Gay

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Gay

Postby Rio on Sun May 14, 2017 8:36 pm

It's fashionable. That's why you get a far higher proportion of youngsters professing to be that way inclined at the moment
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here

Postby sendô on Sun May 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Good post there lewisham and an interesting read. Thanks for taking the time.
sendô

Postby ageing hammer on Sun May 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Good post Lewisham thank you.
A work colleague of mine is gay and is a good friend of mine. He has just come back from a trip to New York with his partner and announced that they got engaged.We were all delighted for them of course and during the conversation he was asked who proposed to who. He said his boyfriend popped the question and also gave him the ring. So he has the ring and the boyfriend has none. I asked him why was this and why wouldn't he propose to his boyfriend. He said oh no it HAD to be him ask me and I had to get the ring. This has me slightly puzzled ( possibly due to my ignorance ) but who decides this side of things when its two men. Is it that in the relationship one man takes on a kind of female role and the other the male role or am I way off with this.
ageing hammer

Postby nickkarkie on Sun May 14, 2017 11:30 pm

The only exposure I get to gay men is usually tv and why do the gay men on tv always want to be the centre of attention, is it just that they are the type to want to go on tv or is it a common behaviour? I hate that behaviour, the talking over people, the faces and hand gestures, the shouting and dramatic noises, acting immaturely. I couldn't care less what sexual orientation a person is, I have a lesbian couple who work for me and she thought when I found out that I would fire her, I laughed and told her that it's none of my business who you fancy and have a relationship with, sadly her own mother has disowned her which is shameful as a parent.
nickkarkie

Postby -DL- on Mon May 15, 2017 1:41 am

nickkarkie wrote:The only exposure I get to gay men is usually tv and why do the gay men on tv always want to be the centre of attention, is it just that they are the type to want to go on tv or is it a common behaviour? I hate that behaviour, the talking over people, the faces and hand gestures, the shouting and dramatic noises, acting immaturely. I couldn't care less what sexual orientation a person is, I have a lesbian couple who work for me and she thought when I found out that I would fire her, I laughed and told her that it's none of my business who you fancy and have a relationship with, sadly her own mother has disowned her which is shameful as a parent.

In your line of work, you probably get a lot of exposure to gay men, but just have not realised it. Camp gays like the ones on telly are exception to the norm.

If you met Lewisham and didn't know who he was, you wouldn't twig. And a nicer, more kind-heated and generous man you would never meet by the way.

The bloke's a diamond, even though he does love cock. :thup:
-DL-
Match thread guru

Postby mumbles87 on Mon May 15, 2017 6:48 am

-DL- wrote:
In your line of work, you probably get a lot of exposure to gay men, but just have not realised it. Camp gays like the ones on telly are exception to the norm.

If you met Lewisham and didn't know who he was, you wouldn't twig. And a nicer, more kind-heated and generous man you would never meet by the way.

The bloke's a diamond, even though he does love cock. :thup:

yes and no

at our work 5 out of the 50 guys who work there openly gay and 4 of them are as camp as keneth williams in a carry on film
mumbles87

Postby nickkarkie on Mon May 15, 2017 8:28 am

I bet he is a sound guy DL, you can see in the way he writes that he is an articulate guy. I judge people on their behaviour and morals rather than their sexuality or race :)
nickkarkie

Postby sendô on Mon May 15, 2017 8:31 am

I judge people on the football team they support.
sendô

Postby vietnammer on Mon May 15, 2017 8:36 am

lewisham-mer wrote: fawning over 80s has-beens who's sole gig each year is churning out their only Hit which reached number 27 in the chart

:lol:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Postby Hammers Dad on Mon May 15, 2017 9:02 am

My nephew is gay as came out by acting as camp as a row of tents.
Annoyed the crap out of me every time I saw him as there's no reason for it.
My cousin is gay as well.

It is suggested that roughly 6% of the UK is in one of the LGBT areas. If you take that percentage and use the membership of KUMB, that means that just under 1,400 member are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender. I know of 3...
Hammers Dad

Postby Westcliffspur on Mon May 15, 2017 11:41 am

I was having a cup of tea in Waitrose the other day and I overheard two blue rinse ladies talking about the number of gays on television nowadays One was saying that she doesn't mind the gays but it's the camp ones she finds distasteful, especially when they try to force it down your throats. She said this in all seriousness and her friend didn't bat an eyelid.
Westcliffspur

Postby aboycalleddave on Mon May 15, 2017 12:29 pm

Bi-sexuality appears fashionable at the moment...in my humble opinion of course.
Or maybe is simply more acceptable today, the fear of coming out/being outed isn't as terrifying as it used to be.
My 19 y/old daughter has many gay and lesbian friends. They've been friends for many years and were open about it even in early high school.
My daughter doesn't bat an eyelid.

I'm in my early 50's and grew up in Catholic-tortured Dublin where it was a crime to be homosexual.
But my generation were the ones who fought back (against the priest run state). Now this generation are moving swiftly forward with massive strides is all forms of acceptance.
In fact, my last visit to Dublin as few weeks back I spent a great night on the pi$$ with my 48 y/o sister in a fabulous gay bar. We're both happily married with kids (not to each other of course) but thought nothing of it.

Who was is said, 'Why is it called Gay Marriage?...shouldn't it just be marriage'....well I agree.
aboycalleddave

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Mon May 15, 2017 12:39 pm

I look forward to the day when Gay Pride Marches aren't necessary - treat people as you find them , if they're good , decent human beings how on earth can it matter if they're gay , bi , transexual or straight , far too much importance is put upon someone's sexual orientation - we're all different , let's just celebrate the good in people .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby djclipz on Mon May 15, 2017 12:51 pm

sendô wrote:I judge people on the football team they support.

hear, hear
djclipz

Postby Clacton-ammer on Mon May 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Cracking post that Lewish, agree on all :thup:

My son is 18, and he has many gay/lesbian friends, more lesbian friends. It did sort of shock me how many were out (compared to me at 18), I like to think it's not about fashion, I hope it's just that as a society we are more accepting now, and rightly so, so that people do not feel they have to hide who they are.

One of my best mates is gay, you would not know he was buy his actions (unless he minces it up to wind certain people up) He also hates all the gay pride, and the "mincers" as he calls them, saying the "mincers" make it bad for the "normal" gay people - his words, not mine.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby Cockneyboy311 on Mon May 15, 2017 1:12 pm

That was a top post Lewisham :thup:
Cockneyboy311

Postby fmgod on Mon May 15, 2017 1:21 pm

nickkarkie wrote:The only exposure I get to gay men is usually tv and why do the gay men on tv always want to be the centre of attention, is it just that they are the type to want to go on tv or is it a common behaviour? I hate that behaviour, the talking over people, the faces and hand gestures, the shouting and dramatic noises, acting immaturely. I couldn't care less what sexual orientation a person is, I have a lesbian couple who work for me and she thought when I found out that I would fire her, I laughed and told her that it's none of my business who you fancy and have a relationship with, sadly her own mother has disowned her which is shameful as a parent.

Same use to work with someone who literally was the TV stereotype of it, their whole personality was oh their gay, didn't seem to have nothing else about them
fmgod

Postby Slacking student on Mon May 15, 2017 1:37 pm

This stand up routine is always a good watch on the topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tODdMKd0YkQ
Slacking student

Postby the celestial insect on Mon May 15, 2017 2:57 pm

I must admit that I've always been a bit dismissive of Pride marches, especially in recent years. But then you read something like this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-39678737
the celestial insect

Postby psychoscoredthelot on Mon May 15, 2017 3:03 pm

sendô wrote:I judge people on the football team they support.

too true

i dont mind if my kids are gay - prefer blacks/asians - whatever floats there boat

however i will NEVER welcome a Spurs or Millwall fan into our fold
psychoscoredthelot

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug