What are celebrities really like?

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: What are celebrities really like?

Postby 'stone hammer on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Remembered another couple. When I was at school my class got selected to be the audience for a kids Saturday morning show called Ministry of Mayhem, which was presented by Holly Willoughby and Stephen Mulhern, who were both chatty and friendly. They had Nicola from Girls Aloud on as a guest, proper moody mare, didn't want to sign any autographs or talk to any of us.
'stone hammer

Postby Hugh Jargon II on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:11 pm

That Claire Balding looks a smashing fella. Pardon?
Hugh Jargon II

Postby claretandblue82 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:16 am

Hugh Jargon II wrote:That Claire Balding looks a smashing fella. Pardon?

Sits down to pee though! :?
claretandblue82

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:10 pm

hammerdivone wrote:miserable b*stard pretty much ignored me even when I explained the connection!

I can see why. I've been connected to you for a decade now and still can't get rid of you...
rare as rockinghorse shat

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:30 pm

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:
I can see why. I've been connected to you for a decade now and still can't get rid of you...

Burn :lol:
Cockneyboy311

Postby woodgreenspur on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:55 pm

The late Terry Sue Patt (Benny Green from Grange Hill)
Met him in The British Queen over Spurs a few times.
Decent bloke
woodgreenspur

Postby chalks on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:22 pm

In the fire service a few years back we got called to a mini coach on fire on the m25, turned out to be Lily Allens tour bus. Was a lovely girl

Pete Townsend, lovely lovely bloke, and quite chuffed that we are on first name terms

Donna Air gave me a lift in her Mini a couple of years back, had a laugh, very down to earth

Ian Holloway, couple of years back, went above and beyond to help a friend of mine, and i will love that man forever for what he did. Wont have a bad word said against him
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Postby Mega Ron on Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:50 pm

Gordon Ramey is a nice bloke.

As is our own Michail Antonio.
Mega Ron

Postby w4hammer on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:35 pm

My daughter is working on Ant & Dec's Saturday take-away currently- she was looking after STEPS on Saturday all day- said they were real pro's and very down-to-earth
w4hammer

Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham

Postby Marky on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:05 pm

Friends with Natasha Kaplinsky who is very nice although she doesn't drink.
James May- nice but bonkers
Met Alan Pardew a couple of times. He really loves himself.
Will.i.am- met at Corinthia hotel maybe the most arrogant person you can imagine
Marky

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:00 am

Met Alison Moyet and Cheryl Baker at the same time. Both very nice and very funny ladies.
westham,eggyandchips

Postby Bubbles & Squeaks 77 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Having worked in the West End for a few years, I saw **** loads of celebs and got to know a couple by first name in one of the shops I worked in. Most if you talk to them normally were pretty spot on. I think the adulation probably gets to them a little bit and some people get star struck and don't communicate as you would with Joe Bloggs.

My favourite 'celeb' moment (if you could even call him a 'celeb') was a time I worked in a shop and this ginger haired fella walks in. As he passes me, I think to myself "I know that bloke from school" and he wonders deeper into the store. As he's walking around, I say to a work mate, "I know that bloke from school but can't think of his name" and I'm wracking my brains trying to work out who it is.

Eventually he goes to leave and temptation gets the better of me.
"Excuse me mate. Sorry to ask this but do I know you?"
He looks at me and a couple of seconds later says "No mate, Don't know you".

I can't let it go because I'm 100% sure I went to school with him and it's killing me I can't remember his name.

"Did I go to school with you?" I ask.
"What school did you go to" he replies and I tell him I went to school in East London.
"No - I went to school in North London".

By this time, I'm a bit embarrassed because I was convinced I knew him. But then, somewhat begrudgingly he says "You may know me from a TV show I was once in................Grange Hill".

And the penny dropped! It was the guy who played Trevor Cleaver! :lol:

He told me he did have this happen once in a while because people associated him with their school days because when they got in from school, they watched Grange Hill.
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Bubbles & Squeaks 77 wrote:He told me he did have this happen once in a while because people associated him with their school days because when they got in from school, they watched Grange Hill.

Pogo Patterson always reminded me of the pig from Pipkins.

