Threatening to Cancel Sky.

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Threatening to Cancel Sky.

Postby Pop Robson on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:52 pm

Just had a letter broadband and line rental up again !

Have to call them
Pop Robson

Postby mumbles87 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:59 pm

JFK wrote:There was a power cut on my block recently and it damaged my Sky box. Certain channels playing up.

Ring to see if anything could be done. In the end they have to send an enigneer and the cost is £60. I note i've been a customer since 1989 and will not pay. Straight away drops to £30 asking how does that sound. I responsd i've got Virgin quotes here and contract up soon, how does that sound. Price now nothing. Replaced box with a new one.

thats only real bonus ive seen with virgin.. free eng appointments and have to replace your equipment for free as you rent and dont own it
mumbles87

Postby Fishbone on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:37 pm

JFK wrote:There was a power cut on my block recently and it damaged my Sky box. Certain channels playing up.

Ring to see if anything could be done. In the end they have to send an enigneer and the cost is £60. I note i've been a customer since 1989 and will not pay. Straight away drops to £30 asking how does that sound. I responsd i've got Virgin quotes here and contract up soon, how does that sound. Price now nothing. Replaced box with a new one.

mumbles87 wrote:thats only real bonus ive seen with virgin.. free eng appointments and have to replace your equipment for free as you rent and dont own it

The new Sky Q business model is the same, you don't own the box\es
Fishbone

Postby somerset-hammer on Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:26 pm

BT Sport half price for a year, if you are a Sky customer.
somerset-hammer

Postby Crouchend_Hammer on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:22 pm

wizzo_66 wrote:I'm at about £75 for tv, broadband and telephone through sky. That's including sports and hd.

Pathetic isn't it that people are all paying different figures.

That is pretty much where i net out at the moment
Crouchend_Hammer

Postby Hammersfaniow on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:21 pm

So, I gave my 31 days notice about 10 days ago. My current package is TV with sports & movies, unlimited broadband and phone with evening & weekend calls, paying just under £60pm with various offers when I signed up. Got a 20% & 30% discount letter in the post which I ignored. Then got a call from the retentions department, offering same package for £56.99pm, I said I'd think about it. There and then he offered me exactly the same package but gave half price on the calls and line rental too, £47.49pm. I gave in, took it, I'm happy with that. Saved myself £130 over the year and got quite a good deal considering what others have said they pay.
Hammersfaniow

Postby uptonparkhurst on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:47 pm

Pop Robson wrote:Just had a letter broadband and line rental up again !

Have to call them

How did you get on?
uptonparkhurst

Location: An Alternate Reality of Evil Spells and worse spelling

Postby mumbles87 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:35 pm

After 2 weeks of really solid reliability from virgin

It's back to crap
mumbles87

Postby Happyhammer93 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:08 am

What's the new virgin tivo boxes like?
Happyhammer93

Postby 'Appy 'Ammer on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:59 am

I'm getting Sky phone up 2, 3 times daily now. I just ignore it. Unless they can offer me 12 months half price, a free TV and Sky Q like they are mostly doing for new customers, they can eff off.
'Appy 'Ammer

Postby mumbles87 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:25 am

Happyhammer93 wrote:What's the new virgin tivo boxes like?

boxes themselves are fantastic however without broadband their pretty crap

when our broadband goes we cant add to series link because thats controlled by the internet

the two boxes can talk to each other over the network however when the Hub 3 loses the signal to virgin for some reason it closes down the wifi and the LAN most of the time (the hub 2 just cut off the net itself and let you use the wireless.. so for example the wireless printer would still work) so half the time the boxes can talk to each other .. hit and miss

I fixed the broadband last night dunno how just unplugged everything.. all ethernets and the cable itself.. shut down and then connected it all back slowly.. didnt overload it with all the ethernets at once

lastest from 20:00 last night until 08:00 this morning (great we slept for most of that) and then it went again.. came down just now and got it working again (same way)

hopefully the engineer will get it working... even tech support are agreeing now its the network not anything in my house (as we replaced the lot) they said they may have to do a "repull" ie a new cable to the house.. shame because we had a driveway built over the old cable when we moved in so it wouldnt be on the drive.. but if that fixes our net then excellent.

one thing that did bug me was the new equipment tied us into a new 12 month contract that they are now saying I have to honour even though they said if this service problems kept coming up then id be free to leave

second lady on phone was like "you need 3 engineers out in a month" I just replied that with their availability Id be lucky to get 3 visits within the same quarter.

fingers crossed I get a decent tech out on friday and not the one who comes every few times we call them out.. their is one who is fantastic and tries to fix it at the exchange , outside my house etc.. the other (spurs fan.. must be why!) comes in.. says signals too high (which the second tech says its not) puts signal lowers on and then leaves... 5 mins later the tv will loose picture because of what he is done..

last night Mrs mumbles almost let me sign up to Three take anywhere wifi £17 a month for 20gb as a back up broadband (1st world problems) for 12 months .. because that would see out this virgin contract and then we could go to sky (looking more likely now even with the new v6 boxes.. shame I really like them)

compounded by the fact that o2 have a mast down in our area at the moment so when wifi goes down our phones switch to 4G but have between 1 and 2 bars rather than the normal full service...

we have both used 1/4 of our monthly data in a week with this broadband going down which just isnt good lol
mumbles87

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:50 am

somerset-hammer wrote:BT Sport half price for a year, if you are a Sky customer.

Have you got a link to this Somerset?
westham,eggyandchips

Postby Warwick Iron on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:55 pm

Just cancelled was paying £85 a month for sports, cinema, box sets, and Sky go extra. They offered this for £51 a month ash their lowest bid so held firm an cancelled. Want to pay £40 a month for the above
Warwick Iron

Postby Baron Von Marlon on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Sky sports half price with virgin for 6 months
Baron Von Marlon

Postby mumbles87 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Virgin has been on and off for 8 days now (literally)

stood my ground with them. They said if they fix it tomorrow and then the fault returns within 14 days I can leave without penalty
mumbles87

Postby Rocketron on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:32 pm

mumbles87 wrote:Virgin has been on and off for 8 days now (literally)

stood my ground with them. They said if they fix it tomorrow and then the fault returns within 14 days I can leave without penalty

15 days it will be then. :wink:
Rocketron

Postby mumbles87 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Rocketron wrote:
15 days it will be then. :wink:

always the way! lol

ill monitor it like a hawk and a single error code in the routers log and ill be on the phone to them lol
mumbles87

Postby mumbles87 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:16 pm

Virgin just been.. here 20 mins hopefully fixed for good

said our signal was boarder line hence why it cuts out and proceeded to go to the main box on the street and boost the signal

I told him about the tech who insists our signal is too high and puts dampers on it .. (he gave me his name as he guessed who he was from my impression of his attitude towards work) and he said throw those things in the bin there is no way your signal is ever too high and that wouldnt cause the issues you have

hopefully this is fixed for good and if it does go down again I know who to ask to not come lol
mumbles87

Postby mumbles87 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:01 pm

Crashed within 2 hours.. called them up they claim because it happened so quick from a tech coming they want to send a senior tech to make sure there isn't something they have missed

wish they would just let me leave now.. getting a bit of a joke
mumbles87

Postby mumbles87 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:50 pm

So finally I have cancelled my contract with virgin

it cancels on the 26th March (my 30th, great present to be free of them)

found out the max fee was £240 to leave so was going to bite the bullet but stood my ground and they have let me leave my contract for free because of the poor service.

Signed up with BT infinity 1.. with BT entertainment , BT sport and in HD etc.. £47.99 a month... so thats a saving of £50 a month on what I had already.. I have my dads sky go to use anyways so that take cares of all the other sports that BT dont have. Arrives 20th march. so got 6 days to get used to it.

I have been mucking around with my telly.. the aerial defiantly works so dont need a new one.. check.. plugged in my sky connections (glad I kept them when I moved in) TV has built in freesat so we have that aswell

Freeview in bedroom
Freesat and BT TV downstairs

job done.

im done with virgin and I wont pay for sky right now just cant justify paying more for the same as I got before
mumbles87

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug