Buying a suit

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Buying a suit

Postby mushy on Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:07 pm

Ben wrote:I thought you were a girl

You got the snug very excited there for a minute, what happened to the females on this site, there used to be quite a few?
mushy

Postby Metal Hammer on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:38 pm

As it's Ben shouldn't we merge this with the 'Beggars/Tramps/Homeless' thread? :D
Metal Hammer

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:24 am

Had to wear a suit every day to go to work at the bank , like The Collector I got one made to measure at Burtons and bought a full length leather coat while I was at it - I hated and still hate wearing suits - nowadays I go to more funerals than weddings , in fact I can't remember the last wedding we attended , I really must start investing more money in clothing but God knows why as I never go anywhere .
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Clucking Bell on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:32 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote: I really must start investing more money in clothing but God knows why as I never go anywhere .

I've always had this mental picture of you bimbling about in druidic robes and your croft being one step removed from a mud hut with a big **** off fire blazing away and a bunch of neighbours who look like the cast of Rob Roy :D

Please don't tell me this isn't the case as I hate having my illusions destroyed.
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby Ben on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:58 am

Metal Hammer wrote:As it's Ben shouldn't we merge this with the 'Beggars/Tramps/Homeless' thread? :D

Oi! That's the other Ben!
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby The Old Man of Storr on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Clucking Bell wrote:
I've always had this mental picture of you bimbling about in druidic robes and your croft being one step removed from a mud hut with a big **** off fire blazing away and a bunch of neighbours who look like the cast of Rob Roy

Please don't tell me this isn't the case as I hate having my illusions destroyed.

Swap the Druidic Robes for druidic Shorts and you'd be bang on ! :)
The Old Man of Storr

Postby Smonnie on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:50 pm

My advice would be to go to somewhere like Moss and buy a suit which is either one size too small, or two sizes too big. Go for a 'short' trouser too.
Smonnie

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:17 am

Clucking Bell wrote:I've always had this mental picture of you bimbling about in druidic robes and your croft being one step removed from a mud hut with a big **** off fire blazing away and a bunch of neighbours who look like the cast of Rob Roy

I've always had the image of David Bellamy in an episode of Take The High Road. :shock:
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Previous

Return to The Snug