:shock:
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby Romford on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Obviously wont mention Celebs i've worked for but i did have a good drink after Spurs away with Stewpot from Grange Hill and his lovely (and very pissed) Doris.
Romford
Big X

Postby Big George on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:42 pm

Bubbles & Squeaks 77 wrote:Having worked in the West End for a few years, I saw **** loads of celebs and got to know a couple by first name in one of the shops I worked in. Most if you talk to them normally were pretty spot on. I think the adulation probably gets to them a little bit and some people get star struck and don't communicate as you would with Joe Bloggs.

My favourite 'celeb' moment (if you could even call him a 'celeb') was a time I worked in a shop and this ginger haired fella walks in. As he passes me, I think to myself "I know that bloke from school" and he wonders deeper into the store. As he's walking around, I say to a work mate, "I know that bloke from school but can't think of his name" and I'm wracking my brains trying to work out who it is.

Eventually he goes to leave and temptation gets the better of me.
"Excuse me mate. Sorry to ask this but do I know you?"
He looks at me and a couple of seconds later says "No mate, Don't know you".

I can't let it go because I'm 100% sure I went to school with him and it's killing me I can't remember his name.

"Did I go to school with you?" I ask.
"What school did you go to" he replies and I tell him I went to school in East London.
"No - I went to school in North London".

By this time, I'm a bit embarrassed because I was convinced I knew him. But then, somewhat begrudgingly he says "You may know me from a TV show I was once in................Grange Hill".

And the penny dropped! It was the guy who played Trevor Cleaver! :lol:

He told me he did have this happen once in a while because people associated him with their school days because when they got in from school, they watched Grange Hill.

I couldn't remember the character so i googled him, led me down this rabbit hole
https://grangehillgold.wordpress.com/fe ... -they-now/
Big George

Postby WHU_Del on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:07 am

Bubbles & Squeaks 77 wrote:And the penny dropped! It was the guy who played Trevor Cleaver!

I had this in reverse when I worked in a shop. This guy came in and I swore I knew him from telly. None of my workmates recognised him and I was saying 'One of you must recognise him, surely?' but it was No all round.
Anyway, he made his way to the till, and I shot over there to serve him.
Thankfully, he paid by credit card so I got a chance to see his name.
And the reason that I recognised him and no-one else did, is because he was my GP :oops:
WHU_Del

Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Postby Skandi Brudson on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:09 am

The Old Man of Storr wrote:The Troggs were playing at Bangor University during the late 70s so me and my mates went off to see them - we were quite near the front and I got an aisle seat - Reg Presley [ God rest his soul ] wore a one piece leather outfit and as he came off the stage he passed right by me , I went to clap him on the back and he ducked thinking I was going to punch him ! :) His leather one piece was covered in sweat and my hand came back all wet [ now there's an opening line for my next novel ] .

I don't know why but that's the funniest thing I've read in ages. There are literally tears streaming down my face.
Skandi Brudson

Postby orbital on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:50 am

Ant and Dec were very down to earth, but that was before their major TV breakthrough, Paul Whitehouse I found to be a complete tosser, not a celebrity as such but Scott Duxbury was actually very good company.
orbital

Postby 333 and out on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Sir Geoffrey Boycott - surprisingly, he was alright. I corrected him for giving out misinformation on a flight (FA Cup results 1998. We lost to Arsenal, I think).

David Gower - very friendly. Met him at Lords on his way up to commentary box.

Alec Stewart - Top bloke. Shame he's a Chelsea fan.

Robert Croft (Welsh offspinner). Smashing bloke.

Rory Best (Ireland Rugby captain) - A gentleman. Happy to talk day before International v Wales in 2008. Unlike:

Brian O'Driscoll, Shane Horgan and the other Leinster primadonnas. Headphones on inside the hotel. Downright rude to a group of star struck kids.

Ronan O'Gara - tosspot. Rude, lecherous with the manners of a guttersnipe.

Rick Stein - very nice bloke.
333 and out

Postby Viking_Hammer on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:43 pm

Conor McGregor UFC fighter - Sweetest guy you´ll ever meet(its all a show)

The Mountain from Game of Thrones and strong man - cocky ****er but alright

Björk - Very humble and lovely, and very shy.

Gylfi Sigurðsson - Down to earth and focused, bit bland

Aron Einar Gunnarsson (Iceland captian, Cardiff) - Great guy, fantastic personality

Basically living in Iceland you´ll meet the famous Icelanders at some point or they´re related to you LOL
Just an example of how small it is, I shower with the president of Iceland (Guðni Th.) several times a month in the Gym. :? And he is a wonderful human being.
Viking_Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug