Sona Lá Fhéile Pádraig

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Sona Lá Fhéile Pádraig

Postby Paddy O'Hammer on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:39 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:I always refer to St Patrick's Day as ' My Birthday ' .

61 today .

You old bollox!

I'm 60 in September :scarfer:
Paddy O'Hammer

Postby vietnammer on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:47 am

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:
You old bollox!

Ye auld bollix, please!
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby ooh look who it is on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:06 am

Romford wrote:You out tonight matey ?

Had couple lunchtime up Queens Head in Stratford. Had to get back for the kids & drop them off for their tuition. Had a couple with the missus then home. Bottle of wine, pizza and flipping Ghostbusters.
ooh look who it is

Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:35 pm

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Breithlá Sona TOMOS!

I beat you by three months. I still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up, how about you?

Cheers , Lads ! :thup:

Johnny - I always thought I'd become a teacher then I walked away from a Degree course I was doing at Hatfield in 1980 , took a job in a warehouse while I waited for my girlfriend to finish her degree [ she's still here ] , stayed there for 7 years , previous to that I'd worked for Barclays Bank - I never did sort out a career , taking anything that came along - job wise my life has been a failure , Life wise it's been great .

If I could have my life all over again I think I'd like to be a Primary School Teacher or work in a Hospital , you ?
The Old Man of Storr

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Waited until this morning to open my presents as Becky came over from Inverness last night - got 5 books , Suttree , Blood Meridian [ both Cormac McCarthy ] , Sebastian Barry's Days Without End , Neil Mackay's The Wolf Trial [ thanks Shammy ] , a Literary Listography book , pair of pyjamas [ I'll be having my gallbladder removed later this month ] , pair of socks , another book which hasn't arrived yet and an external dvd player for my other laptop .

61 is the new 41 [ isn't it ? :) ] .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:52 pm

pablo jaye wrote:
Happy Birthday TOMOS - you are the embodiment of a Brit - Welsh, living in Scotland, born on Paddy's day and supporting England's finest Team!!

Married to a beautiful English girl too .

True Brit . :)
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Tenbury on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Happy Birthday,you old scrote (not as old as me though).

What a night that was.I fell asleep at about 1.30,when I woke up at half two the pub was still rocking.Christ what a headache.
Tenbury

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Tenbury wrote:Happy Birthday,you old scrote (not as old as me though).

What a night that was.I fell asleep at about 1.30,when I woke up at half two the pub was still rocking.Christ what a headache.

I remember hangovers , don't miss them one bit .

Sounds like a good night though .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby bondsbootlaces on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:16 pm

The Mrs has a lot of Irish family and wanted to go out yesterday so we did. Was good fun, I'm just hoping she'll be a 'culturally conscious' for St. George's day next month!

I don't know why but she keeps trying to bring Irishness into my family. We haven't looked far into our ancestry but we don't know of any Irish in the blood. It's getting silly with her though "you sit in the kitchen rather than the front room, that's an Irish thing to do" "your last name could be Irish we know a few Irish families with your name". I don't mind it, but not sure why me being Irish has anything to do with our relationship!
bondsbootlaces

Postby bondsbootlaces on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:18 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Waited until this morning to open my presents as Becky came over from Inverness last night - got 5 books , Suttree , Blood Meridian [ both Cormac McCarthy ] , Sebastian Barry's Days Without End , Neil Mackay's The Wolf Trial [ thanks Shammy ] , a Literary Listography book , pair of pyjamas [ I'll be having my gallbladder removed later this month ] , pair of socks , another book which hasn't arrived yet and an external dvd player for my other laptop .

61 is the new 41 [ isn't it ? :) ] .

Happy birthday for yesterday TOMOS, and to many more!
bondsbootlaces

Previous

Return to The Snug