What Restaurant have you been in today ? Rate it out of 10

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: What Restaurant have you been in today ? Rate it out of 10

Postby orbital on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:04 am

Harry Hound wrote:
Nice pic of the view at the duck and waffle, I guess most on here have heard of Mia Khalifa 8-)

Not too familiar with her, however might have to view one of her 'Movies' now!
orbital

Postby WHU Independent on Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:59 pm

WHU Independent wrote:Wahacca. Canary Wharf.

Wahaca seems like a pretty good place to go for a variety of vegan/non-vegan options. Any other similar recommendations for a place with good variety ideally close to Central London?

Yes mate. The Temple of Seitan have just opened up a new joint at Old Street (I may be paying it a visit tonight!), The Gallery Cafe, Old Ford Road Bethnal Green is decent if a bit pricey as is The Cherry which is in Globe Road, just down from the Florists Pub. Wahaca have branches in central London as well, I've done the one at Covent Garden and it's very decent.

You've also got Mildred s near Kings Cross and Soho, Mana at Primrose hill and Covent Garden is a haven for vegan/veggies with The Wild Food Cafe, plus loads more and Dosa near Goodge Street is excellent if you want good and unusual Indan food.
WHU Independent

Postby WHU Independent on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:41 pm

The Poplar Cafe, Poplar High Street, Poplar E14.

One of the best cafe's I've been in. I used to be a regular (at least 5 days a week) but now I go there once and a while. Today was for Father's Day with the old man and my sister. He had a lamb roast and there was so much lamb, about 8 big slices plus loads plus roasties, two batter puds and veg. He said the lamb was perfect and it pained him to leave some as there was just too much. My sis had a lasagne, salad and chips, which again was a massive portion. She said it was lovely. I had a vegan fry up, which really filled a hole after being on the beer the night before and not eating anything. There was so much had to leave some, which is unusual for me 9/10
WHU Independent

Postby sendô on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:55 am

fmgod wrote:Can anyone suggest a sort of British restaurant in the sort of Smiths Wapping vibe, it's a gift for my father, so nothing too trendy and loud or ideas like foams and emulsions, etc just good normal food

Yes, Smiths of Ongar.
sendô

Postby fmgod on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:14 pm

Yeah going to book that next time, I want to give them a gift, the reviews aren't as good as the Wapping one but still pretty decent.
fmgod

Postby Estuary on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:40 pm

fmgod wrote:Yeah going to book that next time, I want to give them a gift, the reviews aren't as good as the Wapping one but still pretty decent.

I was there the weekend before last, your folks wont be disappointed.
Estuary

Postby djclipz on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Harry Hound wrote:Image

Nice pic of the view at the duck and waffle, I guess most on here have heard of Mia Khalifa 8-)

Good to see no kind of dress code in the Duck & Waffle...
djclipz

Postby fmgod on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Wonder what form of payment they took.

Cheers Estuary :thup:
fmgod

Previous

Return to The Snug