Things you've always wanted to know......

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Iron Works

Re: Things you've always wanted to know......

Post by Iron Works »

If someone calls you argumentative and you disagree with them then does that prove their point is correct?
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Why do people eat quorn?

Why do people eat tofu?
Because they're not proper Veggies. They feel the need for "simulated" meat texture. :fsake:
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1637 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

I eat Quorn because it is a healthier alternative to mean and because if you cook it right it absorbs all the flavour of the spices you put in and can be proper tasty in curries/chill's/stews etc.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

WHU Independent wrote:I eat Quorn because it is a healthier alternative to mean
but it's not!
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

How "you are *insert name* I claim my £5" started?
tonkaman
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by tonkaman »

Happyhammer52 wrote:How "you are *insert name* I claim my £5" started?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobby_Lud
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Happyhammer52 wrote:How "you are *insert name* I claim my £5" started?
Many years ago, starting back in the 20s, newspapers would run a daily competition during the summer.
They would describe their reporter, and where he would be (normally a seaside resort), and give a pass phrase.
If you spotted him, gave the pass phrase and most importantly were carrying a copy of that day's paper, you won a fiver.
The first, and probably most well-known, was Lobby Lud of The Westminster Gazette but the 'You are...' phrase came from the Daily Mail.
Kolly Kibber, in 'Brighton Rock', was one of these reporters.
Welling

Post by Welling »

RyanWHUFC wrote:What the queen wipes her ass with, Andrex just seems a bit to common for her
Don't be stupid Ryan, Her Majesty doesn't wipe her own arse, she has a flunkey (blindfolded) do it for her. The supersoft toilet paper is actually made from donated hair from small children within the Commonwealth and woven by the Emmanuels (who coincidentally made Di's wedding dress), into a luxurious, absorbent material.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Why do toilet roll makers describe their product as 'Puppy soft' or 'Kitten soft'?

Have they really wiped their arses with said animals? If not, why not? How can they make these claims unless they have actually tried it?
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

As we are talking about wiping arses, I suppose it is time for the 'why don't you see white dog **** any more?'' question to be asked (which ways comes up in these types of threads) :)
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Why do people eat tofu?
Because it's healthy, light and nice.

Why do people eat fry ups and takeaways, despite the knowledge that they'll be hit with colorectal cancer when they hit their mid 40s?
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Philosophical Dan wrote:Why do people eat fry ups and takeaways, despite the knowledge that they'll be hit with colorectal cancer when they hit their mid 40s?
Put very simply because they are tasty and some people don't enjoy living off rabbit food :thup:
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

Is that seriously it? That eating what is, essentially, nutritionless rubbish brings you that much happiness that you wouldn't countenance balancing it with some healthier foods?

Feel free to tell me to f*ck off, but I've a few questions for you:

1. How old are you?
2. Did your parents (or guardian or whatever) try to encourage you to eat healthily, or were you raised on a diet of - let's be blunt here - crap?
3. Don't you find the way junk food makes you feel after consuming it off-putting? Or does the salt/sugar/grease "high" tickle a part of your brain that other foods just won't touch?
4. Are you fit? Do you take regular exercise, and can you live a normal life without feeling short of breath or worn out?
5. Or are you overplaying all the "fryups, kebabs" tales, and you do actually have a balanced diet?

I genuinely can't understand how a rational adult can live an unfit, unhealthy lifestyle, knowing full well what it's doing to them. I've only ever found the world to be a much more exciting and fun place when I'm feeling fit & healthy.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Philosophical Dan wrote:Is that seriously it? That eating what is, essentially, nutritionless rubbish brings you that much happiness that you wouldn't countenance balancing it with some healthier foods?

Feel free to tell me to f*ck off, but I've a few questions for you:

1. How old are you?
2. Did your parents (or guardian or whatever) try to encourage you to eat healthily, or were you raised on a diet of - let's be blunt here - crap?
3. Don't you find the way junk food makes you feel after consuming it off-putting? Or does the salt/sugar/grease "high" tickle a part of your brain that other foods just won't touch?
4. Are you fit? Do you take regular exercise, and can you live a normal life without feeling short of breath or worn out?
5. Or are you overplaying all the "fryups, kebabs" tales, and you do actually have a balanced diet?

I genuinely can't understand how a rational adult can live an unfit, unhealthy lifestyle, knowing full well what it's doing to them. I've only ever found the world to be a much more exciting and fun place when I'm feeling fit & healthy.

Raised on a reasonable diet

No not really, like I say rabbit food does nothing for me and I do not constantly live off of fry ups etc but I won't swerve one if I fancy it

I have a physical job I get 5-6 hours exercise a day doing that, I don't really walk anywhere as I have a car, sounds lazy but hey ho.

I don't overplay it, I have a reasonable diet really but like I say if I fancy a bit of **** food I'll have it, quite simple.

That is fair enough and your opinion, I probably could be fitter but I refuse to spend my free time slaving away in a gym when I could be in a pub garden enjoying a few beers, out with mates etc.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

Fair do's if you've got a physical job - I'd imagine you need a lot more calories than I do, bound to a desk as I am. And at your age, you *should* be down the pub with your mates. Assumed you were older, for some reason.

And I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the taste of "bad" food. It's the way it makes me feel after that concerns me, though. Lead-footed, and useless, mostly.

Just... I dunno. I've got mates who are my age who can barely lift themselves in & out of their cars, and who refuse to do anything remotely "physical" when we meet up. A short, undemanding MTB ride? Forget it. Skiing trip? That's just time away from the pub. A day's surfing? Too much like hard work etc.

I wish that they, and everyone else, would take a bit more pleasure in stuff like that, and a little less pleasure from eating til they can't walk...
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

RyanWHUFC wrote:What the queen wipes her ass with, Andrex just seems a bit to common for her

£50 notes
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Why do people eat quorn?

Why do people eat tofu?

because they are c***s
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

There are many, many things that make me a c*nt. Tofu isn't one of them.
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

What was happening twenty minutes before the big bang?