Gay

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Gay

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Fri May 19, 2017 10:56 am

I do find it refreshing that the younger generation is far more open and accepting of all sexualities (including asexual) but at the same time amusing that many find it ok to use "gay" as a "light" insult - as in "that shirt looks a bit gay".

Thirty years ago one of the guys in our football team was gay, and in many ways shaped my views in that he was not one of these camp effeminate types. In those days it was normal for everyone to use communal showers after football, he got the same amount of good natured ribbing as everyone else - his standard answer was "you're too ugly for me".
Hampshire Hammer

Postby Clacton-ammer on Fri May 19, 2017 1:32 pm

So, non-binary sexuality has hit the papers recently.

Have not heard this term until I saw Piers Morgan making a dick/vagina/eunuch of himself on TV (although he did have a couple of decent points in fairness to him)
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing

Postby tonkaman on Fri May 19, 2017 9:50 pm

lewisham-mer wrote:Unless you look like Tom Hardy and got a 10 inch w1lly, then you're probably safe....
tonkaman wrote:I've told you before, you're not my type Image
Hammers Dad wrote:Read the post again, he didn't say Oliver Hardy and 10cm.......

Damn, cover blown! Run away!
tonkaman

Postby Happyhammer93 on Sun May 21, 2017 4:36 am

hammerdivone wrote:Resurrected by our Eastern European visitors TOMOS, not locals

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Is that right , sorry , I didn't know that - that's twice I've heard something negative about Eastern Europeans today , some of them have been caught nicking a bloke's scallops up here I was told this afternoon .
Shame , really , as I know 4 Hungarian folk on Skye and they're all brilliant people

So this past week, ive had someome at work make a complaint about someone and feeling attacked due to homophobia.

The person in question is from an eastern european country, and this is where it became difficult during it all they didnt at any point intend any harm/malice they just didnt simply understand how it could be accepted, because it has only just been accepted that two guys/girl's could be together... let alone that they could adopt/have their own child...

Im not defending everyone in this situation, but in the one I've listed it was clear that because they had never seen it before/experinced it they were surprised to see such a thing... and whilst this shouldn't be the way it is, unfortunately their are a lot of countires that arent as 'forward thinking' as ours...

The point I'm getting at is that don't tarnish everyone with the same brush (the same as i think Lewishham has said if ive got that wrong im sorry) but just because people have differemt backgrounds etc it dont mean their going to be stereotypical as a whole we need to give people more of a chance rather than judging someone by the cover

Apologises if ive upset anyone i dont intend to
Happyhammer93

Postby 'stone hammer on Sat May 27, 2017 11:20 am

Working on the gay parade in Brum today, closing the roads. Loads of gays around. Who'd have thunk it?
'stone hammer

Postby Bitter 'n' Twisted on Sat May 27, 2017 1:12 pm

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted. [/quote]
Bitter 'n' Twisted

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sat May 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Happyhammer93 wrote:
Im not defending everyone in this situation, but in the one I've listed it was clear that because they had never seen it before/experinced it they were surprised to see such a thing... and whilst this shouldn't be the way it is, unfortunately their are a lot of countires that arent as 'forward thinking' as ours...

The point I'm getting at is that don't tarnish everyone with the same brush (the same as i think Lewishham has said if ive got that wrong im sorry) but just because people have differemt backgrounds etc it dont mean their going to be stereotypical as a whole we need to give people more of a chance rather than judging someone by the cover

Apologises if ive upset anyone i dont intend to

I remember working with a couple of young English guys back in the 80s - nice lads really , but on a Friday night they went out ' gay bashing ' - it's taken years and years for homosexuality to be as accepted as it is here in Britain and it still needs working on -
I fully accept what you say , people are opinionated and depending on where they grew up or whether they have any form of association with gay folk [ workmates , friends or family members ] then we have to accept it's going to take a while before some folk come around . They are not bad people as such , they just need to chill and accept that everyone is different [ and no one is perfect ] .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby the celestial insect on Sat May 27, 2017 2:28 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:nice lads really , but on a Friday night they went out ' gay bashing

Would they be nice lads if they'd occasionally beat up blacks or Asians, or churchgoers, or kicked the **** out of their wives/girlfriends?

