4 k tv

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: 4 k tv

Postby Bitter 'n' Twisted on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Vince wrote:…Meant to very good for sports viewing so looking forward to see the boys in C + B on this.

Interestingly the first live football broadcast in 4K was from the Boleyn a couple of years ago in our 0-1 home defeat to Stoke City.

For those in the market to buy a new 4K set please pay attention to the 4K codec that the set uses. When the wife bought me an LG set for my 50th a couple of years ago in time for the World Cup finals they were using the H.264/AVC codec in their sets and Netflix's UHD, (4K) uses the HEVC codec. Resulting in us seeing their 4K content in upscaled 1080p until I brought the set back after the World Cup and bought a Sony Bravia that does use HEVC.

I have to imagine more than Sony now use it but it's important to note that even though we were paying for Netflix's 4K at the time and the account was serving it up there was nothing to suggest we were not getting the service because of the excellent upscaling of 1080p HD by LG. But once the new set was in place and we could see the difference and it was like chalk and cheese.
Bitter 'n' Twisted

Previous

Return to The Snug