Kids / Youth football

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Kids / Youth football

Postby Clacton-ammer on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:03 am

Saw everything that was wrong with youth football yesterday-------parents!

Arguing, swearing, which led to in fairness a proper tasty punch up. Very sad to see, glad I have taken a year off.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby screech on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:37 am

don't suppose you were in loughton yesterday watching football was you? as a similar incident happened on the pitch next to us. parents giving the ref absolute hell as he was a home ref, so a head coach for the club took off the ref and got one of the away teams parents to ref the remainder of the game and they gave him hell as well. at the full time whistle there was some argy bargy and the away parents wanting to start fighting with coaches and other parents, swearing for all to hear. there were about 80 kids playing football and families all watcing and these parents were absolutely disgraceful
i overheard a few of them talking about waiting in the carpark to have a fight or should they just fight them by the pitch. total wronguns
screech

Postby Clacton-ammer on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:44 pm

Total wronguns, you have that Screech.

Nope, was in Colchester. I was passing, thought I would watch a bit and then the scene x 6 from the football factory happened.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby Sloffy on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:43 am

Had second round cup match Saturday, dreadful conditions, won 8-1.

That's us into the QF's now, flying the flag for Division 2.

Back to the league this week. Then the following league game after that is against the team who are top on maximum points 15pts from 5 games. We are second on 10pts ( 3-1-1 ).

I want that lot to win this week, so they are 100% when we go there, I'm convinced we'll beat them 8-)
Sloffy

Postby Clacton-ammer on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:57 pm

One of my sons friends, age 18 years of age, heart attack on the football field Sunday and passed away, tragic waste of life :(
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby somerset-hammer on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:05 pm

That is tragic.

Thoughts are with his family and friends!
somerset-hammer

Postby screech on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:06 pm

i read about that clacton, sad waste of a life
my condolences to you all
screech

Postby Clacton-ammer on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Indeed, very sad. I knew the boy a little, my side played against him about 6 times over the past two seasons, local derby, very tasty games. I know their manager well, he and the other boys are devastated as you would imagine. Tragic waste of a young life for sure.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:58 pm

Clacton-ammer wrote:One of my sons friends, age 18 years of age, heart attack on the football field Sunday and passed away, tragic waste of life :(

terrible news - minutes silence vs spurs is what they are hoping for (18th minute i think) i think i read somewhere today
psychoscoredthelot

Postby Clacton-ammer on Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:18 pm

How do you get a minutes silence on 18 minutes? Do you mean clap? Nice touch if they do, the gofund page has done incredibly well already.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby Sloffy on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:40 pm

0-0 today................don't get many of those in u12 football

Tough slog. Other team were happier with the draw, were a bit more physical and streetwise than my lads, who had most of the possession but not many clear cut chances. 2 key players missing today didn't help.

Still, a clean sheet, that's 3 in 9 games now for our hard to beat boys
Sloffy

Postby screech on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:04 am

all games this weekend postponed due to the weather
i woke up sunday morning and looked out of the window and had more unsettled behaviour from a wet fart than what had happened overnight
very knee jerk reaction from local clubs on saturday
screech

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:21 pm

^^^ it will be the groundsmen that doesnt want his pitch ruined for the rest of the season i reckon
psychoscoredthelot

Postby screech on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:49 am

we got a mid season promotion and moved up to a more competitive league due to our results so far and we played our first match on sunday in the new league.
comfortably beat the other team 12-1, could have been at least 20 if it were not for their keeper who made save after save after save and didn't deserve to be on the losing team
one parent even said to us what on earth are you doing in this league? you are far too strong!
it was our first game there :lol:
screech

Postby Sloffy on Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:38 pm

It was a free week / catch up week for our league this Sat just gone.

So I arranged a friendly - played the team 2nd in our league ( we are 3rd ). The only side to beat us this season ( it rankles lol )

4 players unavailable for me, so I was a bit concerned but I needn't have been, the boys that I had at my disposal were superb, earning a 2-1 win with a solid performance.

Top of the league this week - they've won 6 out of 6. Bring it on
Sloffy

Postby Sloffy on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:46 pm

Sloffy wrote:
Top of the league this week - they've won 6 out of 6. Bring it on

Now they've won 6 out of 7

A 2-1 win for my lads brilliant
Sloffy

Postby screech on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:02 pm

We won again today 4-3
We went 3-0 up then the ref started coaching the kids from the middle of the pitch, telling them to run, shoot pass etc and they got back into the game and took it to 3-3 before our striker ran up and scored in the top corner and we closed them down and see the game out, frustrating game due to the ref as he and their coach took offence to us asking him not to direct the kids from the middle, they genuinely couldn't see anything wrong with it!!
screech

Postby Sloffy on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:55 am

U12 Cup QF last Sat. Took on a team 4th in Div One.......we re 2nd in Div 2.

Great game of football between 2 evenly matched sides. 1-1 at FT went to Extra-Time, 10 mins each way. Oppo scored a great goal in first period to put them 2-1 up. At ET HT I decided to go for it.......1 less defender, 1 extra striker........we did really well but in the last seconds they broke away and killed us with a 3rd. Lost 3-1.

Proud of boys, took the higher ranked oppo all the way. Oppo mum said to our parents it was best game of football they had had all season.

Back to the league this week, last game before xmas
Sloffy

Postby screech on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:42 am

well played sloffy :thup: do you play 11 a side with offsides / linesman etc?
my boy is still young and plays 5 a side with no off sides.
september we change to 7 a side for 2 years then 9 a side for another 2 i think? but im not sure what age the new regs intoduce offsides etc?

we played our last game of the year on sunday just gone walked away 3-2 winners but the scoreline didn't justify the game. we had at least 75% possession, hit the woodwork about 6 times, lost count of the amount of shots we had and as good as the oppo were we just lacked a striker with a bite of desire on the day to make the game comfortable.

but as a sign of progression we have won every single game this season including the games after a midseason promotion
screech

Postby Sloffy on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:50 pm

Yes Screech, u12s is 9v9 with proper rules, as it was last year in u11s. The only exception to 'normal' football is its not quite adult goals or adult sized pitch. That comes next year - u13s is adult football. We get FA appointed refs but the assistants are volunteers, one from each team usually.

Love it.
Sloffy

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug