Anti dog sprays

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Anti dog sprays

Postby ereford ammer on Sun May 07, 2017 5:11 pm

My daughter's golden retriever was recently attacked by a border collie and needed an operation after sustaining serious but fortunately not life threatening injuries. Today her dog was attacked again. My daughter's dog is so passive, he will not defend himself. I read that it is possible to buy UK legal sprays to deter and repel an aggressive dog. Does anybody know how effective these sprays are and have any tips for using them effectively?
ereford ammer

Re: Anti dog sprays

Postby Dover KUMB fan on Sun May 07, 2017 6:12 pm

JUst seen one called 'Bite Back' looks UK legal, & sudues a dog for around 20 mins. You might have to use it on the owner as well if you spray his dog. Not a bad idea though.
Dover KUMB fan

Postby Burningaham on Sun May 07, 2017 6:17 pm

An old black lab that was off his lead had a go at my young pointer last week. It was less keen to do so after a swift sharpe kick.
When the owner remonstrated with me I explained he was in danger of getting the same thing.
Burningaham

Postby DasNutNock on Sun May 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Burningaham wrote:An old black lab that was off his lead had a go at my young pointer last week. It was less keen to do so after a swift sharpe kick.
When the owner remonstrated with me I explained he was in danger of getting the same thing.

"He's juss be-in fren-leee!" says the owner of the 12 stone Rhodesian Ridgeback as it sprints toward your terrified 4 year old, barking loudly.

That didn't go down so well with my 17-stone rugby playing brother in law, when the 4 year old in question was his son. He charged at the owner, looking pretty much like you'd expect a very powerful bloke to look when he's about to kill someone. "Did that seem friendly to you?" he asked, after sidestepping round the dog's owner at the last second.

A rather eloquent demonstration, I thought.
DasNutNock

Postby ereford ammer on Sun May 07, 2017 6:47 pm

Thanks for your replies gents. I will buy my daughter some of that spray. Her partner will buy her a baton to whack the offending dogs nose to make sure.
ereford ammer

Postby vietnammer on Sun May 07, 2017 6:51 pm

DasNutNock wrote:"He's juss be-in fren-leee!" says the owner of the 12 stone Rhodesian Ridgeback as it sprints toward your terrified 4 year old, barking loudly.

Well, yeah, Got in a right row yonks ago on Hackney Marshes when someone's 'little treasure' chased after me when on my bicycle and was gripping his jaws round me elbow. I 'offended' the group of teenies by hitting fido with my bicycle pump. Eees only playin innit you leave my dog alone. Bit of a face-off ensued.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby DasNutNock on Sun May 07, 2017 7:06 pm

I like dogs, they're great pets/companions/whatever. Just a shame that inconsiderate, antisocial arseholes are allowed to own them, instead of limiting it only to nice people.
DasNutNock

Postby Bitter 'n' Twisted on Sun May 07, 2017 7:11 pm

DasNutNock wrote:I like dogs, they're great pets/companions/whatever. Just a shame that inconsiderate, antisocial arseholes are allowed to own them, instead of limiting it only to nice people.

Replace the word "dogs" with the word 'children' and that is exactly how I feel.
Bitter 'n' Twisted

Postby Smudger1 on Mon May 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Much like the inconsiderate idiots who allow the youngsters to not only stroke a dog they don't know but cuddle them without asking first and are then surprised at the dogs / your reaction. Our terriers are incredibly placid but ffs they are dogs.
Smudger1

Postby Hammer1972 on Mon May 08, 2017 4:57 pm

A while back was walking to lunch when some little dog off its leash runs up and starts climbing up me. I signal to the two blokes it was obviously with and they laugh 'He won't bite you mate...ha ha!"

Not really the point is it, excuse me if I don't want your ****ing dog clawing my suit.
Hammer1972

Postby fmgod on Mon May 08, 2017 6:11 pm

Hammer1972 wrote:A while back was walking to lunch when some little dog off its leash runs up and starts climbing up me. I signal to the two blokes it was obviously with and they laugh 'He won't bite you mate...ha ha!"

Not really the point is it, excuse me if I don't want your ****ing dog clawing my suit.

Agreed why is this even allowed, I'm just going about your business I don't want four legged creature paying me attention, mind you people treat their pets like others do their kids and think it gives them certain rights
fmgod

Postby the celestial insect on Mon May 08, 2017 6:51 pm

DasNutNock wrote:I like dogs, they're great pets/companions/whatever. Just a shame that inconsiderate, antisocial arseholes are allowed to own them, instead of limiting it only to nice people.

Couldn't agree more.
the celestial insect

Postby EugeneSpeed on Mon May 15, 2017 10:41 am

Bitter 'n' Twisted wrote:Replace the word "dogs" with the word 'children' and that is exactly how I feel.

Although a 3 year old child can'r rip your throat out. And will eventually learn to clean up it's own s**t.
EugeneSpeed

Postby Mega Ron on Mon May 15, 2017 10:51 am

EugeneSpeed wrote:Although a 3 year old child can'r rip your throat out. And will eventually learn to clean up it's own s**t.

P!keys learn that when they are two and they never bother to clean up anything.
Mega Ron

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Wed May 17, 2017 10:42 am

If you take your dog to the park - take a big stick with you

any hassles from other dogs they get the stick treatment - same goes for the owners
psychoscoredthelot

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Wed May 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Lemon juice to the eyes and a knife in the ribs always works I've found , failing that , a couple of half-bricks to the bollox . Then kill their dog .
The Old Man of Storr

Return to The Snug