what pub have you been in today ? Rate it out of 10

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: what pub have you been in today ? Rate it out of 10

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:40 pm

The Crown in Biggleswade
I was in there last night for a bike club meet-up. It's a Wetherspoons pub so standard Wetherspoons fayre, but not only that, I stayed in their hotel there. Wetherspoons hotels are 'effin superb. Seriously, for the price, they are FANTASTIC value. The rooms really are top notch. Really impressed. For the hotel I'd give 10/10 I was that impressed.

The Red Lion, Biggleswade
Really, really like this pub. Freindly bar staff, good beers, free juke-box and live band who weren't too shabby. Decent, friendly crowd. Really impressed. 10/10
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby woodgreenspur on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:22 pm

The Bluecoats - High Road,N17
A revamp of "pride of the Lane" a named after the now defunct local Girls school.
Not sure they will get the crowd they are aiming for,as its very foody.Nice place though,and the pint of Hopspur was perfect 7/10

The Two Brewers Scotland green, N17
A proper old school football pub,no real ale on draught,so had London Pride in a bottle.
Great atmosphere, but not the best beer wise 7/10

The Victoria Scotland Green ,N17
Friendly pub that has locals ,so hasn't suffered in the last 18 months due to no major influx of people several times a month,No real ale, but the John Smiths was ok.Great Juke box, and friendly bar staff 8/10
Last edited by woodgreenspur on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
woodgreenspur

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Carpenters Arms - old london Rd - Rayleigh or Wickford

I popped in here the other sunday when passing and i dont really like pub roasts as they are never as good as i get at home - but this one was up there, decent amount and really good food. Landlady was a lovely woman too - messed the bill up slightly so gave us a free drink and desert. The sticky toffee pudding was one of the best i have ever had !

9 out of 10
psychoscoredthelot

Previous

Return to The Snug