brain does a lot of the work in "fusing" both images together - presumably cross-eyed people's brains have to work harder to create a 3D picture of the world around them?

The brain is a wonderful thing
I got laser eye surgery done but in one eye only
Took a bit of getting used to but now dont even notice it
Left eye for close up stuff, right for distance, the brain just auto adjusts and objects close and far appear clear in both eyes
FreeWheeling

Postby yonni on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:42 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Came down from heaven on a Yamaha?

No, it clearly states in the bible that Jesus returned in Triumph to Jerusalem.
yonni

Postby We_are_BML on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Why are affluent areas of the country either very liberal or converative. Two very different ends of the political spectrum. One example of a liberal city is Cambridge, some might say it's the massive student population but I've found most working quite well off people in the city to be very liberal, in other parts of the country these would be tories.
We_are_BML

Postby Clucking Bell on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:37 pm

We_are_BML wrote:Why are affluent areas of the country either very liberal or converative. Two very different ends of the political spectrum. One example of a liberal city is Cambridge, some might say it's the massive student population but I've found most working quite well off people in the city to be very liberal, in other parts of the country these would be tories.

The 'college town' effect maybe? I think a lot of it comes down to how you view money. Some people are simply happy to have plenty of it and others use it as their mechanism of keeping score and want ever-increasing amounts of it. The former type of people tend to be fairly liberal and want to live near other liberals while the others like big houses, German cars and want to live in places where they can have regular cock-measuring contests.
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby POP POP POP Robson on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:33 pm

I noticed some months ago in my local (Harrow) Asda they were selling the Newham Recorder but no other regional London papers. I thought they must have had the wrong delivery but they sell it every week. What's that all about?
POP POP POP Robson

Postby cambridge hammer on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:00 pm

We_are_BML wrote:Why are affluent areas of the country either very liberal or converative. Two very different ends of the political spectrum. One example of a liberal city is Cambridge, some might say it's the massive student population but I've found most working quite well off people in the city to be very liberal, in other parts of the country these would be tories.

The liberal chap was ousted by labour at the last general election and not unusual for the city to return a labour candidate. Nothing to do with students though. However the more affluent areas south cambs etc will normally return a tory.
cambridge hammer

Postby 1875Hammer on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:37 am

Depends if that affluence is earned or inherited. Old money can be quite Liberal as a throwback to noblesse oblige while new money tends to be very Conservative.
1875Hammer

Previous

Return to The Snug