What are celebrities really like?

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby Hammer1972 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:48 am

I have a pair almost identical... :oops:
User avatar
Hammer1972
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:18 am

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:51 am

Hammer1972 wrote:I have a pair almost identical... :oops:


Who were you in The Bill? Burnside, I reckon.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby Hammer1972 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:53 am

Shut it you slag.

Edit - they probably weren't allowed to say 'slag' on The Bill.
User avatar
Hammer1972
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 8:18 am

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:27 pm

The Troggs were playing at Bangor University during the late 70s so me and my mates went off to see them - we were quite near the front and I got an aisle seat - Reg Presley [ God rest his soul ] wore a one piece leather outfit and as he came off the stage he passed right by me , I went to clap him on the back and he ducked thinking I was going to punch him ! :) His leather one piece was covered in sweat and my hand came back all wet [ now there's an opening line for my next novel ] .
The Old Man of Storr
 
Posts: 12079
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby Rocketron on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:14 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:The Troggs were playing at Bangor University during the late 70s so me and my mates went off to see them - we were quite near the front and I got an aisle seat - Reg Presley [ God rest his soul ] wore a one piece leather outfit and as he came off the stage he passed right by me , I went to clap him on the back and he ducked thinking I was going to punch him ! :) His leather one piece was covered in sweat and my hand came back all wet [ now there's an opening line for my next novel ] .

You mean his sweat worked it's way through the leather?
User avatar
Rocketron
 
Posts: 10902
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:45 pm
Location: Slaven To The Rhythym

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby claretandblue82 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:45 pm

A few more I remember are Vic Reeves, miserable b*stard but his wife is nice. Dr Who Tom Baker is huge, very cheerful and has a presence about him, in a good way.

My wife has met a few in the restaurant she works in. Paul O'Grady has always been nice and stops for a chat, Pam Ferris is lovely. Michael Hogben, he was on Bargain Hunt for a while, is what rhymes with hunt!
claretandblue82
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby smuts on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Hammer1972 wrote:Shut it you slag.

Edit - they probably weren't allowed to say 'slag' on The Bill.


A bloke I worked with once dropped into conversation that he had appeared on the Bill. I said "Oh, what part?" "Second vomiting tramp" he replied.

So not even first vomiting tramp....not one for the CV.
User avatar
smuts
 
Posts: 17977
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:28 am
Location: East, East, East London

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby Walsall Hammer on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:13 pm

A few years ago I lived opposite a relative of Joleon Lescott, had no idea until he jumped out of a blacked our Range Rover whilst I was doing a bit of gardening. Had a brief chat about football and West Ham, off he went, decent chap thought I. Few days later at about 9 in the evening, knock on door, open door, stood there is Joleon Lescott clutching an ASDA bag. He hands me the bag which contains a match shirt as worn by Paulo Di Canio he'd got off a friend who played for Villa at the time.
Walsall Hammer
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:10 am

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Walsall Hammer wrote:A few years ago I lived opposite a relative of Joleon Lescott, had no idea until he jumped out of a blacked our Range Rover whilst I was doing a bit of gardening. Had a brief chat about football and West Ham, off he went, decent chap thought I. Few days later at about 9 in the evening, knock on door, open door, stood there is Joleon Lescott clutching an ASDA bag. He hands me the bag which contains a match shirt as worn by Paulo Di Canio he'd got off a friend who played for Villa at the time.


In which case, he just shot up in my estimation. Shame stories like this don't get more publicity.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:13 pm

claretandblue82 wrote:A few more I remember are Vic Reeves, miserable b*stard but his wife is nice. Dr Who Tom Baker is huge, very cheerful and has a presence about him, in a good way.

My wife has met a few in the restaurant she works in. Paul O'Grady has always been nice and stops for a chat, Pam Ferris is lovely. Michael Hogben, he was on Bargain Hunt for a while, is what rhymes with hunt!


Jim "Vic Reeves" Muir has only ever come across as an utter spunkrag in real life.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby WHU_Del on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:16 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Jim "Vic Reeves" Muir has only ever come across as an utter spunkrag in real life.

I've met him twice and he's been polite and courteous each time.
User avatar
WHU_Del
 
Posts: 5984
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:18 pm
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby Hammers Dad on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:25 pm

I forgot about Terry Mitchell from Grange Hill (played by Keith Meade)
Really nice bloke, worked with him for about 10 years or so
User avatar
Hammers Dad
 
Posts: 5511
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: Loving being the boss....

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby pablo jaye on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:49 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Jim "Vic Reeves" Muir has only ever come across as an utter spunkrag in real life


WHU_Del wrote:I've met him twice and he's been polite and courteous each time.


He was a neighbour of the parents of a good pal of mine - a nice chap by all accounts. What with other conflicting accounts of people, just shows that we all have off days.
User avatar
pablo jaye
 
Posts: 5318
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:08 pm
Location: Getting a nosebleed from the dizzy heights!

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby DasNutNock on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Not a fan of drink drivers at the best of times, but he was extremely rude to some friends of mine at a restaurant once. His missus was acutely embarrassed, and by accounts was horrified with his behaviour. Perhaps he was on an off day. Still not a fan of drink driving.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby pablo jaye on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:37 am

Just watched the YouTube video on the Automaton - Jamiroquai thread in the Music, Film and TV forum..

That JK fella looks exactly the sort of chap that you'd take round your granny's house for tea.
User avatar
pablo jaye
 
Posts: 5318
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:08 pm
Location: Getting a nosebleed from the dizzy heights!

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby RichieRiv on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:12 am

pablo jaye wrote:What with other conflicting accounts of people, just shows that we all have off days.


Alternatively the people passing judgement are opinionated ***** because that celeb doesn't live up to their high standards.
User avatar
RichieRiv
 
Posts: 13795
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:35 pm
Location: http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby Robbie on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:11 am

FreeWheeling wrote:
Doro Pesch was ever long haired teenagers wet dream back in her day

Yes indeed...
Image
And Lita Ford don't forget.
User avatar
Robbie
 
Posts: 5378
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:16 pm
Location: What's that star on the wall for?

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby nickkarkie on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:36 am

DasNutNock wrote:Not a fan of drink drivers at the best of times, but he was extremely rude to some friends of mine at a restaurant once. His missus was acutely embarrassed, and by accounts was horrified with his behaviour. Perhaps he was on an off day. Still not a fan of drink driving.

Was that Hell's Kitchen and was your friend Gordon Ramsay? :)
nickkarkie
 
Posts: 5770
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby DasNutNock on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:19 am

Ha, no - but I do remember seeing that, and neither of them came off particularly well. Reeves being an awkward arse and Ramsay overreacting.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby hammerdivone on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:14 pm

FreeWheeling wrote:Got kicked off jody scheckter's gaff too by his Mrs as I had long hair and big boots and scared the crap out of her :lol:


Jody Scheckter's parents were friends with my Uncle, and my cousins grew up with him in SA.

I met him at his farm when they had an open day a few years back and mentioned it to him, miserable b*stard pretty much ignored me even when I explained the connection!
User avatar
hammerdivone
 
Posts: 20016
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:55 pm
Location: Somewhere between here and reality

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pablo jaye and 7 guests