I fully understand different attitudes according to era and class. My dad was pretty much Alf Garnet. But nobody who does these things is basically nice.
the celestial insect

Gay

Postby Chrissieboy on Mon May 29, 2017 12:56 pm

If you're gay what does it matter if you are "camp as a row of tents" or not? I know gay blokes who I never guessed were gay until they told me and the extremely camp ones. I like 80s gay music too though and the film 'Pride' so maybe I'm just a pillock. Can't beat a bit of Erasure or Jimmy Somerville :D

That film alludes to the gay versus lesbian tensions. Never seen it in real life. Anyway, nobody tells me how to be straight so have no problem with how people choose to be gay or define their sex or sexuality. The Billy Bragg song was great too, especially the line 'I had an uncle who once played, for Red Star Belgrade'.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks

Postby Bitter 'n' Twisted on Mon May 29, 2017 1:19 pm

'stone hammer wrote:Working on the gay parade in Brum today, closing the roads. Loads of gays around. Who'd have thunk it?

So I reference this post with a joke which was an innuendo regarding "going the wrong way up a one-way street" (which doesn't break any Forum T&C's) and it gets deleted but it's okay for a moderator to say "The bloke's a diamond, even though he does love cock"… Talk about double standards.
Bitter 'n' Twisted

Postby Sauce! on Mon May 29, 2017 1:55 pm

Double standards are fine - it's the double entendres that will get you in trouble.
Sauce!

Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.

Postby Bitter 'n' Twisted on Mon May 29, 2017 2:07 pm

In the Snug, really?
Bitter 'n' Twisted

Postby 'stone hammer on Mon May 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Bitter 'n' Twisted wrote:

So I reference this post with a joke which was an innuendo regarding "going the wrong way up a one-way street" (which doesn't break any Forum T&C's) and it gets deleted but it's okay for a moderator to say "The bloke's a diamond, even though he does love cock"… Talk about double standards.

Indeed, didn't see anything wrong with it.
'stone hammer

Postby Sauce! on Mon May 29, 2017 3:42 pm

Bitter 'n' Twisted wrote:In the Snug, really?

The Snug
Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Unless it offends someone. :wink:
Sauce!

Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.

Postby the celestial insect on Mon May 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Well, I wasn't offended, FWIW.

Somebody once thought I supported Spurs. That's what I call offensive.
the celestial insect

Postby Bitter 'n' Twisted on Mon May 29, 2017 4:03 pm

the celestial insect wrote:Well, I wasn't offended, FWIW…

I know you weren't offended mate. Because it was a joke on the previous post.

Anyone else could have posted that and it would have been fine. I just don't like how it makes it look like I might have said something homophobic… probably the reason for it being deleted.
Bitter 'n' Twisted

Postby east_ham on Tue May 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Having been told by my 18 yr old cousin about her new girlfriend , I can sympathise with this thread , but as I said to her , no matter who she loves , as long there both happy thats it , who should care.

Is it a phase ? who knows , it her life ,she has to live it and be true to herself , shame shes a spurs fan , the one thing I tried to break her out of.
east_ham

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Tue May 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Chrissieboy wrote:That film alludes to the gay versus lesbian tensions. Never seen it in real life. Anyway, nobody tells me how to be straight so have no problem with how people choose to be gay or define their sex or sexuality. The Billy Bragg song was great too, especially the line 'I had an uncle who once played, for Red Star Belgrade'.

I've been told by both lesbian and gay friends that some lesbians are such "man haters" that they even dislike gay men, I suspect that it isn't many though. One lesbian friend of mine said that she liked gay men as at least they aren't to try and steal her girlfriend. :lol:
Hampshire Hammer

Postby lewisham-mer on Tue May 30, 2017 9:09 pm

i wasn't offended either, Bitter & Twisted...
lewisham-mer

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:09 pm

the celestial insect wrote:- quote="The Old Man of Storr"]nice lads really , but on a Friday night they went out ' gay bashing [/quote -

Would they be nice lads if they'd occasionally beat up blacks or Asians, or churchgoers, or kicked the **** out of their wives/girlfriends?

I fully understand different attitudes according to era and class. My dad was pretty much Alf Garnet. But nobody who does these things is basically nice.

Difficult to put it over on a forum perhaps - when I said ' nice lads ' - they were to us white heterosexuals working in a warehouse - neither were mates of mine and we did wind them up no end about their actions - however , in those days I was still in my 20s [ I'm 61 now ] and had never even met anyone who was ' gay ' -
The Old Man of Storr

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug