What are celebrities really like?

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby Hammer1972 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:48 am

I have a pair almost identical... :oops:
Hammer1972

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:51 am

Hammer1972 wrote:I have a pair almost identical... :oops:

Who were you in The Bill? Burnside, I reckon.
DasNutNock

Postby Hammer1972 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:53 am

Shut it you slag.

Edit - they probably weren't allowed to say 'slag' on The Bill.
Hammer1972

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:27 pm

The Troggs were playing at Bangor University during the late 70s so me and my mates went off to see them - we were quite near the front and I got an aisle seat - Reg Presley [ God rest his soul ] wore a one piece leather outfit and as he came off the stage he passed right by me , I went to clap him on the back and he ducked thinking I was going to punch him ! :) His leather one piece was covered in sweat and my hand came back all wet [ now there's an opening line for my next novel ] .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Rocketron on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:14 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:The Troggs were playing at Bangor University during the late 70s so me and my mates went off to see them - we were quite near the front and I got an aisle seat - Reg Presley [ God rest his soul ] wore a one piece leather outfit and as he came off the stage he passed right by me , I went to clap him on the back and he ducked thinking I was going to punch him ! :) His leather one piece was covered in sweat and my hand came back all wet [ now there's an opening line for my next novel ] .

You mean his sweat worked it's way through the leather?
Rocketron

Postby claretandblue82 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:45 pm

A few more I remember are Vic Reeves, miserable b*stard but his wife is nice. Dr Who Tom Baker is huge, very cheerful and has a presence about him, in a good way.

My wife has met a few in the restaurant she works in. Paul O'Grady has always been nice and stops for a chat, Pam Ferris is lovely. Michael Hogben, he was on Bargain Hunt for a while, is what rhymes with hunt!
claretandblue82

Postby smuts on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Hammer1972 wrote:Shut it you slag.

Edit - they probably weren't allowed to say 'slag' on The Bill.

A bloke I worked with once dropped into conversation that he had appeared on the Bill. I said "Oh, what part?" "Second vomiting tramp" he replied.

So not even first vomiting tramp....not one for the CV.
smuts

Postby Walsall Hammer on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:13 pm

A few years ago I lived opposite a relative of Joleon Lescott, had no idea until he jumped out of a blacked our Range Rover whilst I was doing a bit of gardening. Had a brief chat about football and West Ham, off he went, decent chap thought I. Few days later at about 9 in the evening, knock on door, open door, stood there is Joleon Lescott clutching an ASDA bag. He hands me the bag which contains a match shirt as worn by Paulo Di Canio he'd got off a friend who played for Villa at the time.
Walsall Hammer

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Walsall Hammer wrote:A few years ago I lived opposite a relative of Joleon Lescott, had no idea until he jumped out of a blacked our Range Rover whilst I was doing a bit of gardening. Had a brief chat about football and West Ham, off he went, decent chap thought I. Few days later at about 9 in the evening, knock on door, open door, stood there is Joleon Lescott clutching an ASDA bag. He hands me the bag which contains a match shirt as worn by Paulo Di Canio he'd got off a friend who played for Villa at the time.

In which case, he just shot up in my estimation. Shame stories like this don't get more publicity.
DasNutNock

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:13 pm

claretandblue82 wrote:A few more I remember are Vic Reeves, miserable b*stard but his wife is nice. Dr Who Tom Baker is huge, very cheerful and has a presence about him, in a good way.

My wife has met a few in the restaurant she works in. Paul O'Grady has always been nice and stops for a chat, Pam Ferris is lovely. Michael Hogben, he was on Bargain Hunt for a while, is what rhymes with hunt!

Jim "Vic Reeves" Muir has only ever come across as an utter spunkrag in real life.
DasNutNock

Postby WHU_Del on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:16 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Jim "Vic Reeves" Muir has only ever come across as an utter spunkrag in real life.

I've met him twice and he's been polite and courteous each time.
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby Hammers Dad on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:25 pm

I forgot about Terry Mitchell from Grange Hill (played by Keith Meade)
Really nice bloke, worked with him for about 10 years or so
Hammers Dad

Postby pablo jaye on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:49 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Jim "Vic Reeves" Muir has only ever come across as an utter spunkrag in real life

WHU_Del wrote:I've met him twice and he's been polite and courteous each time.

He was a neighbour of the parents of a good pal of mine - a nice chap by all accounts. What with other conflicting accounts of people, just shows that we all have off days.
pablo jaye

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Not a fan of drink drivers at the best of times, but he was extremely rude to some friends of mine at a restaurant once. His missus was acutely embarrassed, and by accounts was horrified with his behaviour. Perhaps he was on an off day. Still not a fan of drink driving.
DasNutNock

Postby pablo jaye on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:37 am

Just watched the YouTube video on the Automaton - Jamiroquai thread in the Music, Film and TV forum..

That JK fella looks exactly the sort of chap that you'd take round your granny's house for tea.
pablo jaye

Postby RichieRiv on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:12 am

pablo jaye wrote:What with other conflicting accounts of people, just shows that we all have off days.

Alternatively the people passing judgement are opinionated ***** because that celeb doesn't live up to their high standards.
RichieRiv

Postby Robbie on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:11 am

FreeWheeling wrote:
Doro Pesch was ever long haired teenagers wet dream back in her day

Yes indeed...
And Lita Ford don't forget.
Robbie

Postby nickkarkie on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:36 am

DasNutNock wrote:Not a fan of drink drivers at the best of times, but he was extremely rude to some friends of mine at a restaurant once. His missus was acutely embarrassed, and by accounts was horrified with his behaviour. Perhaps he was on an off day. Still not a fan of drink driving.

Was that Hell's Kitchen and was your friend Gordon Ramsay? :)
nickkarkie

Postby DasNutNock on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:19 am

Ha, no - but I do remember seeing that, and neither of them came off particularly well. Reeves being an awkward arse and Ramsay overreacting.
DasNutNock

Postby hammerdivone on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:14 pm

FreeWheeling wrote:Got kicked off jody scheckter's gaff too by his Mrs as I had long hair and big boots and scared the crap out of her :lol:

Jody Scheckter's parents were friends with my Uncle, and my cousins grew up with him in SA.

I met him at his farm when they had an open day a few years back and mentioned it to him, miserable b*stard pretty much ignored me even when I explained the connection!
hammerdivone

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug